still no credit from AC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by J_rob129
I am very frustrated with Air Canada.
You're not alone... even people who have never heard of Aegean are frustrated with them. How much time / money have you wasted on trying to get these miles? Does O class give miles to another Star alliance program?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Paid 1300 CAD for the fare, and about $50 CAD for phone bill. Waited for 3 months. All I need was 7000 to get gold, now I totally got screw over. I am pretty sure O class gives me 100% on AC and KF, but I wanted *A Gold badly, it was so close yet so far...

The CS Rep wasn't helpful either, they said to me to send e-mail to "complain" about it and I will most likely not hear from them.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Paid 1300 CAD for the fare, and about $50 CAD for phone bill. Waited for 3 months. All I need was 7000 to get gold, now I totally got screw over. I am pretty sure O class gives me 100% on AC and KF, but I wanted *A Gold badly, it was so close yet so far...

The CS Rep wasn't helpful either, they said to me to send e-mail to "complain" about it and I will most likely not hear from them.
Rather than calling, I would recommend you to email A3.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18446849-post1.html

[email protected].

Yes, a reply might take some time but there are many here who received replies.

If you still have your confirmation email that stated that you were booked into O class, please attach it to the email with a snapshot of your boarding passes.

Of course, don't forget to include your A3 account # in the contents of the email.

I wish you good luck
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Thanks, I have done everything you mention, and hoping for the best. I find it hard to believe how bad the Customer Services are in A3, very slow in dealing with problems and does not really care for their members.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:43 pm

Thanks, I have done everything you mention, and hoping for the best. I find it hard to believe how bad the Customer Services are in A3, very slow in dealing with problems and does not really care for their members.
I will be very sarcastic (although I do understand your feelings): And why should they care about members of their frequent flyer program who never ever fly with them?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Update: I called Miles & Bonus today and Air Canada inform them that O fare is a promo fare and therefor, I will not get the miles. I argued that how are we suppose to tell the difference between a promo or non-promo fare, she couldn't answer and asked me to send them an e-mail. This is not looking good. I am very frustrated with Air Canada.
These days, O is "premium rouge" (oxymoron?) and definitely earns miles, at least as of mid-Feb. AC was doing a lot of fare class realignment in Q3 and Q4 last year. Certain classes were supposed to be automatically switched or grandfathered depending on date of purchase, but the whole thing was (probably intentionally) not very transparent. AC may be making an argument based not only on date of travel but also date of booking. It might help for you to check out the AC forum threads regarding fare class realignment over the past few months to get a sense of when this all happened to be able to argue your case.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Hi Gus,

My flight was not a rouge flight, do you think AC mistakenly placed it in the rouge section? Also do you know who is the one is responsible to credit the miles into my A3 account? I called A3 and they say is AC, but AC said A3 is responsible, this is very frustrating.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Update: I just received the following e-mail from Aegean Airline,

Dear Mr. Ma,

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations Department of Aegean via our Facebook page.

We would like to confirm that we have contacted internally Air Canada to request authorization for mileage credit for O/class, however, Air Canada replied negatively, notifying that your ticket was booked on a special tour conductor fare, which does not allow the mileage accrual.

You may contact directly Air Canada so as to confirm the above statement.

Unfortunately, we cannot assist you without the authorization of the airline operating carrier.

We are more than happy to assist you in any further detail you may need.

When did O class become a "a special tour conductor fare"??

Last edited by Jma12; Mar 14, 2014 at 9:45 am
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Update: I just received the following e-mail from Aegean Airline,
When did O class become a "a special tour conductor fare"??
I suggest you discuss this further at the Aeroplan forum.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

???

I have spoken to Air Canada via facebook and I received the following message about a special conductor ticket: "We are not familiar with this term. This is not a term we use in our tickets."
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Just wanted to share with you that something like this happened to a relative who was 1000 short of A3 Gold. Flew AC long haul and it never credited.
Basically, A3 cannot do anything with unless AC "allows" it.
The headache with AC is that Aeroplan is separate. You call AC and they say it's Aeroplan's issue to deal with, then you call Aeroplan and they tell you to call AC. We gave up in the end.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Hi gnof,

Was your fare O Class also? I think it is better to contact AC because they are the ones that deals with the ticket directly.

I am still waiting for A3 for my flight in December.

All the best to you.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Hi gnof,

Was your fare O Class also? I think it is better to contact AC because they are the ones that deals with the ticket directly.

I am still waiting for A3 for my flight in December.

All the best to you.
It was not O class.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: A3
I am seriously considering flying AC Rouge to Athens this summer. MCO-YYZ B class and YYZ-ATH N class trying premium economy. Has anyone had trouble getting A3 credit for AC Rouge B and N class?

The lie flat seats for a reasonable price seems worth a try. AC Rouge has not had great reviews. We plan to come back via A3/LH.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:47 am
Original Poster

B class earns 150% miles according to the Aegean website, some members had problems with rouge but prepare to give them a call if things don't work out, it might take 3+ months...

I have also heard alot of negative feedback from rouge, and have been avoiding it to go to Europe. I think A3 does not have a TATL flight besides a co-share with US Airways to PHL, and you can still earn miles on US flights after the March 30th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.