Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 got a USA phone number?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
A3 got a USA phone number?

I've been calling the Greek number for as long as I can remember, so I was surprised to see that A3 now has a USA number posted on their website. When did this happen?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I've been calling the Greek number for as long as I can remember, so I was surprised to see that A3 now has a USA number posted on their website. When did this happen?
It's a very recent (and welcome!) change: The last Internet Archive Wayback Machine snapshot, taken in September, lists the Greek number for the U.S.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
An important note: the number is Monday-Friday 9-5. We still have to call Greece outside business hours.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3
An important note: the number is Monday-Friday 9-5. We still have to call Greece outside business hours.
I don't understand your note. The web site says that reservations are available 24 hours per day.

Are you saying that the local numbers are only valid 9-5 local time or that one must call 9-5 Athens time for certain transactions?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgoose
I don't understand your note. The web site says that reservations are available 24 hours per day.

Are you saying that the local numbers are only valid 9-5 local time or that one must call 9-5 Athens time for certain transactions?
The USA number only works Monday-Friday 9-5 ET.

The number routes to A3's North American GSA (general sales agent) who handles A3 related issues in the US.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
What is the US phone number? I don't see it on the home page.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili
What is the US phone number? I don't see it on the home page.
One click from home page. I guess, you're sort of lazy!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
One click from home page.
I knew the new numbers were on the site, but it took me multiples attempts to find them. Others encountering this thread will appreciate the link you provided.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgoose
I knew the new numbers were on the site, but it took me multiples attempts to find them.
This might be a good idea if you have trouble finding the numbers but knew they were on the site:

http://tinyurl.com/mrzhru7
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:00 am

The number routes to A3's North American GSA (general sales agent) who handles A3 related issues in the US.
The calls go to Cosmopolitan Travel in St Clair Shores Michigan. I've used this agency for almost 30 years for flights to Greece mostly from Detroit when I lived there.

Cosmopolitan is the only Aegean representative in the US, but I have been underwhelmed by their agent's knowledge of Aegean. The lady I used for the last 2 trips did not seem to believe me that I could get A3 credit when flying on LH. She had called LH to check their mileage accrual rules and I had to explain again that A3 rules are what we need to follow.

They now seem to have dedicated people for A3 calls so hopefully they will improve. Rosalee tells me she has been to Athens more than once for training on handling reservations and flight issues. But she does not have access to frequent flyer account information.

Last edited by realgoose; Dec 19, 2013 at 11:57 am Reason: Added information
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:05 am

This might be a good idea if you have trouble finding the numbers but knew they were on the site:

http://tinyurl.com/mrzhru7
Yes it worked for me too, but otherwise one has to be somewhat lucky to find there are local numbers for Aegean. The Greek numbers are scattered on multiple pages. Plus the statement about 24 hour reservations does not explain that it only applies to (presumably) one phone number.

Last edited by realgoose; Dec 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm Reason: confusing grammer
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe someone with this new knowledge should PM the author of FAQ#1, as that thread says "There is no number in the US"?
Having up-to-date FAQs will make life easier.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Better yet, since it seems to be a public/published number, why not post it here and have someone incorporate it into the appropriate sticky?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mspeconomist
better yet, since it seems to be a public/published number, why not post it here and have someone incorporate it into the appropriate sticky?
1-855-323-4326
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody

Update (?) Seems like the toll free number only works after 10am EST. Before 10, it will ring, got picked up, dead air then disconnected.

And do not press "0" or you will hear "Sorry you having problem, good bye" then disconnect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.