Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 Minimum Miles Rules on United Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Correct - but my point is that it's possible to book Z on AC metal which definitely (at least currently) earns at 200% for much the same money as UA & LH's P fares.
Correct. AC Z fares are priced the same as UA/LH's P transatlantic fares. The only difference is taxes.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:51 am

I just booked a 110 miles long, domestic, return flight with UA that is operated by Skywest. The flight numbers are contained in the list posted by PVDtoDEL, so I'll earn a total of 1000 miles. The interesting thing is that my reservation, before including my M&B number, said: "MileagePlus Members: Upon completion of this itinerary, you will earn up to 220 award miles." It is nice to see that as an A3 frequent flyer you earn more than as a United one.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
I just booked a 110 miles long, domestic, return flight with UA that is operated by Skywest. The flight numbers are contained in the list posted by PVDtoDEL, so I'll earn a total of 1000 miles. The interesting thing is that my reservation, before including my M&B number, said: "MileagePlus Members: Upon completion of this itinerary, you will earn up to 220 award miles." It is nice to see that as an A3 frequent flyer you earn more than as a United one.
United *G/*S earn 1,000 too as per the 500 minimum. But I'd probably rather be A3*A than UA*A in that case.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen
United *G/*S earn 1,000 too as per the 500 minimum. But I'd probably rather be A3*A than UA*A in that case.
Got my miles for the "Skywest" flights, also used the lounge at LAX without even getting a single question asked, but have yet to get credit for the domestic A3 flights to/from ATH connecting to my TATL flights. But as I "know" the reason, I don't really care, I'll submit a request on-line when the 14 days are through.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:53 am

These rules seems very basic and important. thanks for sharing
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Dragging this up from the dead, but I searched the forum for posts including "united + minimum" and didn't see it anywhere else.

Aegean is no longer offering ANY minimum miles on UA flights after March 1, 2015. There are still modest minimums on AC though.

Previously I had been booking even domestic Canadian flights through UA for the minimum 500 vs the minimum 125 with AC. Not anymore!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Botts
Previously I had been booking even domestic Canadian flights through UA for the minimum 500 vs the minimum 125 with AC. Not anymore!
How did you do this? Aren't UA not allowed to operate domestic Canadian flights due to cabotage regulations?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flyer05
How did you do this? Aren't UA not allowed to operate domestic Canadian flights due to cabotage regulations?
Codeshares. They are operated by AC. But I'm guessing A3 sees them as United flights and not AC.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by BThumme
Codeshares. They are operated by AC. But I'm guessing A3 sees them as United flights and not AC.
No. The miles would always be awarded depending on the operating carrier, regardless of codeshare.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
No. The miles would always be awarded depending on the operating carrier, regardless of codeshare.
Right, but (this is previously before the change)

-AC had a different set of minimums - say 125 miles for intra-canada flights
-UA did not. So UA flight xxxx that is really AC yyyy was subject to the 500 minimum rule (regardless of how the fare mapped to UA), not AC's 125.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
Originally Posted by BThumme
Right, but (this is previously before the change)

-AC had a different set of minimums - say 125 miles for intra-canada flights
-UA did not. So UA flight xxxx that is really AC yyyy was subject to the 500 minimum rule (regardless of how the fare mapped to UA), not AC's 125.
Not true. I've had codeshares on AC that were purchased through UA and ticketed as UAxxxx, and they earn according to AC's earnings chart. (In my case, my flights were flown on AC metal ticketed as a UA P fare -which earn 0- but correctly earned 200% for AC business - posted as Z).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.