Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Aegean Gold Status Match

Hi

Does Aegean Airlines provide a status match? I know they have done so in the past. I am Virgin Australia Plat & Singapore Air Gold.

Also if they do give a status match; (gold) will they also match my miles? say i have 50k miles in singapore wil they also give that in aegean or it's only status? stupid q i know but some how my friend got a status match w miles about 7month ago but i think that was an error,
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:33 am

As far as I know, so far they've only status matched Spanair (and Bmi?).
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:46 pm

Status match within an alliance only happens if one of teh airline is leaving (e.g BMI). There will never be a match Singapore to A3 as longa s botha irlines are *A. Within an alliance the gold benefits are similar, the benefit of a match wouldn't be as significant as if you received gold in another alliance.

Miles are never matched.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: A3*, A-Club PLT, AA PLT, Hilton PLT, Avis PLT, AR PLT
You can do status match to Air Berlin From gold on A3 to Silver on AB.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by LXboy
alliance.

Miles are never matched.
KL had a match your miles status match a while back - but these are few and far between.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:42 am

Sorry pals, the original thread asked: Does Aegean Airlines provide a status match? Why would one give info on AB etc.?
Old May 6, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: Far too many
I have requested one from Virgin America Elevate Gold. Will report back.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Honestly, the status is SO easy to reach, so with all due respect I don't find it very appropriate to ask for a match. There are tons of promotions on cheap Business fares, hence a single trip will be enough to reach Gold.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
Honestly, the status is SO easy to reach, so with all due respect I don't find it very appropriate to ask for a match. There are tons of promotions on cheap Business fares, hence a single trip will be enough to reach Gold.
I appreciate your point, and your effort to treat Aegean fairly.

From my perspective, it would be helpful to have lounge access to have a quiet place to rest and work.

I try to minimize air travel so as to preserve our planet. So I have never made a milage run.
Old May 9, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travel light
I appreciate your point, and your effort to treat Aegean fairly.

From my perspective, it would be helpful to have lounge access to have a quiet place to rest and work.

I try to minimize air travel so as to preserve our planet. So I have never made a milage run.
Given the fact that it only takes a single long haul Business Class trip to get Gold, one would hardly call that a mileage run. In fact you can simply plan it as a business trip, and get the shiny card as a nice bonus. The lounge perks come with the ticket anyway, so no need to spend endless hours wandering the concourse.

Getting a match to Aegean seems pretty unfair to me, since you'll practically never have to renew the card again.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
Given the fact that it only takes a single long haul Business Class trip to get Gold, one would hardly call that a mileage run. In fact you can simply plan it as a business trip, and get the shiny card as a nice bonus. The lounge perks come with the ticket anyway, so no need to spend endless hours wandering the concourse.

Getting a match to Aegean seems pretty unfair to me, since you'll practically never have to renew the card again.
Aegean agrees with you. Here's what they say:

...we do not offer a status match campaign currently. However, we would like to assure you that Aegean's Loyalty Program does not have demanding tiers, as on 4.000 tier miles you become a Blue member/ Silver Star Alliance and on 20.000 tier miles (4.000 plus 16.000) you achieve Gold status/ Gold Star Alliance.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Does anyone know of a current status match offer from Aegean airlines?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by fredsxb
Does anyone know of a current status match offer from Aegean airlines?
Can you be clearer if you mean receiving gold from A3 because you have a different gold already, or you have A3 gold and want to get another gold?
If you want to try and receive A3 gold, the only option is if you have Cyprus Airways gold - just look for the offer on A3 website.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Can you be clearer if you mean receiving gold from A3 because you have a different gold already, or you have A3 gold and want to get another gold?
If you want to try and receive A3 gold, the only option is if you have Cyprus Airways gold - just look for the offer on A3 website.
I was looking for a status match from Flying Blue Platinum, CX Diamond or EK Gold...
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by fredsxb
I was looking for a status match from Flying Blue Platinum, CX Diamond or EK Gold...
There is no public offer for that AFAIK. You could ask, of course, and let us know. :-) I think it is rather unlikely, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.