Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Are certain *A airlines not recognising Aegean gold?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are certain *A airlines not recognising Aegean gold?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
I think it is reasonable doubt that other airline staff may "look down" to A3 Gold. However I would like to give a "data entry" here.

I flew LH recently for long haul journey as A3 Gold. Relevant published *A gold priviledges were honoured (lounge access with one guest, priority boarding, priority baggage etc). The outgoing flight was even upgraded from economy to business class, although I cannot say how much relevant that was to do with A3 gold.

If I were to have taken the returning LH flight one day later, it would be unlucky for me because then I would be stranded in FRA due to cancelled flight caused by pilot strike. Therefore I could not say much about how useful the A3 gold could bring me through such inconveniences. If there is anyone with such experience to share, it would be nice.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by johnirvine
There is no doubt that certain airlines and many airline staff look down on the A3*G card. Can you blame them? For years, it has been recognised as the essential credential of freeloaders worldwide who expect to be treated like royalty while having the spending profile of a pauper. A3*G cardholders have long been rumbled and certain discriminations applied by canny staff at other *G airlines.

I talked recently to a senior LH staff member at a Senator lounge and she informed me that they know well the status heirarchy of other airlines and discriminate, for example, between the black TK E+ card (which looks like the LH Hon Circle card) and the standard gold TK*G card. There are all sorts of ways that this can be done aside from allocation of upgrades.

As a fairly recent holder of a A3*G card, I am already accustomed to being welcomed like an Ebola patient into LH and other lounges. So much so that I now only use my E+ TK*G card when flying airlines other than A3.

Hopefully, matters will change with the new M+B programme (which an Aegean staff member informed me is expected to reduce A3*G cardholders by 50% over the next year). But the qualification thresholds are still pitifully low in Aegean and the A3*G card is likely to remain low status in the *A arena.
Who cares. As long as you can get your benefits, I would give two hoots what a lounge employee thinks of me.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Who cares. As long as you can get your benefits, I would give two hoots what a lounge employee thinks of me.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.