Wiki Posts
Search

Registration bonus currently 2000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Thumbs up Registration bonus currently 2000 miles

Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but I believe not Looks like A3 has upped their signup bonus from 1000 to 2000 miles! For those who have yet to sign up, now could be a good time to do so ^

I'm not sure if all 2000 are tier miles and also not sure how long they'll keep it at 2000, I couldn't find any info on the site.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
2000 tier miles and award miles, valid one year from enrollment.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
2000 tier miles and award miles, valid one year from enrollment.
Can I get a retro credit for that?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can I get a retro credit for that?
I'd like to know, too. Extra 1000 would get me over 20000 and get me the infinite *G before having to pay for another UA/US flight.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:05 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Just saw this elsewhere and decided it was as good a time as any to start making the move. Points posted instantly!

Now I guess I need to find a way to make sure my upcoming trip all gets booked into something A3-earning instead of AP. But some creative routings should fix that right up. Might be able to hit Blue in one go now.

Funny enough that I was just talking about this yesterday with a coworker who's new to the game and I was torn between sending him here or over to TK.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
It sure is 2k, registered my +1
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I've just submitted a retro-claim for my brother who opened his account weeks ago, we'll see what happens
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by gojko88
I've just submitted a retro-claim for my brother who opened his account weeks ago, we'll see what happens
Gojko, please let us know how it goes.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Most definitely, it shouldn't take them too long hopefully.

On the other hand, the promo lasts until the end of the year, so no rush.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Well, I just signed up as I make at least 2 LHR-LCA trips per year, normally on BA.

I have heard good things about Aegean so might give them a go next time if the price is right!

2,000 miles is certainly a good start, it's a shame there are no real earning opportunities for UK members, however I do like the Amathus, it's an excellent hotel, though I don't think we will spend enough there to earn a free flight for a while! Normally I stay at Le Meridien and earn SPG points (and get an upgrade too ).

If there was a Visa card for the UK or an eStore it would be nice.

Will be interesting to see if they send out any special offers now I'm part of the club

Just thinking about the name of the program, it does sound a bit funny if you say it in a Greek accent, Bonous in Greek means Pains, so now I'm a member of Miles&Pains

Last edited by PanGalactic; Oct 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:49 pm

This appears to be a good sign. I don't think they'd be trying to sign more frequent flyers - and making it easier for them to get status - if the FF program wasn't a money-maker for them.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
2,000 miles is certainly a good start, it's a shame there are no real earning opportunities for UK members, however I do like the Amathus, it's an excellent hotel, though I don't think we will spend enough there to earn a free flight for a while! Normally I stay at Le Meridien and earn SPG points (and get an upgrade too ).
For times when you aren't staying at a Le Meridien: the A3 programme is affiliated with Booking.com. To earn points, you need to book through the A3 website (same prices, same everything) and the rate is 2 points per 1 Euro spent. Meaning you can earn on virtually any hotel - I recently earned A3 points from staying at a little guesthouse in Lithuania ^
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
...Just thinking about the name of the program, it does sound a bit funny if you say it in a Greek accent, Bonous in Greek means Pains, so now I'm a member of Miles&Pains
Sorry, pains is Πόνους, not Μπόνους (Ponus and not Bonus). No confusion there for any Greek!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
For times when you aren't staying at a Le Meridien: the A3 programme is affiliated with Booking.com. To earn points, you need to book through the A3 website (same prices, same everything) and the rate is 2 points per 1 Euro spent. Meaning you can earn on virtually any hotel - I recently earned A3 points from staying at a little guesthouse in Lithuania ^
Can't you book Le Meridien through Booking.com? By the way, I've been using A3's hotel booking site routinely. Points always got credited to my account within a day or two after checking out of the hotel!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry, pains is Πόνους, not Μπόνους (Ponus and not Bonus). No confusion there for any Greek!
OK, I should have said Greek Cypriot, we goat farmers don't pronounce the M

I still think it sounds funny

Booking the Amathus via booking.com seems like a good double dip.

I doubt I will use it for much more as I prefer to take advantage of SPG and Hilton Gold benefits which come as freebies with my Amex card.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Oct 4, 2012 at 5:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.