The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by pinniped
I know UA has shuffled their fare buckets in the past year or two, but isn't A still a first-class fare, just below a full F? Unless something has changed, this would post to A3 at 300%

That said, when I've searched for A's on United, the site has returned Q-UP and similar fares. Other posters have indicated that they still sell real A's...probably just not the markets I fly.

The two "problem buckets" I'm aware of with United are P and N.
Thanks for the reply. I compared the A class to AC's fare class but couldn't find a comparison. It is a codeshare operated by AC. I'll take a chance and see what happens. Cheers!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by helraiser
Thanks for the reply. I compared the A class to AC's fare class but couldn't find a comparison. It is a codeshare operated by AC. I'll take a chance and see what happens. Cheers!
If the flight is a codeshare, then earning will be based on the operating carrier's earning charts (unless I am mistaken, but I think that is how *A works). i.e. Just b/c UA callls it A class doesn't mean it will map to A on AC. You can get your AC PNR from UA and plug that in on the AC website and it should show you the fare class that AC considers you to be flying in.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: A3, AC
Hi, I've got a large Asia trip coming up in about a week(YYC-YVR-NRT-SIN-NRT-YYC) and I'm wondering what FFP I should credit it to? I'm not a frequent flier(although I hope that's going to change), and I have memberships with A3 and AC. I'm thinking that I should credit this trip towards A3 M&B where I should get *S(including 1k welcome bonus + 1 previous flight segment) instead of AC where *S requires 25k miles. Opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by cyralax
Hi, I've got a large Asia trip coming up in about a week(YYC-YVR-NRT-SIN-NRT-YYC) and I'm wondering what FFP I should credit it to? I'm not a frequent flier(although I hope that's going to change), and I have memberships with A3 and AC. I'm thinking that I should credit this trip towards A3 M&B where I should get *S(including 1k welcome bonus + 1 previous flight segment) instead of AC where *S requires 25k miles. Opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!
What is the booking class?
A3*S is worthless but any status is worthless if you don't fly.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: A3, AC
Originally Posted by Houminer
What is the booking class?
A3*S is worthless but any status is worthless if you don't fly.
Just thinking long term, doesn't really make sense to get *S with AC when I could potentially have *G with A3.
Booking class(es) is/are V,L,K,K,T through AC. First segment is 100% accumulation while the remaining segments are at 50%.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
If you'll will get to gold in 12 months then go for it
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Do A3 gold members get access to US Airways lounges for domestic flights on American Airlines? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by bensim
Do A3 gold members get access to US Airways lounges for domestic flights on American Airlines? Thanks.
No, Star Alliance benefits do not apply when flying on non-*A carriers such as US and AA.
Old May 3, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by st1575
No, Star Alliance benefits do not apply when flying on non-*A carriers such as US and AA.
Thanks. How about if we travel on US Airways? Do we get access to US Airways lounges if we are A3 gold?
Old May 3, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by bensim
Thanks. How about if we travel on US Airways? Do we get access to US Airways lounges if we are A3 gold?
Naturally not.
Old May 5, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: A3*S, QR Burgundy, AS, SK, LH
Hi everyone! Sorry my question my seem a little silly but as I'm not very comfortable with using my miles, I thought I'd ask here for advice.

I'll be flying from MEL to NRT through SIN on SQ during June, and I just saw on Aegean's upgrade award chart that both SIN and NRT are in their "Far east" zone and that upgrading from Y to C would cost me 15'000 miles, I was wondering what to concretly do to book this upgrade, and if there were any surcharges that were to be added? Do I have to call them while in MEL to request the upgrade? I won't have the 15'000 miles in my account before about 1 week before the actual flight. (Edit : My booking class is H if that helps)

Thank you!

Last edited by LX22; May 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Old May 6, 2014, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by LX22
Hi everyone! Sorry my question my seem a little silly but as I'm not very comfortable with using my miles, I thought I'd ask here for advice.

I'll be flying from MEL to NRT through SIN on SQ during June, and I just saw on Aegean's upgrade award chart that both SIN and NRT are in their "Far east" zone and that upgrading from Y to C would cost me 15'000 miles, I was wondering what to concretly do to book this upgrade, and if there were any surcharges that were to be added? Do I have to call them while in MEL to request the upgrade? I won't have the 15'000 miles in my account before about 1 week before the actual flight. (Edit : My booking class is H if that helps)

Thank you!
I couldnt find you the link but I think star alliance upgrade awards are only possible from flexible economy classes Y,B

And in general upgrade awards are not the best use of miles.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: A3*S, QR Burgundy, AS, SK, LH
That is what I thought as well, I could find the info concerning upgrade on A3 metal but not on *A partners. I guess my best bet would be to call them directly! I think it is great value though, 15'000 miles for a 8h flight in C with SQ sounds pretty neat to me! (Not saying this about all of the award chart though).
Old May 6, 2014, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by LX22
I think it is great value though
Yes it would, but if you factor in the flexible economy cost, than not so much. Only for pax on negotiated Y fares I guess.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:22 am

from the star alliance upgrade award link in your account:

These airlines are not eligible for upgrades-
Lufthansa
Singapore airlines
South african airways
LOT
Austrian airlines
TAM
Copa

---------

The rest are
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...ms-conditions/
About a quarter of a way down the page is the table

Last edited by sliiide; May 6, 2014 at 9:29 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.