Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?

Old Nov 20, 2016, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-airlines/#SAS

seems to be 100% of miles flown, so also around 9k
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
As of now 100% is right, however we should unfortunately expect that A3 at some point will lower the earnings on sk. As of now the earnings when flying SK is bigger when crediting to A3 than when crediting to eurobonus even if you are top tier at SK. This will most likely change at some point.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by howarsan
Hi all,

I'm new to Aegean Miles & Bonus, and trying to build up status with them. Having read all the advice so far, I booked a r/t flight with SAS Airlines from ARN-HKG in late Jan. It's in O class and would have earned 9000 Eurobonus miles.

Question is, how much would this earn in Miles & Bonus as I've credited it to Aegean? Any ideas?

If anyone has any advice how to survive a SAS Y longhaul flight, do let me know!

Thanks,

howarsan
It will earn 100% of the distance which, according to Great Circle Mapper is just over 10,200 miles. You will probably earn just a little less than that.

As for surviving in Y class with SAS - if you are really kee on staus earning and have the cash you can get reasonably priced upgrades to Y+ on longhaul which SHOULD earn 200% miles if I am not mistaken (I did read somewhere that there can be problems with this so do search first).
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: A3
Lufthansa Business Class - P

Hey Guys,

To my big surprise, Lufthansa P class (Business Class) is not in accrual for Aegean Airlines. Has anybody ever had experience with this booking class, and can provide a logical explanation why this class is not in their accrual scheme?

I understand heavily discounted economy classes should not be accounted for, but surel Business Class should at least give 100% of the miles flown? Any thoughts?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
LH (& UA, where you'll find a similar story) do not pay A3 anything for P class fare purchases. This is a discounted business fare on which LH do not consider they make enough money to able to do so. The unfairness and downright deception here is obvious to most, but it's nothing to do with A3, it's entirely down to LH.

If A3 don't get paid, nor do you ...!

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 31, 2017 at 1:22 am Reason: Strikeout error on UA earnings
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
LH (& UA, where you'll find a similar story) do not pay A3 anything for P class fare purchases. This is a discounted business fare on which LH do not consider they make enough money to able to do so. The unfairness and downright deception here is obvious to most, but it's nothing to do with A3, it's entirely down to LH.

That makes sense to me, thank you. I'll try to up the class then. Nothing to blame A3 for indeed. And sorry for making a seperate subject for this post.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by goa3sane
To my big surprise, Lufthansa P class (Business Class) is not in accrual for Aegean Airlines. Has anybody ever had experience with this booking class, and can provide a logical explanation why this class is not in their accrual scheme?
Lufthansa P class is a deep-discount business class fare. Fares in P class are often only slightly more expensive than Economy at that same point in time - eg an upgrade within Europe is often only 60 euro to go from the cheapest Economy to business P-class for multiple segments.

For the future I can recommend flying Austrian or Swiss if you have to fly in P rather than Z - both do earn (a little) with Miles+Bonus.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

UA P class (as well as all their Business Class fares) earn 100% on A3. IIRC, that wasn't the case a few years ago.

As for LH P class, it earns on other programs (UA comes to mind). So, is it LH's fault that their P fares don't earn on A3, or is it A3's fault for not allowing it to be credited?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:21 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tennen
UA P class (as well as all their Business Class fares) earn 100% on A3. IIRC, that wasn't the case a few years ago.

As for LH P class, it earns on other programs (UA comes to mind). So, is it LH's fault that their P fares don't earn on A3, or is it A3's fault for not allowing it to be credited?
You're right, and my apologies for misleading everyone. Apparently it's been like this since March 2015, which shows how long it is since I've flown long haul with UA and needed to pay attention. With a considerable amount of humble pie, I've edited my first post.

UA & LH co-operate extensively on TATL routes, and I imagine have a JV in place. I would think AC are also part of that. When the co-operation is that close, cross FFP earning is also likely to align. As A3 is not part of that agreement, it will have less influence. There is no doubt in my mind that LH are paying A3 little or nothing for their discounted fares.

It's no secret in the airline industry that the most profitable cabin is Economy Plus, where the airlines have the best balance of income/seat density/service costs which is why you're more likely to see the discounted fares in those cabins earn compared to Y & J.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
P class IME is a LH anomaly and you have to watch very carefully what you are booking as sometimes even the higher flexible business fares can book in to P class. M&M members refer to it as punishment class - even they get hugely reduced mileage but they at least get something. My solution to it has been to avoid LH, loyalty cuts both ways.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3*G
Guys, I have an upcoming LHR to PVG via IST on B class and return PVG to ATH via IST on S class, all with Turkish. I got the miles from the TK website and applied the factors (100% and 70%) as on the A3 website to a total of 12334 miles.

Just wondering if my calculations are correct?

Last edited by MrArkadin; Apr 3, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Guys, I have an upcoming LHR to PNG via IST on B class and return PNG to ATH via IST on S class, all with Turkish. I got the miles from the TK website and applied the factors (100% and 70%) as on the A3 website to a total of 12334 miles.

PNG = Paranagu, PR, Brazil

TK does not fly to PNG...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
TK does not fly to PNG...
PVG, sorry!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Guys, I have an upcoming LHR to PVG via IST on B class and return PVG to ATH via IST on S class, all with Turkish. I got the miles from the TK website and applied the factors (100% and 70%) as on the A3 website to a total of 12334 miles.

Code:
LHR 	IST 	106	(E.) 	107	(E.) 	1,565 mi -> x100% => 1,565mi
IST 	PVG 	064	(NE) 	058	(NE) 	5,000 mi -> x100% => 5,000mi
PVG 	IST 	308	(NW) 	314	(NW) 	5,000 mi -> x 70% => 3'500mi
IST 	ATH 	233	(SW) 	227	(SW) 	..334 mi -> x 70% => 250mi

Total: 10'315mi

Source: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=lhr-ist-pvg;+pvg-ist-ath
Code:
LON TK IST TK SHA /03APR17

CTY   GI   TPM    CUM    MPM  EMS   DED  LAST  NEXT   25M

LON 2
 1. IST 2 EH  1557   1557   1868   0M     0     0   311  2335
 2. SHA 3 EH  4968   6525   8167   0M     0     0  1642 10208

SHA TK IST TK ATH /03APR17

CTY   GI   TPM    CUM    MPM  EMS   DED  LAST  NEXT   25M

SHA 3
 1. IST 2 EH  4968   4968   6784   0M     0     0  1816  8480
 2. ATH 2 EH   343   5311   6373   0M     0     0  1062  7966

Total: 10'252mi

Source: http://www.expertflyer.com
You see, your mileage accrual may vary... Second method (using TPM) is more accruate as airlines use this systems to calculate.

Edit: The difference is to explain as following: B-cl will get 125% of miles with TK M&S and if you took this amount you got the wrong amount of miles...

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Apr 3, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:38 am

Thai - updated earning chart

I am not sure whether it was mentioned, but earning for Thai has changed for booking classes T, K, S (decrease) and Z (increase).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.