Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Sign in using an external account

Old May 27, 12, 5:59 am   #1

Programs: HH Gold, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle, CC Silver, PC Platinum, BA Bronze
A3 Cash Upgrades?

Has anyone ever seen or heard of any cash upgrade offers by Agean? Whether during OLCI or at the airport? If so does anyone have any rough prices for Y to J, particularly on the LHR-LCA routes?
adsgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 7:53 am   #2

My guess is that upgrades are possible at the airport. as for the prices, it is extremely easy to see the real prices (and not the rough estimate): just do a mock booking for the days that you are interested in.
KLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 7:57 am   #3

Programs: HH Gold, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle, CC Silver, PC Platinum, BA Bronze
Thanks for the reply, but I was referring to upgrade offers (like what BA offer for LGW flights from ET to CE)
adsgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 12, 11:20 pm   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsgofast View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I was referring to upgrade offers (like what BA offer for LGW flights from ET to CE)
Then the answer is a simple No. I've never seen an upgrade offer from A3 since they started flying in 1999, neither for cash, nor as an "operational" one, with one exception: everybody (or was it only M&B gold members?) who was stranded because of the Icelandic volcano eruption two years ago (I got to spend an extra day with my son in BCN ) was upgraded to business class on his/her next A3 flight.

Last edited by KLouis; May 27, 12 at 11:25 pm.
Old May 29, 12, 5:00 am   #5
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Then the answer is a simple No. I've never seen an upgrade offer from A3 since they started flying in 1999, neither for cash, nor as an "operational" one, with one exception: everybody (or was it only M&B gold members?) who was stranded because of the Icelandic volcano eruption two years ago (I got to spend an extra day with my son in BCN ) was upgraded to business class on his/her next A3 flight.
That was amazingly generous, especially given that the volcano certainly wasn't A3's fault.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 12, 6:33 am   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That was amazingly generous, especially given that the volcano certainly wasn't A3's fault.
Yes indeed! They had even put an extra flight to get us home after the skies were clear. Even called me at midnight on my mobile to let me know! My upgrade, on the other hand, was sort of funny: My next booking was HER-ATH-AXD and back and they only upgraded the HER-ATH-HER legs (both of them!). Mind you, who cares: all of those were 35 min. flights.
Old Jun 23, 14, 4:05 am   #7

Programs: BA Silver, Aegean *A Gold
Cash upgrades

Hi

Ive got Gold status and hoping to get my other half there as well.

Just signed up so got the 1000 bonus so needs 19000 more miles. With the trips to Greece this year, having a look at booking classes I think it will total 10700 plus the 1k leaves a 8300 gap.

Does anyone have any experience with cash upgrades over the phone, during online checkin or at the airport with Aegean?
All the tickets are the flex fare if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Nick
Paros_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 14, 4:25 am   #8

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold
Every paid A3 fare can be upgraded according fare rules. The difference between fare paid and C-cl fare will be charged. No flat fee at the airport.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1350327-a3-cash-upgrades.html

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Jun 23, 14 at 4:32 am.
Air Rarotonga is offline   Reply With Quote