Wiki Posts
Search

London route - musical chairs

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
London route - musical chairs

There seems to be constant fluctuations to the London schedule. And the lack of consistency cannot be good for business can it? For W12 it looks like they're giving up 14 slot pairs at LHR and flights to LCA as well as some to ATH are moving to LGW. Shall we assume from that, that the routes aren't performing that well or that A3 is desperate for the cash the slots can generate for them?

LON-ATH
S'10 2x daily
S'11 4x daily (was this after 'inheriting' the OA slots?)
W'11 24x weekly
S'12 4x daily
W'12 17x weekly plus 4x weekly LGW-ATH

LON-LCA
S'11 1x daily (morning departure from LCA)
W'11 8x weekly (mostly evening departure from LCA)
S'12 1x daily (morning departure from LCA)
W'12 1x daily (route moves to LGW and timing moves to middle of the day)
Old May 26, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I have flown LHR-LCA about six times in the past year from May to Oct (summer season) and loads were never great. Don't know about ATH but would assume it should be poor off season.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LonLH
I have flown LHR-LCA about six times in the past year from May to Oct (summer season) and loads were never great. Don't know about ATH but would assume it should be poor off season.
It's also a leisure route, so one wouldn't expect many people traveling in business class or buying tickets close to the day of departure. The tickets that are sold are likely to be at cheap fares.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Some of the slots A3 use at LHR were leased from bmi. I guess they haven't been able to do a deal to keep them with BA or get them from another carrier.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Some of the slots A3 use at LHR were leased from bmi. I guess they haven't been able to do a deal to keep them with BA or get them from another carrier.
Aha! I didn't know this. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a key reason.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:05 am

I'm booked for A3 601. I'm in LHR for transit. Don't think going to LGW would work too well for me. :/

Hope this flight stays in LHR!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:52 pm

some new changes.....
http://airlineroute.net/2012/08/08/a3-lon-w12/

Athens – London Gatwick Service operates daily instead of planned 4 weekly
Athens – London Heathrow Only 11 weekly flights in W12 (24 in W11)
Larnaca – London Heathrow 6 weekly. Planned shift to Larnaca - Gatwick is cancelled
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Could anyone tell me what lounge they use at Lgw as I'll do my first a3 trip from there (it was the rims that works for me...) thanks!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold | OZ Gold | BD RIP // BA Silver | QR Silver // AF Ivory | KE Skypass
LGW Lounges?

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could anyone tell me what lounge they use at Lgw as I'll do my first a3 trip from there (it was the rims that works for me...) thanks!!
I know this is from almost 2 years ago, but does anybody know whether A3 offers a lounge to A3*G pax at LGW, and if so, which one? I'm considering flying LON-ATH next year, and LGW is quite a bit cheaper.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by jbwe350
I know this is from almost 2 years ago, but does anybody know whether A3 offers a lounge to A3*G pax at LGW, and if so, which one? I'm considering flying LON-ATH next year, and LGW is quite a bit cheaper.
Presently A3 only flies to/from LHR.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by jbwe350
As its the South Terminal I would expect it to be either the Aspire or No.1 . My instinct would go with No.1.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:51 pm

Don't know if it's relevant but at EDI it was the Aspire Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.