Wiki Posts
Search

Athens lounge opening hours

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Athens lounge opening hours

Having a hard time finding this information. Will be flying CDG to Thira with a stop in Athens from around 2am to 5am. Want to see if I'll be able to take a nap in the lounge. Thanks!
Old May 18, 2012, 3:02 am

I'm afraid you won't! The A3 lounge opens at around 5 am (in the summer) for the series of early flights (milkman flights= γαλατάδικα in Greek).
Old May 18, 2012, 9:19 am

Lufthansa.com info

According to Lufthansa's website, the Aegean Airlines Lounge (partner lounge)hours is 4:00am to 11:00pm, and the Lufthansa Business Lounge hours is 4:30am to 8:00pm.

I guess not much time for me to use either lounge for the 5:30am flight to Santorini

Does anyone know what time does the Aegean ticketing counter open ? I also need to check in luggage.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
The Aegean lounge is indeed supposed to open at 4am, according to A3 website. Where to find the information? Not on the lounge page of the website (it doesn't feature that, but have a video of the lounges instead) but through the mobile version, which has a lounge finder page (which feature the whole three Aegean lounges and LH lounges at airports in the A3 network).
Old May 18, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by ailiton
Having a hard time finding this information. Will be flying CDG to Thira with a stop in Athens from around 2am to 5am. Want to see if I'll be able to take a nap in the lounge. Thanks!
You could pre book the OA lounge for around €25 or if you have Priority Pass they use the OA lounges. Just an idea. I've slept in them before and very comfortable and quiet. They are 24/7 .
Old May 19, 2012, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
You could pre book the OA lounge for around €25 or if you have Priority Pass they use the OA lounges. Just an idea. I've slept in them before and very comfortable and quiet. They are 24/7 .
^ Didn't know that, thanks for the tip. I can now take the late flight from London again (after the Olympics, that is ).
Old May 20, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), BA Gold (OWE)
Not exactly about opening hours, but instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd post here.

I am flying from Budapest to Athens and then onwards to Moscow all on Aegean. My flight from BUD arrives at 20:30 in presumably the Schengen side, and my flight to DME leaves at 23:30 from the non-Schengen side. I'm A3*G though travelling economy, so can I access the A3 lounge in Terminal B after arrival by presenting my onward ticket and then after a few hours in the lounge there go over to Terminal A for my flight to DME? I also read somewhere that I'll have access to the Olympic lounge in Terminal A because A3 doesn't have a lounge for it's non-Schengen passengers, so if that is the case, I wouldn't mind spreading my time between the two!
Old May 20, 2012, 7:07 pm

Access to OA lounge

Originally Posted by RudderDucky
Not exactly about opening hours, but instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd post here.

I am flying from Budapest to Athens and then onwards to Moscow all on Aegean. My flight from BUD arrives at 20:30 in presumably the Schengen side, and my flight to DME leaves at 23:30 from the non-Schengen side. I'm A3*G though travelling economy, so can I access the A3 lounge in Terminal B after arrival by presenting my onward ticket and then after a few hours in the lounge there go over to Terminal A for my flight to DME? I also read somewhere that I'll have access to the Olympic lounge in Terminal A because A3 doesn't have a lounge for it's non-Schengen passengers, so if that is the case, I wouldn't mind spreading my time between the two!
I am curious too. According to

http://en.aegeanair.com/travel-infor...-club-lounges/

*Business class passengers traveling to other Schengen countries and who have used the web check-in or Self check-in service, have the ability to use the Olympic Air "Aristotle Onassis" Lounge at Athens International Airport (Area A - outside Schengen).

But why would this only apply to web check-in or self check-in ? If I use the regular check-in counter, then I won't have access ? Also, this is in the Area A, but it says for traveling to other Schengen countries. Thought the Schengen countries flights leave from Terminal B.
Old May 20, 2012, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Also, I thought the Olympic lounge(s) at ATH were airside, although it's been a while since I last used them. I vaguely remember an airside lounge in the part of the airport that was used for domestic flights in Greece, so surely schengen, but I must have also used the lounge in the reverse direction, when I know I didn't go land side, just through some transit process.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:34 am

My guess is that the paragraph UAFlyer cites is a fossil that was incompletely edited some time ago. All lounges in ATH are post-BC check and pre-security and they're post-passport for extra-Schengen flights.

As for the A3 check-in counter, the airline has abolished check-in counters in most airports: self CI (home or machine) are the rule, even outside of Greece, perhaps with the exception of business class and A*G (counters are still there in ATH). This only partly answers the question of UAFlyer...

As for the choice between the A3 and the OA lounges, this is purely a matter of choice. I personally prefer the former, but there are many who disagree with me. Since you (RudderDucky) have three hours time, check for yourself. But don't forget to ask for a priority sticker at either the A3 lounge or the check-in counter (if you use it), although at that late time of departure, security check should be rather fast.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:46 pm

OA have a lounge in Schengen and extra schengen. You can only access each with a valid boarding pass for that section.

If you are flying A3 schengen you will only be allowed into the A3 one and not the OA schengen one. Due to A3 not having a lounge in extra schengen you can access the OA one.

I personally prefer the OA one as I hate the smoking room in the A3 one and I have been in there when the door was either left open by the cleaning staff or guests. Sorry I'm big into smoke free zones.Other than that I like the A3 one and it offers similar catering to the OA one.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Anyone thinking about trying to overnight in the airport should be aware that there is a very good but sometimes expensive hotel right at ATH, just across the roadway where departing passengers are dropped off. It's a French chain, IIRC Sofitel, and has a pleasant restaurant on the top level with big models of historic airplanes hanging from the ceiling. There's also a small indoor pool o the top floor. There's at least one more casual restaurant on the lobby level, IIRC a sort of beer garden theme with some outdoor tables but a big variety of more moderately priced food too. Many airline crew seem to stay here.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I am presently at a coffee shop near the ATH Aegean lounge. The current posted opening time is 0430 (so in two more minutes, in principle I should be able to go in).

This is their lounge across from gate B13. A little confused about it as from outside it looks like there are two entrances to two separate lounges, both of which accept *Gs but which have other bundles of logos on the two different doors.

Can't stay long. My 0530 departure is out of gate B19, which is quite far from gate B13 -- a two or three minute walk, then an escalator ride to an unknown area, which, how long will this take?

Edit to add: This is a really beautiful space with lovely interior decorations, pretty good food, a nice open bar (although it's a bit early for that), and a great view of the tarmac. A really nice flagship lounge product.

Edit to add: there are two adjacent lounges; both presently post opening hours of 0430. One is a LH business lounge, a bit small compared with the other option, but a nice little collection of breads and breakfast food (bougatsa! cheese from Lesbos! self-serve beer!). The other is an A3 business lounge, as described above, also really nice. Both allow access to *G card holders. The LH lounge agent additionally stamped my boarding pass "FAST LANE PASS", which was awfully kind of them? These two lounges are both accessible to me departing on an extremely domestic flight within the Schengen zone (LHR-JTR).

Last edited by mherdeg; May 25, 2012 at 7:59 pm
Old May 25, 2012, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg
...Can't stay long. My 0530 departure is out of gate B19, which is quite far from gate B13 -- a two or three minute walk, then an escalator ride to an unknown area, which, how long will this take?...
B19 is downstairs. It takes about 5 min. walking plus staircase or elevator (the escalator goes up!) to get there after passing the security post close to the A3 and the LH lounges. I always use this to go through security, as it usually has shorter lines than the larger control post close to the bars and duty frees (even if you do a little more walking, i.e. ~50 meters, if you have a gate with a number lower than B9).

Last edited by KLouis; May 27, 2012 at 3:43 am
Old May 27, 2012, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I am presently at a coffee shop near the ATH Aegean lounge. The current posted opening time is 0430 (so in two more minutes, in principle I should be able to go in).

This is their lounge across from gate B13. A little confused about it as from outside it looks like there are two entrances to two separate lounges, both of which accept *Gs but which have other bundles of logos on the two different doors.

Can't stay long. My 0530 departure is out of gate B19, which is quite far from gate B13 -- a two or three minute walk, then an escalator ride to an unknown area, which, how long will this take?

Edit to add: This is a really beautiful space with lovely interior decorations, pretty good food, a nice open bar (although it's a bit early for that), and a great view of the tarmac. A really nice flagship lounge product.

Edit to add: there are two adjacent lounges; both presently post opening hours of 0430. One is a LH business lounge, a bit small compared with the other option, but a nice little collection of breads and breakfast food (bougatsa! cheese from Lesbos! self-serve beer!). The other is an A3 business lounge, as described above, also really nice. Both allow access to *G card holders. The LH lounge agent additionally stamped my boarding pass "FAST LANE PASS", which was awfully kind of them? These two lounges are both accessible to me departing on an extremely domestic flight within the Schengen zone (LHR-JTR).
Certainly A3 have a nice lounge with decent food offerings and drinks. I personally dont like the LH lounge its very run down compared to what it used to be . They used to have a Senator section to the right and it was quite pleasant .

The top lounges are A3/OA ( both schengen and extra schengen ) and the Goldair lounge is lovely too in fact I like it better than the A3 one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.