Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Brief summary of posting times.

Airlines
  • Adria Airways: 5 days.
  • Aegean Airlines: 0 - 4 days (if upgrade voucher used, 0-17 days).
  • Air Canada: 2 - 5 days.
  • Air China: 3 - 9 days.
  • Air India: 1 day.
  • Air New Zealand: 2 - 4 days.
  • All Nippon Airways: 1- 7 days.
  • Asiana Airlines: 5 days.
  • Austrian Airlines: 1 - 9 working days
  • Avianca (Brazil): 1 - 10 days
  • Brussels Airlines: 8 days
  • Copa: 2-3 days
  • Croatia Airlines: 2 days
  • egyptair 7 days
  • Ethiopian: 1 - 5 days
  • EVA Airways: 2 - 6 days
  • LOT Polish Airlines: 1 - 2 days
  • Lufthansa: 1 - 8 days.
  • Scandinavian Airlines: 2 - 7 days (normally 2 - 3 from hubs, longer from outstations).
  • Shenzhen Airlines: 3 days
  • Singapore Airlines: 3 - 6 days.
  • South African: 2 - 4 days
  • Swiss International Air Lines: 1 - 6 days.
  • TAP: 2 days
  • Thai Airways: 2 - 4 days.
  • Turkish Airlines: 3 - 5 days.
  • United: 2 - 7 days

Hotels
  • booking.com: 5 - 7 days after hotel check-out

On-board duty free shopping on A3 flights
  • Around 3 weeks

Greek Airport Duty-Free shops
  • 2-3 days

Heathrow Rewards
  • Around 22 days

Car Rental
  • hertz 2 weeks
Print Wikipost

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
LH flight credited after 2 days.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
AI business class flights: DXB-BOM RT (14 days and 7 days ago).
No posting so far.
Looks like I must apply retroactively. This no posting is a first for my A3 account.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Had a AI Z class posted in 3 days. Another SQ Y Class posted in 3 days, an another SQ Y class in 2 days.

I have a pending AI D class which has taken 7 days and still counting, looks like a retroactive claim is needed.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I fly on a weekly basis with LH. Since last week my miles are not posting any more (since 9 days). I checked with my corporate travel agency and the M&B number is properly included in my bookings. Since last week I already had 6 flights and none of them posted (and they are all supposed to earn at 1000 miles each).

Does any one know why this happens? It would be very annoying if I had to fill out the form for mileage request on a regular basis.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum,
Miles not Posting

My miles have not posted after 22 days and doing retro credit. They use to post 3 days
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:54 pm

I've Problems with LH as well. I was flying on Friday 17th. The connecting flights with UA are in but not LH.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3*G
Still no miles from CA and LH. CA flight was 12 oct, LH - 13 oct.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: LH Senator, Amex Centurion, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, Delta Platinum,
Aegean Customer Service

I have contacted Aegean a half dozen times about miles not posting--they do not respond as well.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by vtanzi
I have contacted Aegean a half dozen times about miles not posting--they do not respond as well.
Have you used the retro-claim form on the Aegean website?

Contacting them in any other way, without first having made a claim using the form, is probably not going to help. Some retro-claims can take a while (I'm waiting 5 months now!) but until either you receive the miles, or receive the notification that the miles cannot be granted at the end of the investigation, any other queries are probably ignored while the investigation is ongoing.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:55 am

Yes I did

Yes after the required 2 weeks I did the first retro claim--still no posting of miles--waiting for a few more days to add the return trip retro claim.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Have you used the retro-claim form on the Aegean website?

Contacting them in any other way, without first having made a claim using the form, is probably not going to help. Some retro-claims can take a while (I'm waiting 5 months now!) but until either you receive the miles, or receive the notification that the miles cannot be granted at the end of the investigation, any other queries are probably ignored while the investigation is ongoing.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Delayed posting of miles ....

On Oct 2nd and 11th I flew AI in Business class DXB-BOM return. In my past flying experiences with *A, I expected the "AI earned miles" to be posted "quickly" to my M&B account. Miles earned in past flights with UA and TK were posted within a week to my M&B account.

Earlier this week I sent a request for posting the miles for my Oct 2nd flight but could not post the Oct 11th flight because the "M&B system" needed me to wait for 2 weeks (after the flight) before posting.

I Skyped A3 Customer Service this afternoon and got nothing except platitudes. The woman I spoke with said that after my request for posting earlier this week I would have to wait for THREE WEEKS for the miles from my Oct 2nd flight to be posted. The same would happen once I sent in my request for my Oct 11th miles. She had absolutely NO RECORD of my e-ticket, nor could she tell me how many miles my Bus class flights would give me.

There were more platitudes when I pointed out that I would be flying again in Nov (before the 24th when the new rules come into effect) and that with their current slow mode of action I would not get miles posted until sometime in January - and that would have a VERY NEGATIVE effect on my Christmas flights with AC. I was really hoping to have Gold status before leaving for Canada in late December!

No reply to that - and absolutely no reaction when I mentioned that flying with One World carriers results in BAEC miles and TPs being posted quickly.

She indicated there were "technical issues" with posting miles earned with AI, but the issues should be resolved soon.

Anyone else experience such delays with posting miles earned with AI in Business (or other elegible classes)? Any ideas as to the actual "technical issues" involved with posting miles earned with non-Aegeanair 'lines?

Sheeesh and
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Dear Mr/Mrs. Tmac100,

Thank you for your thread.

We are delighted that you chose to accrue the miles on your Air India business class flight to the Miles&Bonus frequent flyer programme. Please allow up to THREE WEEKS OR MORE for the miles to post to your account, and hopefully by that time we will HAVE A RECORD of your e-ticket. We apologize for any inconvenience and VERY NEGATIVE EFFECTS caused and we politely ask you to be patient. We will be more than happy to assist you in any further detail you may need, since we do know who you are. Thank you for you continued high value business with Aegean Airlines.

Wherever your next destination, we wish you a pleasant flight.

Sincerely,
kanor and the Aegean forum at Flyertalk
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Another data point:

Thai airways (TG), ICN-BKK and BKK-SIN, all in J, flights on 19th Oct.
Miles posted on 23rd Oct.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by tmac100
On Oct 2nd and 11th I flew AI in Business class DXB-BOM return. In my past flying experiences with *A, I expected the "AI earned miles" to be posted "quickly" to my M&B account. Miles earned in past flights with UA and TK were posted within a week to my M&B account.

Earlier this week I sent a request for posting the miles for my Oct 2nd flight but could not post the Oct 11th flight because the "M&B system" needed me to wait for 2 weeks (after the flight) before posting.

I Skyped A3 Customer Service this afternoon and got nothing except platitudes. The woman I spoke with said that after my request for posting earlier this week I would have to wait for THREE WEEKS for the miles from my Oct 2nd flight to be posted. The same would happen once I sent in my request for my Oct 11th miles. She had absolutely NO RECORD of my e-ticket, nor could she tell me how many miles my Bus class flights would give me.

There were more platitudes when I pointed out that I would be flying again in Nov (before the 24th when the new rules come into effect) and that with their current slow mode of action I would not get miles posted until sometime in January - and that would have a VERY NEGATIVE effect on my Christmas flights with AC. I was really hoping to have Gold status before leaving for Canada in late December!

No reply to that - and absolutely no reaction when I mentioned that flying with One World carriers results in BAEC miles and TPs being posted quickly.

She indicated there were "technical issues" with posting miles earned with AI, but the issues should be resolved soon.

Anyone else experience such delays with posting miles earned with AI in Business (or other elegible classes)? Any ideas as to the actual "technical issues" involved with posting miles earned with non-Aegeanair 'lines?

Sheeesh and
Ironically I too have a business class AI flight on the 11 Oct that has not been posted.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by razorblade
Ironically I too have a business class AI flight on the 11 Oct that has not been posted.
That's not ironic, that's Air India

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.