Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Hhmmuu....any thoughts?!?

Welcome to the new Miles+Bonus

Dear member,

We are happy to inform you that the new Miles+Bonus; the common loyalty program of Aegean and Olympic Air; is coming on the 24th of November to reward your trust, with even more benefits, additional services and new partnerships.

In the new Miles+Bonus, the common reward program of Aegean and Olympic Air:

We have designed an even fairer way of accruing and redeeming miles, since the final amount of miles corresponding to each flight will be the result of both the fare category and the actual miles flown (for international flights).
We offer more redemption options (based in the GoLight/Flex pricing policy) so that you can select your award ticket using less or more miles, according to your travel needs.
We introduce new services, as per your request:
“Together” program that allows up to 6 people to collect miles into a common account.
“Happy Miles” service that allows you to redeem less miles in pre-selected flights.
We launch a new “Silver” tier to offer significant benefits to its members, while all at once we enrich the benefits of the current tiers. At the same time, we are changing the way to upgrade and retain tier.
We keep expanding our partner network to give you plenty of choices, as well as multiple ways to earn and spend miles, get exclusive discounts and enjoy privileges simply by displaying your Miles+Bonus card.

Kindly note that the new Silver Tier will be granted to the Blue members that have accrued more than 8,000 Tier Miles (including at least 2 flights with Aegean or Olympic Air) or 16,000 Tier Miles in total, within the past 12 months from the new Miles+Bonus launch date. Current Gold members will be automatically transferred to the Gold Tier, regardless of their past flight activity.
Find out everything about the new Miles+Bonus here.
http://www.newmilesandbonus.com/en#new-services

Best regards,
Miles&Bonus
Aegean Airlines
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
So using the calculator it tells me that I need 14950 between London and Athens for a flex ticket. is this one way I presume?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:58 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
So using the calculator it tells me that I need 14950 between London and Athens for a flex ticket. is this one way I presume?
Presumably you're trying to book a redemption on A3 metal. This is indeed a one-way cost, because International awards (in flex) now price at 10x distance with a minimum of 9,000 miles.

It's better value (just) to book a *A partner award, which would come in at 12,500 in Y for a one-way - although then you'd have to factor in extra travelling time and a stopover because only A3 fly direct LON-ATH.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
It's better value (just) to book a *A partner award, which would come in at 12,500 in Y for a one-way - although then you'd have to factor in extra travelling time and a stopover because only A3 fly direct LON-ATH.
And I think you have to consider YQ then, as all the alternative options would charge it... or is there an exception (e.g. TK??)? And as *A awards can not be booked online, you pay another 20 EUR for booking over the phone. I just checked and saw that A3 would charge you 60 EUR on their own metal, including the phone charge you would pay triple the amount using LX, LH or OS.

And remember, as a A3*G you have 1 pc of checked luggage anyway... so you could also book the GoLight award....

Last edited by EAPflyer; Feb 2, 2015 at 5:34 pm
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:30 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by EAPflyer
And I think you have to consider YQ then, as all the alternative options would charge it... or is there an exception (e.g. TK??)? And as *A awards can not be booked online, you pay another 20 EUR for booking over the phone.
I haven't checked everyone, hence why I didn't want to make a blanket statement, but generally speaking A3's YQ is less than almost all *A carriers. There are also other taxes to take into account, such as security and usage fees for every airport used.

Obviously everyone puts a different value on their miles depending on what they want to do with them, but I'd agree that the cash difference is unlikely to make a *A redemption better value.

The 20 Euro fee is payable whichever carrier is selected - as far as I'm aware, no awards are truly bookable online, they can only be requested but will still need to be manually processed by an agent.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have asked moderators to lock this thread as it is obsolete and the information given in the first few hundreds posts are incorrect for the new program. It would be better to keep adding info in the new threads created for the new program.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:04 pm
Community Director

For the moment, I am going to leave this thread open because it does still generate some relevant questions, even though much of the early information is outdated.

It is possible, as with the last set of questions, that some posts will get moved to more appropriate threads.

Eventually we will generate a new set of FAQ's/stickies/wiki's, which will be the time to finally close this thread.

NWIFlyer
Aegean Miles&Bonus
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: My travel agent
Where is the new, actualized Gold Card Crash-Course?

I have found a FAQ No.3, but it does not read Gold Card Crash-Course.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I believe there is not a new version of it. With the program changes M&B is more like other *A programs and with M&B not being the easy zero-to-gold-path I guess also the audience have changed.
The closest thing is the wiki part of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...tails-m-b.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.