Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

FAQ No.2 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: Aegean *Gold Card Crash-Course

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you are referring to my post in this thread, post #12 seems to confirm what I observed in my account.
That question to GUWonder was if his statement also referred to Gold status and it didn't. So I've got that cleared up and the info in the master post is correct (AFAIK).

For a blue member, the expiration of miles earned before blue status is apparently different from how I interpreted the T&C, as #12 and you observed. I have added these observations in the master post.

I am awaiting info from another FT'er that is on the verge of falling over the 12 months limit on the blue period, thus being able to tell me exactly how the expiry dates will work in that situation. Will update master post when new info is confirmed.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Just a word of thanks to arahlen for wading in and taking responsibility for this issue. ^

It will inevitably become the first step in a process of creating a forum FAQ - and this is the burning issue for people looking in this direction.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Hello

After reading FT for years, time has come for me to join this community as well... Hello everybody.

FYI: I have joined M&B in August 2010, did only register my first flight in September 2011 and reached A3*S in December 2011. The 1000 enrollment tier miles dating back to August 2010 were still taken into account, they did not expire after 12 months.

OT: My first flight as A3*S was a complete success. Got an upgrade ZRH - BCN on LX. Being LH*S (FTL) for many years, I have only had that twice.

Oliver
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:22 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Plat, BAEC Silver, TP Gold
Oh wow that's great, congrats!

Upgrades when being *S is quite rare I think... ^
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
A3 gold card validity

Hello,

how long is an A3 Card valid?

According to Agean the card is valid forever (I just have to make 1 flight within 3 years)

according to this forum i heared that the card has an date - valid thru)

Does anyone knows more about that?

thanks for your support
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plat., PG Ambassador Plat.,
Not sure about others, my friend credited 20K miles to A3 and just received his gold card. The card does have an expiration date: some time around Dec/2015.

So, yes, there is expiration date for A3 Gold.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Some hypothetical scenarios after sign-up:

1. Fly 19K+ in 12 months - *G
2. Fly exactly 3K in <12 months, then 16K+ in the following 12 months - *G
3. Fly exactly 3.5K in <12 months (which includes last flight of 1K), then exactly 15.5K in the following 12 months - what do I get?

Essentially, they state 16K in 12 months after achieving Blue - does that include the extra miles above 3K for the flight that made you Blue?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by nabeelj

1. Fly 19K+ in 12 months - *G
2. Fly exactly 3K in <12 months, then 16K+ in the following 12 months - *G
3. Fly exactly 3.5K in <12 months (which includes last flight of 1K), then exactly 15.5K in the following 12 months - what do I get?

Essentially, they state 16K in 12 months after achieving Blue - does that include the extra miles above 3K for the flight that made you Blue?
In my son's experience above, the answer would be yes. The miles that you achieve above the 4,000 Blue Threshold count towards Gold status.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:19 pm

...3. Fly exactly 3.5K in <12 months (which includes last flight of 1K), then exactly 15.5K in the following 12 months - what do I get?...
If I remember my situation of several years ago, you stay blue. This was the time when I was flying AF/KL and I was using A3 only for domestic travel (pre-*A times), getting ~15K every year. It took me something like 2 or 3 years to get the 16K in less than 12 months. But I am no longer 100% certain.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:08 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

I would say you get gold. No miles are reset when you turn blue, so the "residual" 500 miles in your example are counting toward next level.

Actually, as KLouis says, the blue status doesn't go away, so that opens yet another scenario:
4. Fly 3k in <12 months. Spend 6 months on the ground, then fly 16k in next 12 months.

Btw, the master post gets frequent updates, and should include info on expiry during blue status that covers your scenarios.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arahlen
Actually, as KLouis says, the blue status doesn't go away, so that opens yet another scenario:
4. Fly 3k in <12 months. Spend 6 months on the ground, then fly 16k in next 12 months.
Yes, once you're blue, you have a continuous rolling 12 months to achieve 16K for Gold.

Originally Posted by arahlen
Btw, the master post gets frequent updates, and should include info on expiry during blue status that covers your scenarios.
I did look through the master post, didn't find info that matches my 3rd scenario which is the one I was unsure about.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: SEN
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the A3 forum and I'm a little confused after reading this crash-course thread:
I have an upcoming flight with LH MUC - GRU - MUC booked in Business (Z). According to the Aegean homepage this would earn 200% and gives roughly 24k miles (same as M&M w/o status bonus).

Sooo, all I need to get *G on A3 for 36 months is crediting those 2 flight to A3 Really? What am I missing?

Many thanks for any clarification!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superpointsLXflyer
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the A3 forum and I'm a little confused after reading this crash-course thread:
I have an upcoming flight with LH MUC - GRU - MUC booked in Business (Z). According to the Aegean homepage this would earn 200% and gives roughly 24k miles (same as M&M w/o status bonus).

Sooo, all I need to get *G on A3 for 36 months is crediting those 2 flight to A3 Really? What am I missing?

Many thanks for any clarification!
And the answers are: Yes. Nothing.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that you mean that the flight is operated by LH, not just a codeshare, and is LH booking class Z. Also, if you read the T&C about keeping your account active, the third year seems to just be a chance to correct possible missing credits from earlier, not a final chance to credit a flight and save your acccount, although the *Gold cards seem to be good for at least three years.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: SEN
And the answers are: Yes. Nothing.

Assuming that you mean that the flight is operated by LH, not just a codeshare, and is LH booking class Z.
Its an LH issued (220-) ticket for a flight operated by LH. Booked in LH Z. No problem. Keeping the account active is not a big hurdle either.

Can't wait to see the checking agents face when I ask to add my A-e-g-e-a-n Miles&Bonus number...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.