Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 10, 12, 2:11 pm   #1
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Logging into A3 M&B on iPad

When I open the M&B homepage on my iPad, it does not appear to allow me to enter my password in the password box next to where I enter my A3 FF number in the box in the upper right part of the page. The solution, which took me more than a day to discover, is to click and enter the password directly under the FF number, where a funny arrowhead appears. No amount of clicking on what seems to be the right box or hitting go after entering the FF number seems to do anything, while hitting login immediately gives an error message and an offer to reset the password by email after answering security questions.
MSPeconomist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 12, 4:32 pm   #2

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, former BD *G, OZ Diamond *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
I have the same issue on both iPad and iPhone. Would be nice if A3 could fix this.
wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 12, 7:14 pm   #3

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, QR Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
When I open the M&B homepage on my iPad, it does not appear to allow me to enter my password in the password box next to where I enter my A3 FF number in the box in the upper right part of the page. The solution, which took me more than a day to discover, is to click and enter the password directly under the FF number, where a funny arrowhead appears. No amount of clicking on what seems to be the right box or hitting go after entering the FF number seems to do anything, while hitting login immediately gives an error message and an offer to reset the password by email after answering security questions.
The ipad renders the elements of the webpage slightly off, so the actual password field is not where it looks to be. That makes it hard to tap to get into editmode.
The easiest way to get there is to tap into the Member ID field, and write your number, then tap "next" on the ipad keyboard upper left side. The cursor will move to the right position. Voilą.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern View Post
I have the same issue on both iPad and iPhone. ...
So then it would be nice if Apple could fix this, right?
Old Jan 11, 12, 4:15 pm   #4

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, former BD *G, OZ Diamond *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
Quote:
Originally Posted by arahlen View Post
So then it would be nice if Apple could fix this, right?
wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 12, 6:22 pm   #5

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OK, now I see next, but it does not seem to be on the keyboard. On my iPad, it appears on the stripe above the touch keypad.
Old Jun 9, 12, 7:53 am   #6

Location: In theory near BHD, but usually a hotel in another country
Programs: Gold with BA/A3/TK, Elite EI, EK Silver and other random stuff, but no Moroccan Gold
Thanks folks, you have answered my problem - which I have been frustrated about for the last few weeks!

I have also learned about the "Next" key!!
Old Jun 9, 12, 11:05 am   #7

Programs: A3 QFF SK
Maybe try their mobile site: mobile.aegeanair.com
Works perfectly well on my iPad!
FlyingJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 12, 10:35 am   #8

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold Status, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), HHonors Gold, Starbucks Gold, US Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy View Post
Maybe try their mobile site: mobile.aegeanair.com
Works perfectly well on my iPad!
This. Also works for the iPhone perfectly.
BThumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 12, 2:23 pm   #9

+1 The mobile site is great. Both on iPad and iPhone
Old Jun 10, 12, 5:13 pm   #10

Programs: A3*G TK*G VS(S) SPG(G)
Havent used the mobile website, but on the regular website (on an iPhone 4) click UNDER the number box. A cursor will show up where the password box is (not where it appears). Enter it there and it should work fine.
yulred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 12, 9:51 am   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulred View Post
Havent used the mobile website, but on the regular website (on an iPhone 4) click UNDER the number box. A cursor will show up where the password box is (not where it appears). Enter it there and it should work fine.
I think this is exactly the solution I described in my OP. For the record, this was using the regular Aegean website on an ipad.
Old Jun 11, 12, 11:56 am   #12

Quote:
I think this is exactly the solution I described in my OP. For the record, this was using the regular Aegean website on an ipad.
This is certainly not a iPhone or iPad "problem". Exactly the same happens on one of my two MacBooks and on one of my two Mac desktops. The funny thing is that the symptoms started, in both cases, when the Macs were already "oldish", briefly before I replaced them with the two bug-less ones. Needless to say that after a few weeks I simply got used to the bug and I never complained.
KLouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 12, 1:56 pm   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
This is certainly not a iPhone or iPad "problem". Exactly the same happens on one of my two MacBooks and on one of my two Mac desktops. The funny thing is that the symptoms started, in both cases, when the Macs were already "oldish", briefly before I replaced them with the two bug-less ones. Needless to say that after a few weeks I simply got used to the bug and I never complained.
I first reported this in January, when my ipad2 was about six months old.