Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 28, 11, 9:38 pm   #1

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / SPG Gold / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / IHG Plat RA
Mileage expiration on Aegean?

Looking at A3'a website, they clearly articulate the expiry schedule for my Tier Miles. I see no mention, however, of "miles expiring" in in my account overview or their T&C.

Reading their T&C, I see accounts expire after 24 months of non-activity in certain circumstances (with a 12-month re-activation period) and a 36 month window for non-activity in other circumstances.

Is it this community's understanding that for Golds, as long as you have "flight activity" every 36-months, your redeemable miles will not expire?
Old Dec 29, 11, 3:59 pm   #2
Moderator: Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Correct - I believe this is the broad understanding.

There isn't enough 'maturity' round here to test the hypothesis.
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:49 am   #3

Yes

Yes, your points will never expire on Aegean as long as you do minimum one Star Alliance flight every 2 years. If you call their super speedy and supper friendsly customer service helpdesk they will confirm this to you.
Danois1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 12, 12:42 pm   #4

Programs: AC Elite, OneWorld Sapphire, Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danois1975 View Post
Yes, your points will never expire on Aegean as long as you do minimum one Star Alliance flight every 2 years. If you call their super speedy and supper friendsly customer service helpdesk they will confirm this to you.
How about requalifying for *G? Do you need to fly 16k or 20k while your gold card is active?
Happy New Year to all

Last edited by VirTERM; Jan 1, 12 at 2:54 pm.
VirTERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 12, 12:15 pm   #5

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver, former BD *G, OZ Diamond *G, VA Gold, AA, DL, EK, QF, Amex
Since the flight on which I earned A3 G, I have not earned any tier miles - the clock appears to have stopped at somewhat over 20K miles, while my redeemable miles increase with every flight.

AFIK, tier miles only expire while you have no status or blue (*S) status; tier miles do not expire (and are no longer awarded) once you reach A3 *G; A3 *G status is indefinite while you are crediting 1 flight every 1/2/3 years (different parts of the T&C suggest and different questions to A3 elect slightly different responses); and while you are crediting with this regularity redeemable miles do not expire.
wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote