Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by fedeflyer
I think I should sleep one night at the airport considering that my flight back is at 6.10 a.m...!
You're not doing that ...

Make sure you go on the express train ("Flytoget") back to OSL, running from the central trainstation (Oslo S), which is the only real option that early in the morning, taking you there in 20 minutes for NOK170. The 30-35 min taxi ride is upwards of NOK650 (USD100) ...

Snacky
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
The end of the story :)

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you've already bought the ticket, then it's already too late to make changes if you don't get the answer you were hoping for.

You don't need to ring anyone to figure out how many miles you will earn - you can check the Miles and Bonus website which shows how much the various earning classes earn. I presume you have avoided the non-earning classes indicated on that page. Do you know what fare class you are travelling in?

The amount of miles you earn also depends on the length of each individual flight. You can get these distances by filling your itinerary in on www.gcmap.com (the miles used by the airlines sometimes vary by a few miles from the values given here). Don't forget, if you're flying in one of the higher earning fares, the 200% earning ones, you will earn double the mileage.
Hi irishguy, I finally got the upgrade to GOLD today.. I did FCO-CPH-OSL return trip. What I wanna highlight it has been very helpful to me call the Aegean customer service and ask them the miles I would get from the trip.
Direct flight FCO-OSL (round trip) would get according gcmap.com 5088 miles in A class with SAS (1272 for one trip but considering the double miles earning it's 5088).

I needed 5007 miles to upgrade to Gold so I was pretty sure to do that then, I called the aegean customer service and they told me that actually the miles for that trip where 4800 so I said...that's a problem! I actually finded out that there where no direct flight to OSL but just a flight with stop in CPH and that was very lucky for me because in that case I did 4 flights and totally earned 6220 miles getting upgrade to gold!

So in case there are just few miles to get the upgrade to Gold to make sure the miles you get are the miles you need I would contact the A3 agent and ask them the exact amount of miles for the trip you're going to make as it can be (as in my case) different from the A3 miles calculator and gcmap.

Cheers
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Made it..!

Originally Posted by Snacky
You're not doing that ...

Make sure you go on the express train ("Flytoget") back to OSL, running from the central trainstation (Oslo S), which is the only real option that early in the morning, taking you there in 20 minutes for NOK170. The 30-35 min taxi ride is upwards of NOK650 (USD100) ...

Snacky
All done Snacky, I actually took the NSB (local train), half price of "Flytoget" for just 3 minutes difference arrival time.

I've earned 6220 miles by the way.. because of my stop in CPH. All good!

Cheers
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by fedeflyer
All done Snacky, I actually took the NSB (local train), half price of "Flytoget" for just 3 minutes difference arrival time.
Even better 😊
I thought they didn't run that early.

Snacky
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
If the danish fare gets honored we are going to have some nice F itins here and a new wave of people complaining that they precious card havnet yet arrived.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
  1. HKG <-> ARN by SK (Lowest price)
  2. ARN <-> ATH by A3 (Lowest price)
  3. HKG <-> SCL by AC (The lowest business class fare)
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:50 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by simcity4000
  1. HKG <-> ARN by SK (Lowest price)
  2. ARN <-> ATH by A3 (Lowest price)
  3. HKG <-> SCL by AC (The lowest business class fare)
That's interesting, but HKG-SCL J seems to be in excess of US$4000 and why go all the way there just for a mileage run?? (AC J is more like Y+ anyway)

For an HK based flyer starting from nothing, just do HKG-ARN-(somewhere in Europe) twice, while at your European destination, first time fly to ATH, second time fly to somewhere via ATH.

Cost US$2200 or thereabouts, which was the cost of purchasing *G without flying from Avianca a while ago.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
If you can snap up some of the special offers regularly put out by SAS, it is a great way to either get or retain gold.

It seems next Thursday gets more deals!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by :D!
That's interesting, but HKG-SCL J seems to be in excess of US$4000 and why go all the way there just for a mileage run?? (AC J is more like Y+ anyway)

For an HK based flyer starting from nothing, just do HKG-ARN-(somewhere in Europe) twice, while at your European destination, first time fly to ATH, second time fly to somewhere via ATH.

Cost US$2200 or thereabouts, which was the cost of purchasing *G without flying from Avianca a while ago.
This HKG-SCL J class for AC can earn around 52000 miles, the lowest price is only around US$4000, how many segments and prices do you need to obtain 48000/24000 miles + 4 segments A3 in and between Europe (excluding TG)? Not many J class is like SQ (I mean 777-300ER and A380), unfortunately SQ is one of worst J/F class miles earned.
I agree that the cheapest way is flying with A3, however you don't fly with A3 everytime practically even though living in Europe.
To keep the status, it can fly several times of Asian regional flight + 1 long haul to Europe/Australiasia, or one economic class earned between HKG and SAO via SQ or ET.

Last edited by simcity4000; Jul 18, 2015 at 4:16 am
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Anyone have suggestions on earning about 10K miles out of YVR? Prefer to fly J as I can earn 200% of miles flown on AC, which would take the least amount of time.

Cheapest I can find is YVR-BDA (via YYZ) for about $1,950 CDN in J.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by shore9
Anyone have suggestions on earning about 10K miles out of YVR? Prefer to fly J as I can earn 200% of miles flown on AC, which would take the least amount of time.

Cheapest I can find is YVR-BDA (via YYZ) for about $1,950 CDN in J.
SAS YVR-OSL/ARN/CPH earns 100% (200% for Premium Eco and above) and yields 9-10k miles.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ErnstH
SAS YVR-OSL/ARN/CPH earns 100% (200% for Premium Eco and above) and yields 9-10k miles.
Does SAS fly into YVR?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:53 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ErnstH
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Does SAS fly into YVR?
Nope. Nor YYZ, or anywhere else in Canada as far as I know. This is almost certainly a codeshare on AC, which will probably earn at 50% in Y - avoid because of the uncertainty.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
*G with single itinerary

Obviously this is the law of unintended consequences, but after booking my latest CA flight and looking at the redemption table I've realized that ALL CA C class fares earn 200% and ALL their F fares earn 300% without exceptions. So my status seem to to be reviewed after completing one single itinerary (which I guess quite handy). itin was LHR-PEK-CTU-DLC-PEK-LHR (int'l segments booked into J and domestic into F). Per my preliminary calculations using GC map that shall yield 28,180 miles. Price was about Ł2,200.
AX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.