Does Miles&Bonus Comp status from other airlines? (Executive Summary: No)

Subscribe
Do they match status? Did anyone do it?
Hi all,

little self-interested question I didn't see answered on this thread: does Aegean comp to Gold? I am currently Freccia Alata Plus (ST ELP) and I'll be flying regularly to Greece starting this month. Would be nice to enjoy the Gold perks without having to wait 20,000 miles (which would be 10 weeks)

thanks,

Pi
I haven't heard of any A3 gold comps, and since it has by far the lowest *G qualification threshold, I doubt it's very likely it will start doing so.
Quote: Hi all,

little self-interested question I didn't see answered on this thread: does Aegean comp to Gold? I am currently Freccia Alata Plus (ST ELP) and I'll be flying regularly to Greece starting this month. Would be nice to enjoy the Gold perks without having to wait 20,000 miles (which would be 10 weeks)

thanks,

Pi
I called them to ask (from BA) and their reply was that BA is not part of *A so they cannot do nothing (I am Greek, so the language wasn't a problem). Obviously the agent had never heard anything about status match. That one was 6 months ago, I'll give it a try again.
They don't status match.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Potakas,

Thank you for communicating with us. Indeed, you are a Member of Miles & Bonus with 1.000 Status Miles accumulated. Unfortunately, it is not plausible to waive the Terms & Conditions of our Loyalty Scheme for a premature upgrade of your account.

Allow us to remind you, finally, that you will be upgraded to Gold Membership as soon as you accrue 20.000 Status Miles in total (or 16.000 within one year after your upgrade to the Blue tier).

Kind regards,

Nice and professional reply,
anyone know if there is a way i can get a statement of activity from Aegean showing my expiry date of Gold benefits?

i need it for a status match :/

i found on the trip i just did that getting the airlines to even realise who aegean was a bit difficult but the number just would not recognise to most airlines and i had to make sure at check in that the number was manually entered as they were claiming it wasnt in the booking (even though it was).
Quote: anyone know if there is a way i can get a statement of activity from Aegean showing my expiry date of Gold benefits?

i found on the trip i just did that getting the airlines to even realise who aegean was a bit difficult but the number just would not recognise to most airlines and i had to make sure at check in that the number was manually entered as they were claiming it wasnt in the booking (even though it was).
I think we still don't know exactly how status expiry is handled by A3 (=that information is not clearly available and has been discussed here before).

My wish is that we try to draw as little attention as possible to Miles & Bonus so that there will be no pressure from other airlines to change M&B.
Quote: anyone know if there is a way i can get a statement of activity from Aegean showing my expiry date of Gold benefits?

In a similar situation I printed the activity statement, highlighted the "Card upgrade" date and wrote a note saying "expires one year from that date" - worked fine for me.

Which programm are you machting to?
Quote: Velocity Gold hopefully, we shall see what happens.
Whom and how did you contact to get a status match? I may try for Delta Plat match.

thanks!
Quote: Whom and how did you contact to get a status match? I may try for Delta Plat match.

thanks!
Virgin Australia have a matching promo right now http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...tch-offer.html
Since DL are a partner,they are excluded from the promo.
Quote: Virgin Australia have a matching promo right now http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...tch-offer.html
Since DL are a partner,they are excluded from the promo.
I mean match to A3 gold using Delta Plat
Quote: Whom and how did you contact to get a status match? I may try for Delta Plat match.

thanks!
no i status matched from A3 gold to Velocity Gold.

thanks!
Though Velocity Golds and Plats get free SkyClub access with a same day Delta boarding pass
Quote: im not such a person, so no worries. But I really dont like the idea that it seems like most of the people taking advantage of A3 are from the US. You should feel bad taking advantage of a carrier from a broke country
But if I were in Europe it would be ok - its Europe's (German) money that keep them afloat so far ;-)))

anyway, got a response about "status match" - no.

Thank you for communicating with us. Indeed, you are Member of Miles & Bonus with 1,000 Status Miles accumulated. Unfortunately, it is not plausible to waive the Terms & Conditions of our Loyalty Scheme for a premature upgrade of your account.