Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean thru-tagging of bags (or lack thereof)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Just for your info
got to the airport with 2 sep tickets( we decided to do a cruise after purchasing the EK F tix)
one Agean Y the other connecting in ATH EK F

no matter what we said they would not interline the bags we had to get out collect them then take them upstairs and re check them in.
I emailed a contact at EK ath and they put a message in the computer

the first flight was an hour late we had 2hr 30 connection meaning we just made the flight to checkin
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
I have a *A connection to TG and that was almost impossible as well. Had to really twist the arms of the checkin managers etc at FCO to finally sort it out, otherwise flight connection would have been tight.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
got to the airport with 2 sep tickets
..and therein lies your problem. Aegean, or any other airline, is under no obligation to check bags through on separate bookings. Many will not, at all. If they do, it's a courtesy.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:54 am

On separate tickets, I've had a 100% success when connecting to an *A flight, but this was always out of HER. A3 agents there are really top!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Only flew A3 twice, once connecting to *A, once connecting to non *A, and then only agreed to interline on the *A connection, with both on seperate tix. I'm guessing that they only interline with *A members as a policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.