Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Difficulty with receiving credit from certain partner airlines (Blue1, Spanair, SAS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Difficulty with receiving credit from certain partner airlines (Blue1, Spanair, SAS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Since the beginning of February I have done 5 flights on AC and 2 on SQ...none have posted. Have filled out the online mile claim form for all 7.

And now when I try to log in it says my member ID is invalid. So far I'm not such a fan of this Miles & Bonus program...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by killuminati
Since the beginning of February I have done 5 flights on AC and 2 on SQ...none have posted. Have filled out the online mile claim form for all 7.

And now when I try to log in it says my member ID is invalid. So far I'm not such a fan of this Miles & Bonus program...
Are you sure that you got your # right?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

Mrs. stifle is having the exact same problems as you.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by stifle
Mrs. stifle is having the exact same problems as you.

Any updates on these issues? Have any miles posted?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No, the site still rejects her username/password.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by stifle
No, the site still rejects her username/password.
Has Mrs. Stifle tried calling Aegean to see what's going on?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH M&M FTL, KL Platinum, Aegean Bleu
Great customer service at the Aegean service center - called them a couple of times and have been very helpful. Better than the mainline carriers
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mashlakito
Has Mrs. Stifle tried calling Aegean to see what's going on?
She can't be bothered. It was enough of a struggle trying to get her to let me sign her up in the first place.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mashlakito
Any updates on these issues? Have any miles posted?
Yes. Finally this week 7 flights posted. Still waiting on 2 more but I've already made *G so not so concerned with them.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Where could the problem be...

I joined up with Aegeans miles and bonus program, I am just confused as to what the problem is with the miles accruing within the star alliance airlines. For example I have been trying to credit two blue1 flights to my account, now blue1 is a star alliance airline yet still nothing... aegean keeps telling me for 3 months now that they must get permission from blue1 first and that they are having MAJOR problems with this airline... blue 1 says contact aegean... I am now tossing between the idea of giving up on aegeans program if the miles cannot and or will not be posted in a timely manner... what makes it more weird to me is that the boarding passes showed my aegean number and star alliance status as well... I honestly dont know where to contact to get the ball on the track as my next fligth would put me in the GOLD status IF these flights are credited soon otherwise NOT
Old May 3, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
I joined up with Aegeans miles and bonus program, I am just confused as to what the problem is with the miles accruing within the star alliance airlines. For example I have been trying to credit two blue1 flights to my account, now blue1 is a star alliance airline yet still nothing... aegean keeps telling me for 3 months now that they must get permission from blue1 first and that they are having MAJOR problems with this airline... blue 1 says contact aegean... I am now tossing between the idea of giving up on aegeans program if the miles cannot and or will not be posted in a timely manner... what makes it more weird to me is that the boarding passes showed my aegean number and star alliance status as well... I honestly dont know where to contact to get the ball on the track as my next fligth would put me in the GOLD status IF these flights are credited soon otherwise NOT
+1

I have the exact same story happening with multiple Spanair flights back at the end of last year (August-Oktober 2010):
Dear Mr. Zeehe
Further to your complain-request we would like to inform you that we do not
have any news on your case. We still not have any contact with Span Air for the
all the retro claims form since our join to Alliance 30th of June.
Once again we will say the same to you “We try to push them with every possible
way to have quick answers for all the cases that are pending. Be sure that any
miles that you are entitled to will not be lost”
Now reading that the same problem occurs with other airlines as well I am even more disappointed in Aegean's bonus program. They shouldn't take their internal problems out on their customer's backs and I really don't believe there is no way for them to get into contact with another airline of their own alliance if they really would push matters. Overall it's been almost a year now.

That said I partially blame Spanair for that, hence it was a welcome reason to fly SAS and LH instead of Spanair and I must say I quite like it (also I never had problems with miles of those two into Aegean or Eurobonus so far, and I tried all kinds of combinations).
Old May 3, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Zeehe
+1

I have the exact same story happening with multiple Spanair flights back at the end of last year (August-Oktober 2010):

Now reading that the same problem occurs with other airlines as well I am even more disappointed in Aegean's bonus program. They shouldn't take their internal problems out on their customer's backs and I really don't believe there is no way for them to get into contact with another airline of their own alliance if they really would push matters. Overall it's been almost a year now.

That said I partially blame Spanair for that, hence it was a welcome reason to fly SAS and LH instead of Spanair and I must say I quite like it (also I never had problems with miles of those two into Aegean or Eurobonus so far, and I tried all kinds of combinations).

yes but even if they are not "lost" if it takes you over a year to get your status because of that then it is super bad for the alliance... even with all this I am thinking of switching allainces completely due to the lack of consistency the star alliance seems to hold throughout...
Old May 3, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
A3 works fine with all the major airlines in *A (CO, LH, UA, US, SQ, TK, LX, NH, AC all have confirmed instances of working), but they seem to have problems with SAS (occasionally), Blue1, and Spanair.

(all from references from other FTers I trust and myself)
Old May 3, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
A3 works fine with all the major airlines in *A (CO, LH, UA, US, SQ, TK, LX, NH, AC all have confirmed instances of working), but they seem to have problems with SAS (occasionally), Blue1, and Spanair.

I very recently had to tell the LX agent at the C checkin in ZRH what's the Shortcut of Aegean (A3) to enter my number into the system.

They're probably the most unknown airline in *A...
Old May 3, 2011, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL

they really need to work on this , I have never had a problem crediting miles that took this long... EVEN MORE SO I think it is deplorable that a alliance has ZERO miles earning classes... ALL PAID tickets should earn something even if its a measely 150 miles there should never be a ZERO class

bad business in my view

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.