Question on 'UP' fares with UA

Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Question on 'UP' fares with UA

May do a TPA run from LAX to get my gold card, but I used the advanced search for the fare in the 'A' bucket and luckily I checked the fare rules and its fare code 'H' (HUAUPN is the code given). So am I correct in assuming that this is not going to get the 300% mileage? Thanks all.

Last edited by VWGuru; Jan 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
as long as UA lists the fare as 'A' it will credit as 'A' to UAs program as well as partner program even if it's an UP fare. Most UP fares book into P these days, but if you find one in A you are all set.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've used such a UA -UP fare that booked into A and received the expected miles from Aegean, although I don't remember whether it was 200% or 300%. It was a short domestic FC flight, so the minimum miles per segment applied. I might have posted details in the big "creative routings to get to *Gold fast on A3" thread or whatever it's called. This would have been about a year ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.