Search

Status Match - A|CLUB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Question Status Match - A|CLUB

Hello there,
As a silver member of HHonors anf of Radisoon, will A|CLUB match my status to silver?

Here is another question for you - what do you think about Novotel Colmar, France?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 2:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I can't imagine Accor doing status match, very American thing to do so not sure but of course you can try and ask them
Old Jul 14, 2009, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I can't imagine Accor doing status match, very American thing to do so not sure but of course you can try and ask them
BD are not an american company and they do status match
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:03 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Indeed BD are not American, they are now practically German but in terms of airlines they are the big exception rather than the rule.

Let us know the answer from Accor
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Let us know the answer from Accor
Sent them an e-mail and got the following answer:
A|CLUB SILVER members can convert their membership to A|CLUB favorite guest program free of charge

I sent them another message that I dod not get any answer to the question I asked them...
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:42 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Doesn't sound like a runner. In fairness it is usually top tier status that can be matched anyway (with airlines at least). Plus Favourite guest is not a bad option if you planning to stay with Accor a bit but not as much as Platinum members do. Or just buy shares in Accor and get Club des Actionnaires
Old Jul 15, 2009, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by gordo6
Here is another question for you - what do you think about Novotel Colmar, France?
I haven't stayed at that one, but pretty much all the Novotels in France are the same. Kind of like a good Holiday Inn if you know those hotels. In any case, I seriously doubt A-Club Gold would make any difference in your experience at that particular hotel.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:22 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
In any case, I seriously doubt A-Club Gold would make any difference in your experience at that particular hotel.
Even platinum tier wouldn't make any difference at all. You only get a one level upgrade (if available) at Sofitel, Pullman and MGallery wit A|Club platinum, that's all.

You better book the "right" roomtype for your preferences instead of hoping for any upgrades, etc.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 7:42 am

A Club seems pretty much like a waste of time to me.

Stays rarely seem to credit, the redemption rate bites (and is paper based), and recognition seems pretty non-existent.

Good luck with the status match though
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by camsean
A Club seems pretty much like a waste of time to me.

Stays rarely seem to credit, the redemption rate bites (and is paper based), and recognition seems pretty non-existent.

Good luck with the status match though
Unfair but TRUE! Useless like all other Accor programs before it...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: JJ *Silver
I've recently become a HH Gold. I'm silver at A-Club and when I requested a status match they told me to send my HH card copy through email.
I'm planning a vacation trip with my family to Europe and not all Hilton Hotels do have Two Double Bed . I also think A-club is very limited, but it's pleny available in European cities.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
If you want silver status just register with Europcar LINK and then register with AlClub and you are silver
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by vitorborg
I've recently become a HH Gold. I'm silver at A-Club and when I requested a status match they told me to send my HH card copy through email.
I'm planning a vacation trip with my family to Europe and not all Hilton Hotels do have Two Double Bed . I also think A-club is very limited, but it's pleny available in European cities.
I was a AClub Platinum before. Like many people said, it is not much thing to expect. I got few room upgrade to Club floor in Sofitel Bangkok and a plate of chocolate there and Sofitel Krabi. The later was told because I am AdvantagePlus member.

It was completely worthless to show my Platinum card in Novotel Kuala Lumpur. In many places (at least in South East Asia), they give me "special" treatment because I am AdvantagePlus member, not A-Club Platinum member.

This was on their 1st year of launching. Now they are on the 3rd (or 2nd??) year, hope to be better. Also they have integrated the A-Club and AdvantagePlus now, which is another mess for now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.