Please Help, accor plus status problem

Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Classic, and EVA Silver
I read a few bad experiences about the status issue with Accor in this forum. But none of those could compare to mine. I will take some time to write about my story later on (it is a long story). Just to remind BMs here. If you decide not to renew your memebership with Accor Plus and want to switch back to Le Club, you need to make sure what status you would get. I was Accor Plus Gold member. I decide not to renew my membership this June. Now, I am a CLASSIC member! Not even Sliver!

It is still a ongoing battle with Accor CS. I don't think I will waste any more time to argue with them but just stay in other hotel chains in the future. After I receive their final answer, I will write the whole story about my situation here.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ququin
Hi Everyone,

I am accor plus member, join in 2016 January, and then reach platinum by july/August 2016, so by the new system I should have my platinum status till Jan 2018, or at least July/August 2017. but yesterday (7 Jan 2017) I just renew my accor plus membership and now my status become gold. Please help guys. should I contact Amy? I got 2 nights stay tomorrow and without platinum status i wont have access to lounge.

update: recalculate my stay, by night I reach platinum in July 2016 in accor old system. for the whole 2016 year i earn 25900 points.

what I have done so far:
pm AccorHotels Concierge, email both accorhotel and accor plus, contact my accor plus membership contact. no one replied yet.
I also get this problem
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:02 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by wingnewaddress
I read a few bad experiences about the status issue with Accor in this forum. But none of those could compare to mine. I will take some time to write about my story later on (it is a long story). Just to remind BMs here. If you decide not to renew your memebership with Accor Plus and want to switch back to Le Club, you need to make sure what status you would get. I was Accor Plus Gold member. I decide not to renew my membership this June. Now, I am a CLASSIC member! Not even Sliver!

It is still a ongoing battle with Accor CS. I don't think I will waste any more time to argue with them but just stay in other hotel chains in the future. After I receive their final answer, I will write the whole story about my situation here.
I've just cancelled all my future Accor stays. I'm SPG Plat still, so they get all my business.

Thank you AccorPlus!

Goodbye, good luck, good riddance!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Why do people always have to abuse the forum for personal venting? It's annoying. Accor isn't reading this. Either write them or start a blog, let your FB friends know or whatever.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:42 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by .flyer
It's annoying. Accor isn't reading this. Either write them or start a blog, let your FB friends know or whatever.
Some might find it annoying that folk make judgements before getting used to being a member @:-), FWIW Accor does read and participate in this forum, so take the time to get to know the lay of the land before making ill informed comments.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Accor Classic, and EVA Silver
I've just cancelled all my future Accor stays. I'm SPG Plat still, so they get all my business.

Thank you AccorPlus!

I still have about 20000 points with Accor. I will try to use all of my points in my next stay and say goodbye to Accor. SPG and Hilton get all my business in the future!

I finally got their answer today. They are not going to anything and OFFER me Classic status. I asked the CS person, do I need Accor to OFFER me Classic status? I think I could open as many Classic account as I want. He just don't know how to answer me back!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by markis10
Some might find it annoying that folk make judgements before getting used to being a member @:-), FWIW Accor does read and participate in this forum, so take the time to get to know the lay of the land before making ill informed comments.
You're mistaken, I was aware of the Concierge account when posting.

Do you really think the one or two Accor employees which occasionally do some basic support or PR are gonna take notice of random rants and pass them on to the appropriate decision-makers? I'd be highly surprised if they do.

Maybe my tone could have been nicer but I do find such rants pointless. They do seem to occur more frequently on FT than on other boards I read. You could basically replace Accor with program X and SPG Plat with program Y and find these self-important proclamations all over the Miles&Points forums.

If user 2lovelife is important enough to matter, why shouldn't he just vote with his dollars?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Oh, he is indeed voting with his dollars, but that has limited effect if the chain doesn't know the reason why.

This thread is identifying a specific new problem with Accor Plus, and how it has gone from a stated benefit of prolonging elite status to now, not only not honoring earned Le Club status, but reducing the term that earned status runs for. So, with respect to elite status, Accor Plus has gone from having a positive impact to a negative impact, bypassing being neutral on status. It's very bad.

The rants are justified because it seems the changes can't be intentional, in that a Platinum Le Club member should not be penalized for joining or extending Accor Plus.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:03 am

I will vote with my money after I spend my 20000 points on my last booking with Accor.

I am not so sure how they handle CS in N. America or in Europe.I am in Hong Kong. Just to let you guys know how complicated system Accor has. Base on the last few phone calls with them. Accor Plus sales agents are in Beijing China. The staffs there are not really Accor staffs. A contractor handle their sales! Accor Le Club CS team is in Australia. They only report the complain cases to their manager in France. The manager in France is the person who make the decisions!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I just a long chat with my Aplus Sales lady. She has been trying to contact me since last week and I purposely ignoring her as I am very unhappy with Aplus.

Today I told her that this year will probably the last time I will renew my Aplus if I do not see anything is being done. In short, I told her, as a paying member I feel that I am being short changed. I think many feel the same (but not airing it).

Here is the details "complained" that I told here.
1. Elite status. For this year non paying member get the status extended until 31-Dec-2017. As APlus member, my status will change this month. Why I get short changed 3 months as paying member. She said she will check if something can be done.

2. No more monthly availability calendar to see if Aplus complimentary night is avail. She said Aussie IT is working on it. In the mean time, can call the hotline to ask them to check.

3. Member cannot see the availability/book beyond current year expiry date. I told her this is ridiculous. As member that has renewal in Sep, this mean, I always only have 3 months max to book complimentary nights during "busy" period of December and January. And now, it is very difficult to get complimentary nights as more and more Aplus member in the region and of course everyone is eyeing top properties.

I also told her it is almost impossible to get complimentary night at Sofitel Nusa Dua, Pullman Hong Kong and now even Sofitel Sukhumvit.

Of course this is a complex issue, not only about the expiry, now they are checking if you still have complimentary nights avail.

I told her, Accor should have a mindset that member will continue to renew their memberships not to end it when expire.

Seriously I really do not know how they will fix this. Part of the issue, from rumours I heard, some hotel, like Sofitel Nusa Dua, will set max amount that will value the complimentary night. I heard it is valued at 2millions IDR which is around SGD 200, so if the room night at that day is more than 2millions, we have to pay. But I cannot confirm this.

I think Accor should force hotel to allocate x number of room for each day for complimentary night booking with some black out date.

4. Customer Service. Actually this is something that I almost forgotten. But she mentioned that I can contact Accor via Facebook. Then it refresh my memory. I told her, everytimes we as Aplus member contact Accor general CS, they reject us and ask us to contact Aplus CS. I told her this should not be case. Accor CS should take everyone including us the paying member. If they need to route as to APlus CS (as it is related to Account issue), then they should route it internally transparent to us.

Ok, let's she what she comes back. She said she will bring this point to management and get back to me.

I told her I will end the 13-14 years relationship next year, if my grievances are not being addressed as I do not see the point to keep buying Aplus.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:44 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by lingua101

2. No more monthly availability calendar to see if Aplus complimentary night is avail. She said Aussie IT is working on it. In the mean time, can call the hotline to ask them to check.

3. Member cannot see the availability/book beyond current year expiry date. I told her this is ridiculous. As member that has renewal in Sep, this mean, I always only have 3 months max to book complimentary nights during "busy" period of December and January. And now, it is very difficult to get complimentary nights as more and more Aplus member in the region and of course everyone is eyeing top properties.
Totally agree with you on this 2 points. When I asked my Aplus contact about when the availability calendar will come back, she said it will come back soon (by Oct end) but we'll see how it goes. However she didn't elaborate on the part of we calling Aplus to check. So could you explain more on that part? like who do we exactly call?

Also, regarding point 2, yes, its very frustrating with the new system as I cannot see future dates of Comp nights as my renewal is on October. Hopefully they fix this somehow!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:24 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Many years ago, Advantage Plus Asia had its own booking site. When searching a city, they'd give a list of every hotel's availability and lowest prices in a 2 week, day by day calendar. This would also work for free night searches.

One day, they shut it down and all riches had to route through the Accor hotels corporate site.

It seems like they like to cloud availability and prices. The tools that help us seem to be pulled BECAUSE they're useful.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Totally agree with you on this 2 points. When I asked my Aplus contact about when the availability calendar will come back, she said it will come back soon (by Oct end) but we'll see how it goes. However she didn't elaborate on the part of we calling Aplus to check. So could you explain more on that part? like who do we exactly call?

Also, regarding point 2, yes, its very frustrating with the new syrstem as I cannot see future dates of Comp nights as my renewal is on October. Hopefully they fix this somehow!
It is actually a "cheat". Call the aussie customer service on toll free number as if you want to book by asking to check avail. Once they told you which date is avail, you will say let me think about it and you do it online.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:39 am

Many years ago, Advantage Plus Asia had its own booking site. When searching a city, they'd give a list of every hotel's availability and lowest prices in a 2 week, day by day calendar. This would also work for free night searches.

One day, they shut it down and all riches had to route through the Accor hotels corporate site.

It seems like they like to cloud availability and prices. The tools that help us seem to be pulled BECAUSE they're useful.
This is why I made a big complaint. Not to mention now the Aplus members are growing.

I told her if I can only start doing conplinentary booking in October, how on earth I can secure comp night stays in favorite hotel during the busy perod like Dec/Jan.

Also the other problem, once you have no complimentary nights, you cannot see the avail. I understand they put some meaures to stop people booking comp nights and then cancel it.

Like my recent travel. I have booked Sofitel Sukhunvit long tine ago. But suddendly I have to shift my travel plan. But i cannot tell which date the comp nights is avail without canceling my original booking.

Hence some times it is very dilematic. They should allow people to see avail but stop them to book due to unavailability of comp night or something like that.

To me if it is almost impossible to use the comp nights what is the use to buy this membership. Of course they should expect people will use this comp night at higher brands hotel.

I used to be the defender of this program but now I have no base to defend it anymore.

Last edited by lingua101; Sep 21, 2017 at 5:46 am
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:10 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I have been informed that the AccorPlus teams will have to judge on a case by case basis.
So do not hesitate to send me a PM with your member ID so that I can share it with the teams and help you get some visibility on how your status will change.

Kind regards,
Amy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.