Search

Novotel in Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Novotel in Berlin

I'm headed to Berlin with friends in mid-October (our first time in Berlin) and looking for suggestions on Accor's properties.
We will be 9 of us :
1 couple with 2 childrens 15 and 12 (1 room for 4)
1 couple with one children (19 !) (1 room for 3)
1 couple without childrens

These are the properties we are currently considering :
- Novotel Berlin am Tiergarten
- Novotel Berlin Mitte
- Novotel Suites Berlin City Potsdamer Platz.

Has anyone been to one of theese hotels ?
Should we also look for Mercure in Berlin ?

All input greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I'm headed to Berlin with friends in mid-October (our first time in Berlin) and looking for suggestions on Accor's properties.
We will be 9 of us :
1 couple with 2 childrens 15 and 12 (1 room for 4)
1 couple with one children (19 !) (1 room for 3)
1 couple without childrens

These are the properties we are currently considering :
- Novotel Berlin am Tiergarten
- Novotel Berlin Mitte
- Novotel Suites Berlin City Potsdamer Platz.

Has anyone been to one of theese hotels ?
Should we also look for Mercure in Berlin ?

All input greatly appreciated.
Hey nrouxel,

I can't comment on much about hotels in Berlin. What I can say though is that Novotel Suites are excellent if you have more than 2 people in a room as there is often a sofa bed and lots of space.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:31 pm
esp
Suspended

Potsdamer Platz is a bad location. (Bad not in the sense of an unsafe neighborhood, but just not as nice and interesting as the other two Novotels you mentioned.)

Last edited by esp; Aug 28, 2016 at 12:17 pm Reason: grammar
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a Mercure on Knesebeckstrasse, just off Ku'damm in Charlottenburg.
Never stayed at that property (I like Hotel OTTO in that neighborhood), but the location near Savignyplatz is excellent.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:20 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have never been in any of those hotels in Berlin but what mattered to me would be the location, and it depends on what you plan there.
As noted above Potsdamer Plaz is not great. Charlottenburg neighbor is very nice and super convenient for TXL, but you are in former Berlin West and a bit away from the obvious tourist stuff, you will need to either take U-Bahn and change or S-Bahn from Tiergarten for example to Alexanderplatz or Brandenburg Tor.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:39 pm

I have stayed at the Novotel Tiergarten. You need to take public transport for pretty much anything, but the S-Bahn next to the hotel is on the main line that runs through the city. In exchange, you get the park which is great for a morning walk.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:45 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Stayed at the Tiergarten location last year, as stated before super convenient location right on the S-Bahn. Stopped often at the beer garden in Tiergarten on the way back in! Here is my post in the review thread last year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25141613-post251.html
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:37 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Thanks for all your advices.
I will report after my stay.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Considering the cheap rates in Berlin, Sofitel might be a good alternative option (or even better: boutique hotels).
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I haven't stayed at any of these locations. I can only comment on their locations. The Tiergarten property is adjacent to the Tiergarten S-Bahn station (and it is on the main east-west S-Bahn network line which runs through the city). However, aside from the Tiergarten park, there is not much to do within walking distance of the hotel. Unless of course you are interested in visiting a Burger King which used to be a small art gallery. The Mitte property is close to the Spittelmarkt U-Bahn station. And there are more things to do within walking distance: Nikolaiviertel, Unter Den Linden, even Alexanderplatz is within a walkable distance. The Potsdamer Platz (which is actually not in Potsdamer Platz) property is next to the Anhalter Bahnhof S-Bahn station. A limited number of things to do within walking distance. But Potsdamer Platz is only about 1 km away.

Also, the Mitte and Potsdamer Platz locations are along a few of the city's high-frequency "M" bus lines (and usually the double-decker ones). Which adds to their convenience in regards to public transportation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.