Novotel Century Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:41 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by remymartin
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do you mean at the lounge ? Because at the restaurant at the mezzanine, that's one of the nicest breakfast buffet I have seen at a Novotel.
Yes, indeed, the continental breakfast served in the lounge. Sorry for being unclear - I've amended my post
I think it always depends what you expect. For the size of the lounge (small), the breakfast is ok (to me). I'm a muesli+juice+coffe+croissant guy. There is no muesli up there, but I asked for it for the subsequent mornings and they had a bowl ready for me.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:26 am

Is it possible to have breakfast at the restaurant?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think it always depends what you expect. For the size of the lounge (small), the breakfast is ok (to me). I'm a muesli+juice+coffe+croissant guy. There is no muesli up there, but I asked for it for the subsequent mornings and they had a bowl ready for me.
Which Novotel would be considered the better option if it does not matter much for the location? Just more importantly room quality and etc.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by tris06
Which Novotel would be considered the better option if it does not matter much for the location? Just more importantly room quality and etc.
I stayed in Novotel century many times (10x?) and Novotel Kowloon once.

Persoanlly I found the one in Kowloon has nicer room.

Kowloon is closer to MTR. Century although it is not too far from both Wan Chai and Causeway bay MRT is like 10-15 min and you need to know how to walk there

Also Century's location is close to night area
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue

The breakfast menu at Novotel century is boring. When I used to frequently stay there (I went there every month for almost a year) and the menu is exactly the same every day. Not even a single variation.

My last stay which was few months apart and I found the menu was still exactly the same.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I concur with lingua101's assessment of the two Novotels. I personally prefer Novotel Nathan Road.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:41 am

just to add. Novotel Century is close enough to the Trade Center area. Hence, it is a good "cheaper" option for those people going to trade show. Hence during the trade show the price can go up to HKD 3000/night.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tboons
Is it possible to have breakfast at the restaurant?
Breakfast (free) is an option in the restaurant, was just advised on check in (for plats). Wow the lounge is small, surprised they give it to Plats, and it has a long happy hour 1730-2000.

Property is on red hot rooms at the moment for USD $80, that's great value in my books, even if the walk from the MTR is interesting! If you are interested in tiles, even more interesting
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:33 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Novotel Century Hong Kong - Old but staff keep it new

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

238 Jaffe Road Wanchai Hong Kong, HK

Novotel Century Hong Kong - Old but staff keep it new (0 Photo)

Check In

One of the longer checkins I have had, the hotel seems infatuated with paper and processes. Not ideal with the mess the lobby is in with the refurb, but I was very tolerant given the rate I was paying ($80USD)

Room

I was upgraded to a room that had extra space and it was appreciated. The bathroom amenities are excellent and the room functional, while the aircon struggled with the heat.

Service

Service was good, especially in the exec lounge, despite its tiny size.

Dining

As a plat I was offered Breakfast in the restaurant, and it was great, food variety was excellent and tasty.

Not a bad location and an easy walk from MTR. 

Overall

The hotel was great value for the price and I would happily stay again.

Novotel Century Hong Kong - Old but staff keep it new

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Century Hong Kong?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:17 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Will be staying here for 3 nights in April, any experience here by golds regarding upgrades and lounge access? (I've booked a standard room). Gold from points and stays not credit card in case that helps! Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Will be staying here for 3 nights in April, any experience here by golds regarding upgrades and lounge access? (I've booked a standard room). Gold from points and stays not credit card in case that helps! Thanks in advance.
Lounge access is not a Gold benefit.
For upgrades, this hotel is not bad usually.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by markis10
even if the walk from the MTR is interesting! If you are interested in tiles, even more interesting
Made me smile. The whole street of tile and building material shops.

The good thing about this hotel's location is there's a free shuttle bus operated by the MTR from the Hong Kong Station (if one travels by the airport rail) that stops right at the entrance of the hotel. I think it's great if you're not rushing for time.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Lounge access is not a Gold benefit.
For upgrades, this hotel is not bad usually.
Thanks Goldorak, much appreciated. Realised that lounge access was not a gold benefit as standard but thanks for mentioning it just in case.

Safe travels.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
I posted this on the Elite Experiences thread but thought it would be useful to cross-post here too.

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Century City Hong Kong

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Standard room with two singles and was upgraded to a Superior room with two singles (the rooms over Superior level have double beds, which weren't appropriate).

- How are the rooms? The rooms were clean but quite small (not unusual in Hong Kong) and the fixtures and fittings were getting to the stage where they could do with a refurb (more showing their age than being in unacceptable condition). The beds were comfy and we had a view of the Harbour. There was free water in the rooms plus a mini bar (which we didn't use but seemed well stocked). The television had a good mix of channels in a variety of languages and there was an in-room safe.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: Staff were very good - Gold status was recognised on check-in without any prompting and I was told about the upgrade immediately (with an explanation and apology for why it wasn't to a higher level, even though I wasn't expecting it). Breakfast was excellent in the main restaurant - really good range of Chinese and Western foods plus an egg station that could whip up omelettes and fried eggs. Location is also good - 5 minutes walk from Wan Chai MTR station and the Convention Centre.

Bad: The rooms are getting to the point where they need to be refurbished. There was also a bit of noise from next door as a couple were having a full on row late at night - not the hotel's fault and the couple kept it down after someone from another room knocked on their door and told them to shut up.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? As a lowly Gold I don't have lounge access and I wasn't on the Executive level so cannot comment.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Room upgrade given without having to ask for it and I was given 2 drinks vouchers on check-in, which we used for a coke and a local beer.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I didn't get the best rate for this hotel because I left the booking a little too late and it had gone up (my fault - I was dithering between the Novotel and the Pullman and by the time I made up my mind both had gone up a fair bit). If I could get it cheaper than I paid, then I would definitely return but for what I paid I would probably look elsewhere first and see how the Novotel rates compare.

1F
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:20 am

Thanks 1nfrequent, appreciate the review and stay info. (I don't tend to look at the review thread much so indeed do value you posting it here as well. ^ )

Safe travels.
1nfrequent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.