Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Goldorak
This wiki is a quick reference resource for Sofitel hotel lounges. (There is a separate thread for non-Sofitel Accor hotel lounges.)

Please feel free to edit this wiki in order to (i) add content and (ii) experiment with ways to give a useful structure to the information in the thread.

The Sofitel website lists the following hotels as having a Club Millésime:
  • Legend Metropole Hanoi. Pictures of the lounge and offering can be seen in post #53 here
  • Rio de Janeiro Copacabana (now closed and no longer a Sofitel when reopens)
  • Athens Airport
  • Abidjan
  • Budapest Chain Bridge. Pictures can be seen here
  • Bangkok Sukhumvit - Very nice lounge with extensive breakfast. Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Cairo El Gezirah
  • Dubai Jumeirah Beach
  • Dubai Downtown. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Guangzhou Sunrich
  • Shanghai Sheshan Oriental - Very large lounge, overrun on weekends. Large balcony for outside seating.
  • Mumbai BKC
  • Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Pictures can be seen here
  • Angkor Phokeethra (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
  • Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa sea & spa
  • Rabat Jardin des Roses
  • So Bangkok - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Macau Ponte 16 - Pictures can be seen in the hotel dedicated thread
  • Dongguan Humen Oriental
  • Abu Dhabi Corniche. Pictures of the lounge can be seen in the hotel review thread
  • Shanghai Jing An Huamin (2013)
  • Jinan Silver Plaza (new renovated lounge as Millesime Lounge starting 14 Oct 2013) - Pictures can be seen in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Auckland Viaduct Harbour (no lounge at this property)
  • Nusa Dua Bali (pictures in post #74)
  • Krabi

Others that spring to mind, including some branded as Club Sofitel rather than Club Millésime and some with ambiguous branding, are:
  • Saigon Plaza -- several positive mentions for the lounge in the hotel's dedicated thread
  • Heathrow T5 -- following the programme changes Platinum members now get access but may need to request it. United747 was underwhelmed by the lounge, located on ground floor, entry using keycard.
    According to the welcome letter the Heathrow T5 lounge offers:
    06:30-10:00 light continental breakfast
    15:00-16:30 afternoon tea
    18:00-20:00 evening canapés (incl. alcohol)
  • Gatwick
  • Brisbane
  • Melbourne on Collins -- NOW granting access as a Platinum benefit
  • Sydney Wentworth (Australia)
    Excellent full service lounge open 6:30am to 10:30pm, 7 Days a week. Private reception area with dedicated Club Sofitel checkin and checkout (go straight to the 5th floor on arrival). Continental+ breakfast served 6:30am-10:30am daily (extended to 11am on weekends and public holidays). All day refreshments. Afternoon tea with excellent desserts daily from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Evening cocktails and canapes with extensive selection of food (including hot food) and alcohol 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Shower services available for early departure/late arrival. There are actually 3 large rooms that make up the club including an entrance so always a lot of space and natural light.
  • Sydney Darling Harbour
  • Hyland Shanghai - great views of Najing Road. Limited evening canapes.
  • Xi An on Renimin Square - nice and cosy lounge
  • Berlin Kurfürstendamm (opened 02/2014) -Small lounge, limits access at busy times to club rooms only
  • Forebase Chongqing (26th floor, ok views, good food)
  • Chengdu (Wanda/Taihe) (23rd floor, nice river-views, ok-ish food)
  • Beijing (Wanda) nice, spacious lounge, food offerings rather strange though (and sometimes dried out)
  • Hangzhou Westlake - lovely views of westlake, adequate little snacks in the evening (definitely not replacing dinner.), small but nice breakfast buffet in the morning -> egg dishes ON REQUEST (but not actively offered)
Print Wikipost

Sofitel master lounge thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:00 pm
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Sofitel master lounge thread

This thread is one of two Accor lounge threads -- the other thread is for "everything except Sofitel".

Please feel free to add content, either by posting reports/reviews to the thread and/or by editing the wikipost.

Among the things that will interest people coming to the thread are:

Which hotels have lounges?

Reports on the lounges, including size, style, food and drink offerings, other facilities, service, location within the hotel, view.

Whether access is granted to Platinum Le Club members who have not booked Club rooms (including lounge access granted together with room upgrades).

Last edited by IMH; Nov 5, 2014 at 2:59 pm Reason: brevity
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Only 17% of Sofitels have lounge.

There is room for improvement.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Macau Ponte 16 - Extensive range of snacks, fresh juices, champagne at breakfast, special afternoon tea set

Krabi - Club Hemingway: lounge area and cafe with drinks and snacks, including evening canapes. No breakfast served in lounge.

Hanoi - breakfast served, evening cocktails, great views of lake.

Humen Oriental - no longer Accor
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:28 pm
KRS

Sofitel LHR T5

Stayed at Sofitel LHR T5 on 4 Oct. Lounge access granted to Platinum. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21612469-post105.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:41 am
IMH
Original Poster

Melbourne and Sydney Sofitels now explicitly denying lounge access

The Melbourne and Sydney hotel websites now explicitly state that lounge access will not be granted as a Platinum benefit. The lounge pages now carry the following text (punctuation as in original):

Please be aware, the LeClub Platinum member benefit of complimentary ‘access to Executive lounge’ is not offered at this hotel. All other LeClub Platinum member benefits are recognised.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour was added to the list.
Hope this one is open to platinum members...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I stayed there a month ago and there wasn't even mention of a lounge. Does it actually have one? They gave me ZERO platinum benefits - would never stay again. I even had to email them 3 times to get my Le Club Points.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I'm staying there this weekend, so will let you know.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PabloM
I stayed there a month ago and there wasn't even mention of a lounge. Does it actually have one? They gave me ZERO platinum benefits - would never stay again. I even had to email them 3 times to get my Le Club Points.
I don't know if there is actually a lounge but it listed on the Sofitel website and also on the hotel site. It seems to be very new.
Would be interested to hear about your experience (did you post on the elite experience thread ?), did they deny the benefits after you requested them or you didn't want to request anything ?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Anyone know the email addresses of the GMs at the Brisbane and Melbourne Sofitel's? Wondering if they received a barrage of emails they might relent and change their policy.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:03 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello,
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.
Here is the list of the hotels not participating in Le Club Accorhotels :

I will get to you as soon as I have more information.
Thank you!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:59 am
IMH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
We are looking into why Sofitel Sydney and Melbourne are not granting access to Platinum members.
Thank you, it's appreciated and I hope people will remember you're the messenger rather than the author of this mess.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IMH
Thank you, it's appreciated and I hope people will remember you're the messenger rather than the author of this mess.
Being the messenger of one of the poorest hotels loyalty programs is not an easy job indeed.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Any news on the Sofitel in Sydney not granting Accor Plat lounge access? I have an upcoming stay in a few days and was really counting on this...

Chris
Old Nov 21, 2013, 9:03 am
IMH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cg346
Any news on the Sofitel in Sydney [...]? I have an upcoming stay in a few days [...]
As of today both the Melbourne and Sydney websites still feature the text I quoted at post 6 above and Accor Concierge hasn't yet got back to us.

I wish you luck (and look forward to your report).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.