Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor claims to be the world's leading hotel manager. Based on what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor claims to be the world's leading hotel manager. Based on what?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Question Accor claims to be the world's leading hotel manager. Based on what?

Accor claims to be "the world's leading hotel manager"

[I]Accor, the world's leading hotel operator and market leader in Europe, is present in 92 countries with more than 4400 hotels and 530000 rooms"

But leader of what? Number of hotels, rooms, turnover?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
FTers who find their programme to be highly wanting.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Least useful hotel program.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nicolas75

But leader of what? Number of hotels, rooms, turnover?
According to Accor it is based on the number of hotels owned, leased and managed. I would have thought IHG are bigger but I'm not a PR person who can twist statistics....
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:33 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
ACCOR does have the highest number of properties under its flag (not necessarily owned, as starflyergold mentionned).

Best Western is also huge but the difference is that it's not considered as a hotel chain per se. Can't remember why but we saw that in class (hotel management class). Maybe I was not focusing enough
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by enelym1978
ACCOR does have the highest number of properties under its flag (not necessarily owned, as starflyergold mentionned).

Best Western is also huge but the difference is that it's not considered as a hotel chain per se. Can't remember why but we saw that in class (hotel management class). Maybe I was not focusing enough
Unlike other chains, which are often a mix of company-owned and franchised units, each Best Western hotel is an independently owned and operated franchise.

Best Western does not offer franchises in the traditional sense (where both franchisee and franchisor are operating for-profit), however.

Instead, Best Western operates as a nonprofit membership association, with each franchisee acting and voting as a member of the association in the manner of a marketing co-operative.

Source: Wikipedia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.