Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Can I transfer LE ACCOR CLUB POINTS to IBIS card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold

I have couple of questions regarding the IBIS card.

1)I am planning to get the 160euro IBIS card as I will be predominantly staying with IBIS. Currently I am Le Accor gold club member, my question is whether we can transfer all the points from Gold club card to Ibis card?

2)Can I still use my gold card and aquire 1.75x miles in Novotel etc or the card will be cancelled if I shift to Ibis card
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Plat, GFF Plat.
Originally Posted by k819

1)I am planning to get the 160euro IBIS card as I will be predominantly staying with IBIS. Currently I am Le Accor gold club member, my question is whether we can transfer all the points from Gold club card to Ibis card?

2)Can I still use my gold card and aquire 1.75x miles in Novotel etc or the card will be cancelled if I shift to Ibis card
where you stay? europe?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
south korea
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I recently joined le club accorhotels as platinum through the promotion link I found on this website. However, I have some related questions about la carte ibis which I PMed Accor Concierge last weekend but has yet to receive a reply. After seeing this thread I decided to post the questions here and hopefully someone can answer it. I did call le club to inquire but the agent seemed completely clueless and kept changing her answers.

1. Accor Concierge previously comfirmed that, by purchasing la carte ibis, I can earn points in ibis (excluding ibis budget) in France in weekdays, which I would otherwise not be able to with the normal card (even with platinum status). Is that still true after A club becomes le club accorhotels?
2. With platinum status I get 100% bonus pts. Does that apply to the 3.5 pts / Euro rate I get with la carte ibis, i. e., 7 pts / Euro with la carte ibis + platinum status? Do all points count toward status requalification?
3. I can no longer find the link to purchase la carte ibis on the English page. Can it be purchased online? Also I only find the information in French now, but the "adherez" link there does not get me to the purchasing page but rather to my personal account (or I guess I have to start a new account and get them merged somehow?).
4. Once enrolled, will the 10% discount be applied when I book the hotels online for ibis (will the price I see in the website automatically includes the 10% discount)?

Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, SPG Plat, GFF Plat.
south korea
why you not join accor advantage plus? this benefit is 10% for all hotel chain and the price i think same or lower than ibis card + complimentary night.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

I mostly stay in Ibis. With Ibis card I get 3.5 points for every euro instead of 1.75 with the other card. 10% discount doesn't apply to me as I already get a promotional price.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:30 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi k819,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions.

For your first question, yes, it is, unfortunately, not possible to transfer your points. Please refer to the terms and conditions for all such questions: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Regarding your second question, you will be able to cumulate 2 points for every euro spent at a Novotel and 3.5 points for every euro spent at an ibis.

Please do not hesitate if you have any other questions or problems.

All the best,

Chris

Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:36 am

Hi ernestnywang,

Thank you for your questions.

The terms and conditions of the loyalty program have not changed since the program's name change, so the answer to your first question is affirmative.

For your second question, you will keep your points even if you lose your status.

Concerning your third question, it seems that the page may not function with Google Chrome. Please try Firefox, Safari or another internet navigator. If the problem persists, please let me know.

On your last question, the reduced price will be applied automatically on the website if your provide your ibis card number when searching for hotels.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate.

Best wishes,

Chris

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I recently joined le club accorhotels as platinum through the promotion link I found on this website. However, I have some related questions about la carte ibis which I PMed Accor Concierge last weekend but has yet to receive a reply. After seeing this thread I decided to post the questions here and hopefully someone can answer it. I did call le club to inquire but the agent seemed completely clueless and kept changing her answers.

1. Accor Concierge previously comfirmed that, by purchasing la carte ibis, I can earn points in ibis (excluding ibis budget) in France in weekdays, which I would otherwise not be able to with the normal card (even with platinum status). Is that still true after A club becomes le club accorhotels?
2. With platinum status I get 100% bonus pts. Does that apply to the 3.5 pts / Euro rate I get with la carte ibis, i. e., 7 pts / Euro with la carte ibis + platinum status? Do all points count toward status requalification?
3. I can no longer find the link to purchase la carte ibis on the English page. Can it be purchased online? Also I only find the information in French now, but the "adherez" link there does not get me to the purchasing page but rather to my personal account (or I guess I have to start a new account and get them merged somehow?).
4. Once enrolled, will the 10% discount be applied when I book the hotels online for ibis (will the price I see in the website automatically includes the 10% discount)?

Thanks everyone!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi k819,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions.

For your first question, yes, it is, unfortunately, not possible to transfer your points. Please refer to the terms and conditions for all such questions: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Regarding your second question, you will be able to cumulate 2 points for every euro spent at a Novotel and 3.5 points for every euro spent at an ibis.

Please do not hesitate if you have any other questions or problems.

All the best,

Chris
Let me make it clear, so if I cant transfer my points, then I can maintain two cards i.e, one is my gold card and the other is La carte ibis.

If i use my gold card at Novotel I will get 3.5 points for every euro(As I am a gold member) and if I use Ibis card at Ibis I will get 3.5 points for 1 euro. Is that right?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:33 am

Hi ernestnywang,

Thank you for your questions.

The terms and conditions of the loyalty program have not changed since the program's name change, so the answer to your first question is affirmative.

For your second question, you will keep your points even if you lose your status.

Concerning your third question, it seems that the page may not function with Google Chrome. Please try Firefox, Safari or another internet navigator. If the problem persists, please let me know.

On your last question, the reduced price will be applied automatically on the website if your provide your ibis card number when searching for hotels.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate.

Best wishes,

Chris
Dear Chris,

I think you didn't get what I was asking in the second question. I am asking whether it is possible to have both platinum status and la carte ibis at the same time (without using 2 separate cards). In addition, if the platinum benefit can be carried over to la carte ibis, giving me 3.5*2=7 points per Euro spent in ibis.

Thank you!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:57 am

Hello ernestnywang,

Apologies for not answering your question correctly. Only one loyalty card is permitted per person. If you use an ibis card, you will obtain 3.5 points for every euro spent at an ibis.

There is only one status with the ibis card, unlike the Le Club Accorhotels card which indeed has different status levels.

If you would like to consult the terms and conditions of both cards, please click the following link: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Please do not hesitate to ask any other questions you might have.

Best wishes,

Chris

[/B]
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Dear Chris,

I think you didn't get what I was asking in the second question. I am asking whether it is possible to have both platinum status and la carte ibis at the same time (without using 2 separate cards). In addition, if the platinum benefit can be carried over to la carte ibis, giving me 3.5*2=7 points per Euro spent in ibis.

Thank you!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:04 am

Hi k819,

Sorry if I was not clear. Only one loyalty card is permitted per person. Indeed you will receive 3.5 points per euro spent at an ibis with the ibis loyalty card.

Please don't hesitate if you have other questions.

Best regards,

Chris

Let me make it clear, so if I cant transfer my points, then I can maintain two cards i.e, one is my gold card and the other is La carte ibis.

If i use my gold card at Novotel I will get 3.5 points for every euro(As I am a gold member) and if I use Ibis card at Ibis I will get 3.5 points for 1 euro. Is that right?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Hi k819,

Sorry if I was not clear. Only one loyalty card is permitted per person. Indeed you will receive 3.5 points per euro spent at an ibis with the ibis loyalty card.

Please don't hesitate if you have other questions.

Best regards,

Chris
I am not supposed to transfer my existing points from Gold card to Ibis card, I am not supposed to have 2 cards. Does that mean that I will be losing my existing points from Gold card?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:20 am

Hi k819,

Please log in to your personal account, click on "more advantages" (which is on the left and in the middle of your screen), then on "la carte ibis". Then complete the steps to sign up for the ibis card. You will be able to retain your points, but you will, however, lose your Gold status associated with your Le Club card.

Please don't hesitate if you have any other questions or issues.

Best regards,

Chris

I am not supposed to transfer my existing points from Gold card to Ibis card, I am not supposed to have 2 cards. Does that mean that I will be losing my existing points from Gold card?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:31 am

Hello ernestnywang,

Apologies for not answering your question correctly. Only one loyalty card is permitted per person. If you use an ibis card, you will obtain 3.5 points for every euro spent at an ibis.

There is only one status with the ibis card, unlike the Le Club Accorhotels card which indeed has different status levels.

If you would like to consult the terms and conditions of both cards, please click the following link: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Please do not hesitate to ask any other questions you might have.

Best wishes,

Chris

[/B]
Thanks. Got it now. However I think the scheme is really unreasonable (I don't mean not giving us 7 pts per EUR, but not being able to purchase l carte ibis while retaining benefits in Sofitel) and hoepfully will be changed soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.