Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Accor Platinum 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Judging from the frequent complaints here that people don't get "upgrades" at ibis, Novotel etc. not many customers have read the T&Cs either.
Hear hear.... although quite often you will still get upgraded at Novotels and Mercure hotels if you request it politely beforehand and are really nice on check in.

I personally think the program is good for most of the Luxury and Upscale property brands - IF you have the initiative to send an email in advance requesting the upgrade (or better, asking what upgrades are available before booking a room type). Only once was I not upgraded (Hotel Vie), because the next level up was a duplex suite worth many hundred more.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
Could not get free platinum with any of the codes mentioned in this thread...

Went ahead and bought 50 shares of Accor and got a Club des Actionnaires account approved in one day (after submiting the trade statment). Accor shares are up by about 1€ so I am even making 50€ profit...

Cheers
p
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:07 am
Formerly known as aepehrso

Programs: DL Silver, UA Premier, PC Platinum, HH Silver
Originally Posted by gabrielro
Normaly the promotion is for the HSBC Premier Credit Card customers.
The promotion is valid from 20 April 2011 until 31 March 2012
More info here.

But as there is no verification of the credit card number or anything, everyone can benefit from it. ^
Tried the link but when I enter my e-mail I get "The given promotion code is not usable anymore". If I press confirm again it takes me to the sign up screen. Will it still work? Thanks in advance.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
This Promotion ended at the end of March, is their any other current Promotion? (does not need to be Platinum but I don't want to miss out if there is a Promotion ongoing)

HzG
Old May 2, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: Amex Platinum,Hertz PC,Avis PC,AClub Platinum,Starwood Gold,Sixt Platinum,BW Diamond,HH Gold,CX Gold
I'm not sure still work but can try....

h@@ps://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/already-member.action?hasPromoCode=true&promoCode=AKTAACLUBPLAT11&lang=en

@=t
Old May 3, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I did this on both my husband's account and mine a few months ago, little realizing that it would save our butts a couple weeks ago in Auckland. We were booked at the Mercure Windsor (chosen because it had a spa pool) and just returned from a day trip to Tiritiri Matangi when we found the hotel completely without power and people being moved to other Accor properties around Auckland. Most were being moved to either the All-Seasons (glorified backpackers) or Novotel by the airport (inconvenient for people wanting access to the city). Those staying more than one night had to come back the next day once the Mercure Windsor was repaired-huge inconvenience! We were being sent to the other Mercure on Customs Street (supposedly sold out) to be sorted. In my best DYKWIA impersonation, I waved the Platinum A-Club cards and asked if they really want to be inconveniencing their top level members like this? The lady went to the back office, presumably to speak to her manager and came back in a few minutes. Lo and behold, a room magically opened up at the Mercure and we were given a nice room with a view of the harbour. We still had to retrieve our bags from the other hotel walking up 5 flights of stairs but at least we got a good room and stayed downtown!
Old May 4, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
Using the above link, I got a platinum account yesterday and then sent an e-mail asking to merge my both accounts. Even though both accounts are still active now, my old silver account has now been elevated to platinum. Yay!
Old May 4, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
Originally Posted by dany123

h@@ps://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/already-member.action?hasPromoCode=true&promoCode=AKTAACLUBPLAT11&lang=en

@=t
Originally Posted by elpiett
Using the above link, I got a platinum account yesterday and then sent an e-mail asking to merge my both accounts. Even though both accounts are still active now, my old silver account has now been elevated to platinum. Yay!
yes, can confirm that this still seems to work. (now I need to stay at a Hotel to get the physical card)
Old May 8, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Originally Posted by Herman ze German
yes, can confirm that this still seems to work. (now I need to stay at a Hotel to get the physical card)
Still working in May! Thanks, dany123 ^
Old May 9, 2012, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by dany123

@=t
This link still works for getting a platinum account. But when I asked them to merge this account to my old "classic" account, they replied that this promotion is only valid for people living in Ukraine. So my two accounts were not merged. On the other hand, they did not remove my new platinum account either. I am confused if I should use it or not.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by elpiett
I also managed to get a platinum account yesterday using a link from another site. Please could I ask for the address to which you sent your e-mail when asking for your accounts to be merged.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
Originally Posted by michlflyer
I also managed to get a platinum account yesterday using a link from another site. Please could I ask for the address to which you sent your e-mail when asking for your accounts to be merged.
I used the form available on the site once you access your profile, you select "contact us" and in the next dropdown menu you choose the option to combine your cards. Then you just add your two numbers to the form and a 1 or 2 days later you should have a single account. Or, as in my case, two platinum accounts, one with and one without points...
Old May 11, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum; EY Silver; KC Gold
Originally Posted by cyberdog
This link still works for getting a platinum account. But when I asked them to merge this account to my old "classic" account, they replied that this promotion is only valid for people living in Ukraine. So my two accounts were not merged. On the other hand, they did not remove my new platinum account either. I am confused if I should use it or not.
I got this too when trying to convert my existing gold to the platinum. Got a rather terse email saying it was a Mastercard offer for Ukrainians and that my Platinum had been locked out.

I wouldn't risk too many points on the platinum if I were you. Could be worth a one night Ibis punt, mind!
Old May 11, 2012, 11:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Really don't understand how people are getting this to work? I tried a couple of links - invalid.
Old May 12, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Many thanks, Elpiett, for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.