Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

How's Platinum treatment at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

When this was a Westin, I really loved it--one of the best, if not THE best, city hotel pools in the world--looking out over the ocean. Also quite good F&B, decent gym, and traffic was never that bad compared to dealing with Makati--finally, I prefer Malate for nightlife, so I would like to book it again....
Haven't stayed here since it became a Sofitel, but I do have A/Club Platinum status. Wondering if I book the cheapest room (Classic), what kind of upgrade to expect (if any!).
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kyushuman
When this was a Westin, I really loved it--one of the best, if not THE best, city hotel pools in the world--looking out over the ocean. Also quite good F&B, decent gym, and traffic was never that bad compared to dealing with Makati--finally, I prefer Malate for nightlife, so I would like to book it again....
Haven't stayed here since it became a Sofitel, but I do have A/Club Platinum status. Wondering if I book the cheapest room (Classic), what kind of upgrade to expect (if any!).
Hey kyushuman ! I'm planning to stay at Sofitel Manila too, did you finally stay at Sofitel Manila? I would like to hear your experience there....or perhaps any other FT members have stayed there as Platinum or Gold? Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
as plat you get one category upgrade!
I do love the club and breakfast at the "spiral" ^
And indeed the pool outside is great
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: FB Gold
Club benefit?

Is the club benefit confirmed? I'm holding a booking of a standard room which will be upgraded by one level. What about club-benefits? Will I receive them as a plat? Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by jexelot
as plat you get one category upgrade!
I do love the club and breakfast at the "spiral" ^
And indeed the pool outside is great
so I need to book luxury room Bay Views in order to be upgraded to club benefits ?

Originally Posted by KL803
Is the club benefit confirmed? I'm holding a booking of a standard room which will be upgraded by one level. What about club-benefits? Will I receive them as a plat? Thanks!
Hey KL803, I read that your location is Manila. I'm also thinking of Crown Plaza in Quezon. Haven't booked any hotel but it seems that the executive club floor there is really good value. Have you ever stayed there or perhaps you might tell me how the location is. I love sightseeing whether cultural or historical and also beach. Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:08 am

virtualaris you have PM. Regarding club benefits, I'll see this 4 days from now.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by KL803
virtualaris you have PM. Regarding club benefits, I'll see this 4 days from now.
Yea, sorry I didn't notice it. Hope that you would be upgraded so I'm still pending my booking there
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:47 pm

I received a very warm & genuine friendly welcome at the Sofitel Manila. Platinum benefits according to hotel policy is upgrade by one room category. So if you want club access, book one level below.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
just 1 category upgrade
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jexelot
just 1 category upgrade
Yes, upgrade by one category, no automatic lounge access, but buy-up is possible upon check-in. There's no dedicated A|club desk at the lobby, I only saw a sign for Accor Favorite Guests.

I absolutely recommend booking a club room, treatment at club Millésime is fantastic. I upgraded to a corner suite on the ninth floor, a great room with separate living room. I loved my stay, also the pool is fantastic, much nicer than at the Mandarin Oriental for example. Food was always outstanding, will definitely stay at the Sofitel again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.