Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: A3G, EBS, HH G, CC G
Originally Posted by rastompk
I'm in France. Took me almost 2 weeks to open account via Internet at local brooker.
Which broker did you use?

BR
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by rastompk
I'm in France. Took me almost 2 weeks to open account via Internet at local brooker. Then I bought 1 (yes one) share of Accor, 2E fee. Had to call the brooker then to ask to put this share in some special "mode" (they call it here "Au nominatif administré"). Otherways you have to buy 50shares of Accor.

Once done, I went on monday to Accor site http://www.accor.com/fr/finance/espa.../adhesion.html and I completed simple form (even if you dont speak french you should be able to do it).
However no response after 2-3 days and no confirmation email.
So I sent them also an email (to comfi[at]accor.com). And voila, in 24hours I got a response saying that my new card is on the way!

BTW english version of Accor site does not have this form to become member of this shareholders club!

So Yes, if you can get an account opened here in France you can have this platinum card for 2E fee to buy 1 share + 25E value of one share
it's actually part of the T&C in Article 2

in French:
Article 2 - Conditions d’adhésion au Club des Actionnaires Accor - Tout actionnaire détenant au moins 50 actions au porteur ou une action au nominatif peut devenir membre du Club. L’adhésion au Club des Actionnaires Accor est gratuite. Elle est valable tant que le membre du Club satisfait ŕ ces conditions d’adhésion. L’adhésion au Club des actionnaires Accor donne droit ŕ une carte de membre du Club. Cette carte est nominative et permet de bénéficier des services et des offres, réservés aux membres du Club des Actionnaires Accor.

google translated in English:
Article 2 - Membership requirements at Accor Shareholders Club - All shareholders holding at least 50 bearer shares or one registered share may join the Club. Club membership is free Accor Shareholders. It is valid as long as the member of the Club meets these conditions for membership. Club membership entitles shareholders to an Accor membership card club. This card is personal and can benefit from the services and offers, for members of Accor Shareholders Club.

btw you can get google to translate the french website for you
Old May 3, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
How do we register our shares if we are overseas? Do you have to use a french broker to register the shares?
Old May 4, 2012, 12:50 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by coffeeblack
How do we register our shares if we are overseas?
If you have 50 or more you don't need to get into that silliness: just send proof of ownership.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Which broker is the best to buy Accor shares ? I mean..in term of responsiveness and commission fee. I don't have any idea since I'm living in South East Asia.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:05 am
IMH

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Which broker is the best to buy Accor shares ?
There isn't a simple one-size-fits-all answer to this. Factors include the language(s) you're comfortable with and how easy it is to comply with reporting requirements in the country or countries in which you're a tax resident.

Perhaps start by finding out what fees you'd have to pay to buy them through your house bank (or usual brokerage, if you have one)?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:34 pm

Thanks for the information, this is very helpful. I never though I could buy share to get platinum status.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by celinebb
Thanks for the information, this is very helpful. I never though I could buy share to get platinum status.
To get and keep it, independently of your stays.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:58 am
IMH

Note that even though Platinum status doesn't expire for CdA members, hotels can still see some (all?) of your account activity. If you've had a period of inactivity they may need nudging to give you Platinum benefits (i.e. even more than some hotels need to be nudged anyway).

[I think that this happened to me last year at the Sofitel Heathrow T5. Mrs IMH and I are both Platinum members via CdA, but we'd been crediting stays to her account and mine hadn't seen any activity for nearly a year.]

Last edited by IMH; Mar 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm Reason: Clearer phrasing (I think).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:18 pm

Has anyone in Australia had success with this? If so could you please PM me your broker and how much it ended up costing.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
called my bank agent (credit suisse) on friday and told him that I want to buy one accor share, but it has to be the one in my name called Au nominatif administré...

well they searched half an hour through the stockmarket and told me they just can find the normal.... So i have to read a bit more about stock markets to figure out how to get the special one in my name... If there is no solution.. Will buy 50 normal ones :/
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Le club Accorhotel Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, BA Silver
The share "au nominatif" is a standard share, it is not a special category. It means that the bank needs to register this share with Accor and the share will then be managed by Accor's bank.
It generally cost some money to transfer a share to "au nominatif" so i would suggest you simply buy 50 shares.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Fred92100
The share "au nominatif" is a standard share, it is not a special category. It means that the bank needs to register this share with Accor and the share will then be managed by Accor's bank.
It generally cost some money to transfer a share to "au nominatif" so i would suggest you simply buy 50 shares.
No, it does not cost a penny !
I did it 3 months ago.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
So can I confirm that buying a (1) single au nominatif share will be enough for plat?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Question Difference between au porteur and nominatif?

For foreign (i.e. non-French) members of the Club des Actionnaires, what is the difference between les actions au porteur and those nominatives, especially from a fiscal point of view?

From my basic understanding of French shareholding, while les actions nominatives allow one the access to annual reports and even dividends since you are identified to the company concerned, the downside is that the fiscal management is much more complicated?

It therefore seems to me that for non-France based members of the Club, it would be better (from a book-keeping point of view) to hold the shares au porteur instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.