Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Converting points to Frequent Flyer Miles

I'm seeing that automatic transfers for FF miles from Accor points now roll over at 4000 hotel points. Can we still move those points over to frequent flyer miles (e.g. Delta Skymiles, my preferred program) manually after each stay?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:22 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello bcapehart,

Thanks for your message.

You certainly can convert your points from Accor to FF miles.

Try connecting your profile on accorhotels.com and go to the 'Manage my Le Club Accorhotels points' section. If you then click on 'Convert my points into airlines miles', you will be able to either make a direct manual transfer towards the airline company whenever you want, or on the other hand, tick the box which allows you to select a master FFP card towards which your points gained during every stay will be automatically sent.

I hope this helps. Please come back to me if you have any further questions.

All the best.

Chris

Originally Posted by bcapehart
I'm seeing that automatic transfers for FF miles from Accor points now roll over at 4000 hotel points. Can we still move those points over to frequent flyer miles (e.g. Delta Skymiles, my preferred program) manually after each stay?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
This may still be what happens, but it isn't how the website describes it now.

I set this up a few days ago. A day or so later 3,000 points were transferred (to IB) and I received a message saying that the next transfer would be made once my point balance reached that threshold again.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I received similar message too, "You have asked for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be automatically transferred to your Iberia airline Frequent Flyer program account. Each time that your Le Club Accorhotels points balance reaches 3,000, your Le Club Accorhotels points will be automatically transferred to your Frequent Flyer account. "

I hope it will be transfer to Iberia after my next stay, not when I get to 3000.
Can I transfer my point without meeting the threshold? Do I need to change to British Airway?

Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Any update on this? How does it really work? If the transfer is each time the points reach the threshold, what's the point? It's the same as manual transfer.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:01 pm

Automatic points transfer

I can transfer TAM points to Le Club points, as I don't find their program useful. If I set up an automatic transfer to airline miles, will it transfer the points acquired in this way (from TAM), or it works only points earned from stays?
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
This is so confusing. I want to earn Avios Iberia Plus

They write 2 Le Club Points are 5 Avios. But the only option to chose Iberia Plus is where I can choose the auotmatic transfer when I have 3000 Le Club Points....

What I need to set that I get for 2 Le Club Points = 5 Avios
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northernstar84
This is so confusing. I want to earn Avios Iberia Plus

They write 2 Le Club Points are 5 Avios. But the only option to chose Iberia Plus is where I can choose the auotmatic transfer when I have 3000 Le Club Points....

What I need to set that I get for 2 Le Club Points = 5 Avios
For Iberia Plus, you have no choice: you must earn at least 3000 a-club points, which you can then convert into Avios into your IB+ account (at the rate of 2 for 5 i.e 3000 Accor Club pts= 7500 avios).

If you will not reach 3000 points, forget about the Le Club and instead just present a frequent flyer card when checking-in. Unfortunately, you cannot do it for Iberia but you can do it for BA. If you open a BAEC account, use it for crediting your stays in Accor properties and then transfer your BAEC avios into your Iberia+ account. I have not tried but, in principle, you can freely move avios between a BAEC and an IB+ account held by the same person.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:10 am

If you already have 3000 points, you can transfer them manually. I've done it several times.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by NickB
For Iberia Plus, you have no choice: you must earn at least 3000 a-club points, which you can then convert into Avios into your IB+ account (at the rate of 2 for 5 i.e 3000 Accor Club pts= 7500 avios).

If you will not reach 3000 points, forget about the Le Club and instead just present a frequent flyer card when checking-in. Unfortunately, you cannot do it for Iberia but you can do it for BA. If you open a BAEC account, use it for crediting your stays in Accor properties and then transfer your BAEC avios into your Iberia+ account. I have not tried but, in principle, you can freely move avios between a BAEC and an IB+ account held by the same person.
okay thanks but I am still confused, because they write 4000 Points = 2000 Miles...and you say now 3000 Points = 7500 Miles....

So as a Platinum member I need to spend 750 Euro to get 7500 Iberia Avios Miles ?
My calculation : 750 Euro * 2 = 1500 Points + Platinum bonus 1500 = 3000 Points !?
Is that right?? If so, the ratio is quiet good.....

Last edited by northernstar84; Aug 24, 2012 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northernstar84
okay thanks but I am still confused, because they write 4000 Points = 2000 Miles...and you say now 3000 Points = 7500 Miles....
I had not looked at the website on this for quite a while. You are right that they state in the T&Cs that 4000 pts = 2000 miles but if you look at the list of airlines, it does not include IB. It seems to me that they completely forgot IB in the T&Cs. Last time I exchanged Accor points to IB avios (earlier this year), the ratio was 3000 pts for 7500 miles and I believe that this is still correct (hence the 2 to 5 ratio elsewhere on the site).
Have you tried doing a dummy transfer?
I have cleaned most of my points on my account so I do not think that I can do it myself.

If so, the ratio is quiet good.....
It sure is. Some of us opened an IB+ account primarily for this reason.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I believe that this is still correct
It is (or was three weeks ago).
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:41 am

I had not looked at the website on this for quite a while. You are right that they state in the T&Cs that 4000 pts = 2000 miles but if you look at the list of airlines, it does not include IB. It seems to me that they completely forgot IB in the T&Cs. Last time I exchanged Accor points to IB avios (earlier this year), the ratio was 3000 pts for 7500 miles and I believe that this is still correct (hence the 2 to 5 ratio elsewhere on the site).
Have you tried doing a dummy transfer?
I have cleaned most of my points on my account so I do not think that I can do it myself.

It sure is. Some of us opened an IB+ account primarily for this reason.
I dont have any points there yet to do a dummy transfer. But if its really 3000 Points = 7500 Iberia Avios (which you can transfer easily to BAEC) I will think to stay sometimes in an Accor hotel.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by milemission
I received similar message too, "You have asked for your Le Club Accorhotels points to be automatically transferred to your Iberia airline Frequent Flyer program account. Each time that your Le Club Accorhotels points balance reaches 3,000, your Le Club Accorhotels points will be automatically transferred to your Frequent Flyer account. "

I hope it will be transfer to Iberia after my next stay, not when I get to 3000.
Can I transfer my point without meeting the threshold? Do I need to change to British Airway?

Thank you!
After making a retroclaim I got some points but they are still in my Accor account,
Is that because it was a retroclaim or because you do indeed have to reach the threshhold before a transfer is done?
As someone else said, what's the point than? It's the same as manual transfer.

2 Points = 5 Iberia Avios is the only reason I decided to try Accor, but accumuling 3000 points would take a loooong time and T&Cs could change anytime...
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
For AirFrance/KLM Flying Blue, do you have to have a minimum LeClub balance for manual/automatic transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.