Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Any perks booking through BA as LeClubAccor Platinum holder?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Best Western Diamond, BAEC Blue

Quick question about the program.

I booked a BA flight to Newcastle and booked a stay at the Novotel there at the airport, through BA – (flight + hotel, booked and paid for in one transaction).

I’m LeClub Accor Platinum through ownership of an Amex Platinum Charge card.

I understand, that I wont get any LeClub Accor points, though is there any way of getting LeClubAccor Platnium benefits (room upgrade, most importantly), even though I wasn’t asked for my membership number on booking?

I will receive bonus Avios points though, for the cost of the flight+hotel package, as well as the usual tier points and normal Avios through the flight itself.

Also airport taxi transfers to and from the hotel are included, but don’t anything know about this?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:45 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Present your Platinium card first thing at check-in and see where this goes. There is no guarantee though. At Novotel Luxembourg booked as BA Holiday, I got the drink voucher that way.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Express Platinum, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Best Western Diamond, BAEC Blue
Thanks, I was planning to do that.

Though to ensure I get (a chance) of getting a room upgrade, I should also ring ahead, confirming my stay, and saying I'm a Platinum member?

Otherwise there may not be an upgraded room available, when I check in?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Just booked a Novotel in Leeds via BA (flight + hotel), as the overall price was not much higher than flights alone.

I e-mailed the hotel with BA's hotel confirmation number, & inquired about adding my Le Club number to the reservation, and they replied within hours that they were happy to do so.

(Mind you, I am a nothing/nodbody/peon with Le Club, but I should think that once they've got your number on file with the reservation, it would indicate what status you have, or make the status discussion a bit smoother at check-in?
Probably depends on what the T & C's are for booking a room via a site other then theirs)
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:49 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skye1
(Mind you, I am a nothing/nodbody/peon with Le Club,
Don't say that...

You're part of the FT Accor family. One BIG happy family
Old May 27, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Thought I'd now update on what happened - sucess!

Rang the day previously, saying I didn't get a chance to submit my LeClub Accor number, as I booked it through BA. Lady on the phone, says it's not a problem, and just to present the card when I check in. She did say that I won't be eligible for all the points though, since BA negotiates special rates. Fair enough, the room for 2 nights was only £100 or so more over the price of the flights.

Upon arrival, it was all sorted. Membership number was taken, and the receptionist was tapping away on the computer to change our room. I noticed the confirmation I was signing had room 323 already pre-printed onto it, but we were change to room 308 - an upgraded Executive room!

Usual amenities were round inside - a Nespresso machine, Bose ipod dock, a bottle of complimentary mineral water, etc.

We did get a free drinks voucher, though the barman said we could only have 1 drink (there were 2 of us), which I thought a little odd. He then said it's 1 per room. Though the room has 2 people in it! Anyway never mind, I suppose.

In hindsight, we would have been better off booking the hotel direct, and taking the train up, though I did get bonus Avios from BA from buying this package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.