Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Beijing Sofitel Wanda

Platinum

Yes.

Luxury (lowest) -> Luxury Room Club Sofitel

- How are the rooms?
Spacious enough, visibly not the newest, but nicely appointed (typical sofitel)

Good:
- Very friendly staff (credit card declined at check-in due to "dubious location" according to my bank (), wasn't a problem, just try again when sorted with bank)
- tasty macarons in room
- I always love sofitel-beds.
- lovely breakfast selection in the downstairs restaurant (didn't try the lounge-breakfast)

Bad:
- slightly confusing email exchange before the stay (asked for platinum benefits, was informed my number wasn't a valid card number.) -> wasn't an issue at check-in though.

Yes, slightly meager food options, good drink options during cocktails.
Liked the desserts, didn't like the rest (either too dry due to aircon, or just inedible)

Macarons and fruit plate in room. Nothing else. (no welcome drinks, but those could be had in the lounge anyway; no personal letter or anything)

Yes, quite a bargain really for about 600 rmb on a flex-rate IMO.

On a general note: What do people think about being "upgraded" to a club sofitel room, which is basically same room-category that was originally booked, but with club access - which should be granted anyway due to status... seems like two-in-one for the hotel?
Not that I'm complaining per se, but I do wonder how this is handled at other chains (Accor is my only reference)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:06 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

I always argue on that as it's not a ROOM upgrade. And they normally relent and give me a proper room upgrade.
How's the wifi? Improved?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zehbra
What do people think about being "upgraded" to a club sofitel room, which is basically same room-category that was originally booked, but with club access - which should be granted anyway due to status... seems like two-in-one for the hotel?
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I always argue on that as it's not a ROOM upgrade. And they normally relent and give me a proper room upgrade.
Agreed. This is not a room upgrade. Club access comes in addition. I had this case last year at Sofitel So BKK. I told them and they gave me a very nice upgrade !
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I agree, I shall try that next time. As for the wifi: It was my first stay there, but after a week of Chengdu, I was pleasantly surprised with the speed (Netflix via vpn wasn't a problem in acceptable quality, if that is any measure..)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:45 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Novotel Luxembourg Centre

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Luxembourg Centre

Sliver

Yes.

Superior and I got that.

- How are the rooms?
Spacious enough, typical Novotel room.

Good:
- Friendly staff and service minded
- Nice breakfast buffet, a bit on the expensive side though (20 EUR).

Bad:
- Nothing for this stay.

N/A

Voucher for any drink from the bar or the mini-bar in the room.

Yes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:23 pm

Sofitel Florianopolis late Feb 2015

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Florianopolis

- What is your Le Club status? Gold at checkin, Platinum by checkout

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Classic Room with king-size bed and partial ocean views; received the same. Offered to upgrade to front-facing ocean view only if I paid

- How are the rooms? Well-designed, extremely comfortable bed, excellent rain shower, nice chair and work desk, but let's face it, they're worn (nicks everywhere, stains on carpet)

Good:
-Breakfast choices
-Service
-Location if you want to be downtown

Bad:
-Became Platinum during stay. Had to push for 4 pm late check-out
-No soundproofing between rooms and hall; you'll hear everything your neighbors are doing
-Location if you want to be near the tourist stuff in Floripa

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher, appeared to be good for any drink

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Just not quite worth the money, so no, I wouldn't return
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:40 pm

Sofitel Rio Copacabana, late Feb 2015

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Rio Copacabana

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Luxury Room with twin beds and sea view. Received the same. Hotel "full" and could not accommodate any upgrade, not even the same room with king bed

- How are the rooms? Nice enough, but worn. Nicks on furniture, rusted shower head, front door wouldn't close properly without slamming. Expect to be disappointed somewhat with the rooms here!

Good:
-Service
-Breakfast. Although very crowded, food was constantly replenished
-Location cannot be beat
-Horse's Neck bar food and drinks
-Lounge had wine tasting although I didn't partake
-Late checkout given without issue

Bad:
-I didn't care for either pool. Not awful, just too small and crowded and murky water, although good service by attendants
-Spotty turndown service (only got once)
-Just not worth the price

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes. Reception printed a letter to show at the lounge. It's important to note that access is only allowed from noon to midnight so Platinums may not have breakfast here. Lounge was mostly empty with meager offerings of food after 7 pm. It was unclear until checkout whether drinks were complimentary since I was sometimes asked for my room number (they turned out to be complimentary). Lounge terrace overlooked apartments and roofs with a partial view of Dos Irmaos. Far better view from the normal bar and restaurant on floor E.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Same letter printed to show at lounge mentioned welcome drink at the Horse's Neck bar. Appeared to be good for any drink. A small 300 ml bottle of cachaa was provided in the room as a special gift on the 2nd day.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Probably would look for something else next time. Just not worth the price for me!

Last edited by JimC; Mar 2, 2015 at 6:29 am Reason: Forgot welcome gift note
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

Absolutely. Such a good stay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic, not sure what room I was upgraded to but I was on the top floor with a lake view - probably 1-2 levels of upgrades.

- How are the rooms? Fantastic. Classic Pullman style, modern, warm and welcoming.

Good:
All good. Nothing bad. Was so happy to finally have the Executive Lounge open. The Pullman has always looked after Platinum's well (except that the lounge has never been open for me) but they have always made up for it with plenty of drink vouchers. Rooms were great, staff very friendly, restaurant exceptional, and platinum benefits so good.

Bad:
Really don't have any complaints.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Absolutely. This is the first time I've had lounge access. There were only 4 of us all up who were in the lounge - so was very quiet, but I think this is because it's rarely been open.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher (which I was able to get any drink from - enjoyed a $20 cocktail) and also a welcome letter and bottle of wine in the room! was so good.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Absolutely. Especially given that they are experimenting with having the Exec lounge open all the time to see if they can build more business with it being open - I'm pumped and this will continue to be my favorite Accor hotel in Melbourne. If they keep the lounge open, and if people hear about this, they will do really well. I am wondering if the opening of the new Pullman in the city (old Hilton) I think it's given them a bit more competition.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by PabloM
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Melbourne Albert Park

Absolutely. Such a good stay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic, not sure what room I was upgraded to but I was on the top floor with a lake view - probably 1-2 levels of upgrades.

- How are the rooms? Fantastic. Classic Pullman style, modern, warm and welcoming.

Good:
All good. Nothing bad. Was so happy to finally have the Executive Lounge open. The Pullman has always looked after Platinum's well (except that the lounge has never been open for me) but they have always made up for it with plenty of drink vouchers. Rooms were great, staff very friendly, restaurant exceptional, and platinum benefits so good.

Bad:
Really don't have any complaints.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Absolutely. This is the first time I've had lounge access. There were only 4 of us all up who were in the lounge - so was very quiet, but I think this is because it's rarely been open.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Received a welcome drink voucher (which I was able to get any drink from - enjoyed a $20 cocktail) and also a welcome letter and bottle of wine in the room! was so good.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Absolutely. Especially given that they are experimenting with having the Exec lounge open all the time to see if they can build more business with it being open - I'm pumped and this will continue to be my favorite Accor hotel in Melbourne. If they keep the lounge open, and if people hear about this, they will do really well. I am wondering if the opening of the new Pullman in the city (old Hilton) I think it's given them a bit more competition.
Congratulations ! Having read through your threads since i joined tis nice to see you finally reap some rewards at this hotel ! ^
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Xin Qiao (Beijing)

Plat

so so..

Booked standard, got one on executive floor

- How are the rooms?
Old. Worn. Non-Smoking room smelled like someone had smoked in it...

Good:

Bad:
- ... quite bad level of English with some staff
- Rooms
- Had to press a bit for upgrade (new staff I think)
- Smell in room

Yes, nothing to write home about. Quite a few food options for breakfast, but most of them not really satisfying..

Upgrade to Executive floor, that's it.

Quite cheap given the location, but there are definitely better options in the city. So: no, wouldn't return.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by sycokid
Congratulations ! Having read through your threads since i joined tis nice to see you finally reap some rewards at this hotel ! ^
Thanks Sycokid
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
- Name of the hotel:Mercure Brisbane King George Square

Platinum

Yes

Booked 3 standard rooms (1 on Agoda and 2 on Accor website). Upgraded 2 rooms to Superior rooms.

- How are the rooms?
Both Standard rooms and Superior rooms are same size. A little on the small side. Room was furnished well enough but the building was a bit old but nothing too bad.

Good:
Given 6 drink vouchers on arrival for all the rooms.
Given 2.4 GB free wifi access for each room for the 1 night.
Early and Late check out granted

Bad:
Parking was limited and was only able to have friends and family's cars held without charge for up to an hour or so.

Yes, Shared with the Pullman Hotel next door. Lounge had soft drinks,mineral/spring water and biscuits with all the other basics available outside meal times.
Canapes and small snacks after 5:30-7:30pm. Seating was quite comfortable.

Given 6 drink vouchers on arrival for all the rooms.Drinks could be soft drinks/juice/wine or beer in the pub called K-bar or the cafe near the reception.
Given 2.4 GB free wifi access for each room for the 1 night.
Early and late check out granted
In the superior rooms they had a small box of chocolates and Evian water but I think this is for all Superior rooms whether or not an elite member.
Yes, for the price paid it was fair value for city centre.
But the service was better than expected.

Last edited by tris06; Mar 4, 2015 at 10:02 am
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: The Sebel Coolangatta (Gold Coast)

Platinum

Yes

1x 3 bedroom apartment.
1x 2 bedroom apartment.
No upgrade

- How are the rooms?
Very modern, Large and spacious. Especially the 3 bedroom had all bedrooms with a view of the gold coast. 1 room would have sea and beach views.

Good:
Rooms were lovely. Location was great. Staff were helpful.

Bad:
Very limited free wifi. Given 2x1hr access for 2 rooms booked for 4 nights.(Total of 8 people). Had to purchase 2GB of internet for 4 days for $43aud and only 1 device could connect with the account at any one time. Some parts of the room had no reception so to use the internet effectively you would best to sit in a certain part of the lounge room.

No lounge

2x1hr internet access vouchers.
Given complimentary drink vouchers to use at the Coolangatta Surf Club across the road.
Plus a small discount on food bought there. Drinks could be soft drinks/wine or beer.

Yes, but I wish they would just provide internet for their customers free of charge especially for members.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel

Platinum

For the most part yes.
No room upgrade just given standard. Was on China Southern account for stop-over.

- How are the rooms?
Quite good. Was slightly below what a Pullman should be but for an over night it was perfectly fine.

Good:
Grand looking lobby.
Allowed to use lounge eventually.
Free wifi for all customers.

Bad:
While not claiming for points as it was the airline that booked the room both times so completely understood that. I did expect to get the other benefits at least some. Both times they looked at my card number and counted to the 7th digit which is a 2 which they said meant I was a silver member not a platinum member. I stood my ground and again showed my card and said look again and had to go up to the business centre to show them that I was still indeed a platinum member online.

Then 1 week later 2nd time I was at the hotel I was told I was only allowed to bring myself to the lounge even though the room is for 2 people (2 double beds) and my mother was staying with me this time.
I said i was going to have breakfast with her nothing would stop me. Thankfully the staff member in the morning was the girl I had seen just a week before she remembered me and was lovely. She really impressed my mother with the service getting her anything she wanted for breakfast. Even my mother was asking me how can she can get the plat membership for herself. Still it was quite frustrating overall.

Yes, lounge was really good. Breakfast was just enough for those who didnt want to have massive amounts to eat. Evening canapes and snack were also very good. Staff for the most part were good.

Lounge access only.
Yes considering the airline paid for it as part of the plane ticket.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

Booked regular luxury room and received the same; no upgrade

- How are the rooms? As many have noted, the rooms are nice but this time, not only did I not receive an upgrade, the room was close to the elevators and there was a lot of hallway noise. A fellow also occupied the Imperial Suite next to my room and he was very noisy, including at 2am.

Good: Location, great lounge, and nice amenities overall.
Bad: The lack of an upgrade was disappointing. I arrived after midnight and noted the lack of an upgrade but was too tired to return to the front desk. I think this is the 3rd time in a row no upgrade has been given. I mentioned this the next day and the suggested solution was to book my next stay with them directly (not online). I could have escalated this with a manager but chose not to. Next time, I'll be more proactive with this hotel.

Yes, the drinks were good, the snacks were acceptable, and service was overall good but one night, they were clearly understaffed. Only ate breakfast in the lounge once and it was better than during my last visit, with more hot food offerings by order.

One welcome drink coupon was provided, and a fresh orchid and a cheese plate were in the room.

Yes despite this being my worst experience there to date. It seems like since there was a change to the GM, they don't give room upgrades or at least they are hard to obtain. Advice to platinums is to request a room upgrade in advance of your arrival and hope that request is considered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.