Ibis Styles Kyoto Station

Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ibis Styles Kyoto Station

I just booked the above hotel on a Best Unrestricted Rate.

There is a special condition in the booking:

Special terms 3: Book out policy: in the case of an overbooking, the hotel will suggest an alternative similar type of hotel. The hotel will pay for the transportation of the guest to the hotel only, and no other compensation will be made.

This is the first time I've seen this. So it means that my room isn't guaranteed and they can send me somewhere else and not guarantee the price of the new hotel. What about Accor Platinum's room guarantee? What about Accor points in this case?

Any experiences with this?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sounds weird indeed and 1st time I see this. If you have a status, You don't have to worry about suffering of overbooking.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You don't have to worry about suffering of overbooking.
False unfortunately:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23262052-post169.html
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Accor Le Club
Also, this particular property does not offer free breakfast, unlike most of (all?) ibis Styles.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:55 pm

you should write to [email protected]

he is the one in charge of loyalty in asia
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Airlib
Also, this particular property does not offer free breakfast, unlike most of (all?) ibis Styles.
Now that's quite crap. Good to know, as I was almost about to book it. It seems that overbooking can actually be a problem, as for the coming months they have quite a lot of dates when they are booked out already.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:28 am

Well despite the absence of free breakfast, I've booked for next month as the deal was good, thanks the current big Le Club promotion. I'll report my experience on this thread.

Originally Posted by enzo0511
you should write to [email protected]

he is the one in charge of loyalty in asia
Perhaps publishing that kind of info could be avoided on a public forum...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Airlib
Well despite the absence of free breakfast, I've booked for next month as the deal was good, thanks the current big Le Club promotion. I'll report my experience on this thread.

Perhaps publishing that kind of info could be avoided on a public forum...
I guess it's ok considering it's already quite public information...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

I e-mailed Mr. Cedillo-Espin 9 days ago but no reply as yet so I sent another e-mail today. It doesn't bode well for the head of Accor loyalty in Asia does it!! No wonder customer service takes that long or even longer to reply!!

I also mentioned the 'no breakfast' issue in the e-mail. It will be interesting to get a reply, at some point, in the future, but not too distant future.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:30 am
Original Poster

My 2nd e-mail triggered an almost immediate reply. It has been referred to someone else in Accor Loyalty. Will keep you posted.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

This issue has been resolved. Part of the e-mail response:

"The General Manager of the hotel mentioned that the All-inclusive package will be valid from Dec 27 2014 for bookings made on November 1st onwards.

However he accepted to include breakfast for your booking."

So it seems that they are in the process of becoming all-inclusive (Styles brand). I wonder if they will get rid of the clause which says you could be relocated to another hotel if it's full.

Anyway, Accor did a great job in resolving this one for me. Thanks Accor!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:12 am

So, as promised, here is my review:
  • Wifi ease of connecting and speed OK
  • Great location, rail fans will like the view on rooms xx05 to xx13
  • "Doll house" type bathroom - but that's more of a general issue rather than a hotel issue
  • Small lobby renovation work in progress which should cause no inconvenience
  • Didn't get any specific Silver recognition, although there is free tea and coffee in the lobby for members - I guess that's their interpretation of the welcome drink!
  • Liked it and found it good value for money compared to alternatives - although except for the fancy design it isn't that different from the typical Japanese business hotel
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Good to know there's an Accor property in Kyoto. I last stayed at the Granvia also at the Kyoto Station, this would be a good alternative.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Windows can be opened at this hotel for fresh air.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold, Accor Gold
I've stayed at this hotel and the one in Osaka several times and never had any issues, they always recognize my status and give me a free upgrade on arrival (although it's not like you can usually even tell with Ibis). The Kyoto location is brilliant though, you're just across the street from Kyoto station.

I'll be staying at the Ibis Styles at Tokyo Bay soon and noticed they also charge extra for breakfast, and quickly checking the other Styles in Japan they seem to be the same, an extra 1000yen for breakfast service. I suppose the "all-inclusive" plan never went anywhere. Their breakfasts are typical Japanese business hotel fare, probably fine for travelers to Japan or people on business but for those of us who live here or stay in Japan frequently you'd probably be able to get something better outside for the 1000yen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.