Booking at the hotel site itself

Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Booking at the hotel site itself

Hi guys,

If a book via www.ibis.com or www.pullman.com do I still get my club accor points? I have recently found out that booking via the site of the hotel directly at times saves up to 25 euros a booking.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Yes you will, any brand website and accorhotels.com is ok for points.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by EB86
I have recently found out that booking via the site of the hotel directly at times saves up to 25 euros a booking.
Do you mean compared to the published fares on the general Accor website accorhotels.com ?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do you mean compared to the published fares on the general Accor website accorhotels.com ?
Crazy right?? Via the pullman site it's 210 euros, via the accor site is 235 euros
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 pm

Crazy right?? Via the pullman site it's 210 euros, via the accor site is 235 euros

Are you sure you booked the exact same rate ?

Because thats simply impossible

Brand websites and accorhotels.com are identical

The only difference is only cosmetic

Different graphic designs but same back office
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enzo0511

Brand websites and accorhotels.com are identical

The only difference is only cosmetic

Different graphic designs but same back office
I thought so too, but I am a 1000% sure.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:25 am

I thought so too, but I am a 1000% sure.
wow that's odd

or maybe you booked right at the moment when a room became available or a rate was changing (rates may vary depending on daily occupancy)

maybe it has nothing to do with booking on one website or the other

because all accor website point to the same booking engine
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
A propos rate differences - I also noticed that some Mercure offer cheaper rates when booking directly with them (over the phone or in person) than via their brand/accor website. I thought it was supposed to be all the same, and I too, am 100% sure that there was a 20€ difference between the two rates which I check on my phone immediately after speaking with the receptionist...is this normal?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:56 am
Original Poster

wow that's odd

or maybe you booked right at the moment when a room became available or a rate was changing (rates may vary depending on daily occupancy)

maybe it has nothing to do with booking on one website or the other

because all accor website point to the same booking engine
It is still bookable right now with the difference in price.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
It is still bookable right now with the difference in price.
Request a best rate guarantee from accorhotels.com!!

Let us know the results - they should have to uphold it according to their terms and conditions

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/descriptif.shtml

take screenshots of both sites as they might as for them in an email
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Request a best rate guarantee from accorhotels.com!!

Let us know the results - they should have to uphold it according to their terms and conditions

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/garantie/descriptif.shtml

take screenshots of both sites as they might as for them in an email
I booked it trough the pullman.com site. So it's no problem. Was just wondering how this is possible.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I booked it trough the pullman.com site. So it's no problem. Was just wondering how this is possible.
if you can cancel the booking (if the prices still exist on both sites) then rebook on accorhotels.com and on that link i posted you put that you found a better rate on pullman.com site - then you should be entitled to 10% further off of the pullman.com price
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:49 pm

Yes, it's true!

I recently stayed at a Novotel in North America and booked my stay through Amex Platinum Travel Service. APTS' rate was 10% cheaper than the rate on Accor.com for the same room type, dates and property. I booked through APTS to save the 10% and the only difference was no Platinum status recognition during my stay including no point accrual because I booked it through 3rd party.

Since room upgrade is based on availability, there is no guarantee that one would get an upgrade. So it's up to the individual to decide whether the 10% premium is worth the lottery risk.

No Platinum "perk" would be offered if the booking was through a 3rd party, including early/late check-out, room upgrade, etc.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Yes, it's true!

I recently stayed at a Novotel in North America and booked my stay through Amex Platinum Travel Service. APTS' rate was 10% cheaper than the rate on Accor.com for the same room type, dates and property. I booked through APTS to save the 10% and the only difference was no Platinum status recognition during my stay including no point accrual because I booked it through 3rd party.

Since room upgrade is based on availability, there is no guarantee that one would get an upgrade. So it's up to the individual to decide whether the 10% premium is worth the lottery risk.

No Platinum "perk" would be offered if the booking was through a 3rd party, including early/late check-out, room upgrade, etc.
This is not the same situation. You are talking about booking on a corporate booking engine which may propose lower fares than the hotel itself, because they negotiate global volumes and deals with hotel chains to propose them to their customers. Same with sites like expedia, hotels.com, etc.
The OP was talking about cheaper rates on individual Accor brands web sites (e.g. sofitel.com, novotel.com, etc) versus the global Accor site (accor-hotels.com).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is not the same situation. You are talking about booking on a corporate booking engine which may propose lower fares than the hotel itself, because they negotiate global volumes and deals with hotel chains to propose them to their customers. Same with sites like expedia, hotels.com, etc.
The OP was talking about cheaper rates on individual Accor brands web sites (e.g. sofitel.com, novotel.com, etc) versus the global Accor site (accor-hotels.com).
I actually have experienced that too. Different rate at Accor.com and Novotel.com for the same dates, room type and property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.