Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Accor | Le Club Accorhotels
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 8, 12, 11:43 am   #1

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat|InterContinental Plat RA|HHonnors VIP Gold|A Club Sofitel Plat|AMEX Plat|Visa Plat
Question Accor claims to be the world's leading hotel manager. Based on what?

Accor claims to be "the world's leading hotel manager"

[i]Accor, the world's leading hotel operator and market leader in Europe, is present in 92 countries with more than 4400 hotels and 530000 rooms"

But leader of what? Number of hotels, rooms, turnover?
nicolas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 12, 1:26 pm   #2

Programs: EK G, A3 G, QR S |IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH G, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager, CC G,
FTers who find their programme to be highly wanting.
lsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 12, 1:28 pm   #3

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Least useful hotel program.
Old Aug 8, 12, 2:01 pm   #4
Moderator, Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, EI Gold Circle Prestige, BA Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post

But leader of what? Number of hotels, rooms, turnover?
According to Accor it is based on the number of hotels owned, leased and managed. I would have thought IHG are bigger but I'm not a PR person who can twist statistics....
starflyergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 12:33 am   #5

Programs: A3*G, SQ*G, CX*S, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Le Club Plat
ACCOR does have the highest number of properties under its flag (not necessarily owned, as starflyergold mentionned).

Best Western is also huge but the difference is that it's not considered as a hotel chain per se. Can't remember why but we saw that in class (hotel management class). Maybe I was not focusing enough
enelym1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 12, 3:18 am   #6

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat|InterContinental Plat RA|HHonnors VIP Gold|A Club Sofitel Plat|AMEX Plat|Visa Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by enelym1978 View Post
ACCOR does have the highest number of properties under its flag (not necessarily owned, as starflyergold mentionned).

Best Western is also huge but the difference is that it's not considered as a hotel chain per se. Can't remember why but we saw that in class (hotel management class). Maybe I was not focusing enough
Unlike other chains, which are often a mix of company-owned and franchised units, each Best Western hotel is an independently owned and operated franchise.

Best Western does not offer franchises in the traditional sense (where both franchisee and franchisor are operating for-profit), however.

Instead, Best Western operates as a nonprofit membership association, with each franchisee acting and voting as a member of the association in the manner of a marketing co-operative.

Source: Wikipedia
nicolas75 is offline   Reply With Quote