Wiki Posts
Search

Inconsistent Accor website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Inconsistent Accor website

This topic is slightly OT as the major issue I am finding is due to children availability. I have always found that the Accor website is poor at explaining and providing details for its hotels and what is included in room rates and benefits of booking different room types.

Things seem to have turned for the worse now my daughter is 12. On some Accor brands a child is aged up to and including 11. Others it is not, eg Novotel.

I have been looking for rooms in Bangkok and Singapore. Wiith the sale they may be getting some of the bookings I planned to book with Hilton and IHG. But the room occupancy cause an issue with older children, which it does not on their competitors website. The Grand Mecure Roxy offers two rooms for 2 adults, 1 child (aged 12), but if I add it as 3 adults a single room will accommodate us. The website says 2A + 2C for the room, Accor on the phone say 3 people whether adults or child.

Bangkok is more complicated as different hotels show different room availability whether I enter 2A+1C or 3A as their child age policies differ. I therefore have to search on both criteria.

Accor should be able to manage this better. The website should automatically make a child of 12 and above and adult or child to match the hotel age policy otherwise you don't get the best rate.

When you contact the hotels direct their policies are again different and will provide additional beds in rooms for a fee - eg Sofitel Sukhumvit, Travelzoo offer.

I complained on the phone and asked for the issue to be escalated as Accor is making my life difficult and Accor will loose revenue. They need a consistent policy and correct information. I expect by booking direct to get clear and concise information -which I am not getting.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:30 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello flyoff,

Thank you very much for your comment. I understand and appreciate your frustration and the confusion as well as trouble this situation may have caused.

Please note that Accor highly appreciates receiving feedback from guests and potential customers, because it deeply values its customers.

I will be sure, therefore, to share your message with accorhotels customer service.

As you have done here, please do not hesitate sharing your thoughts and experiences regarding Accor hotel's and its customer service with me on the forum in private or public.

With best regards,

Chris

Originally Posted by flyoff
This topic is slightly OT as the major issue I am finding is due to children availability. I have always found that the Accor website is poor at explaining and providing details for its hotels and what is included in room rates and benefits of booking different room types.

Things seem to have turned for the worse now my daughter is 12. On some Accor brands a child is aged up to and including 11. Others it is not, eg Novotel.

I have been looking for rooms in Bangkok and Singapore. Wiith the sale they may be getting some of the bookings I planned to book with Hilton and IHG. But the room occupancy cause an issue with older children, which it does not on their competitors website. The Grand Mecure Roxy offers two rooms for 2 adults, 1 child (aged 12), but if I add it as 3 adults a single room will accommodate us. The website says 2A + 2C for the room, Accor on the phone say 3 people whether adults or child.

Bangkok is more complicated as different hotels show different room availability whether I enter 2A+1C or 3A as their child age policies differ. I therefore have to search on both criteria.

Accor should be able to manage this better. The website should automatically make a child of 12 and above and adult or child to match the hotel age policy otherwise you don't get the best rate.

When you contact the hotels direct their policies are again different and will provide additional beds in rooms for a fee - eg Sofitel Sukhumvit, Travelzoo offer.

I complained on the phone and asked for the issue to be escalated as Accor is making my life difficult and Accor will loose revenue. They need a consistent policy and correct information. I expect by booking direct to get clear and concise information -which I am not getting.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:18 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Hi Accor Concierge,

This is not about children but I can back up the anecdote from the OP with another data point:

First: I love the ability to add breakfast to my stays during the online booking process. There are a lot of different websites which do not offer that and it's very annoying because it means a call to the hotel finding out how they handle that.

So thanks for that.

The strange thing now is, that this ability is offered even for rates which include a breakfast. Rates with included breakfast are sometimes marked as "breakfast included" on the accor page but sometimes they are not.
I've found this recently with a lot of stays in Asia that especially the higher class rooms and suites seem to include breakfast in the rate but are not clearly marked as such on the website. It's usually somewhere in the detailed room description.

I think it might be worthwhile to correct these things in your availability database. What usually happened was that the hotel was telling me that the stay I booked already contained breakfast as part of the regular room rate and there was no need to specifically book it and they would refund me the difference. That attention to detail was highly appreciated but created a lot of extra work for the hotel.

Thanks for passing that on.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:06 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi ixs,

I understand your frustration as well as confusion regarding this inconsistency. I have documented your both of your comments, which will be transfered to Accor's customer service department.

I can assure you that the issues raised will be considered with the utmost seriousness. Accor and Le Club Accorhotels highly appreciates its guests and members, and receiving such feedback will help both the hotels and the loyalty program improve the quality of their services.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments and please do not hesitate contacting me on FlyerTalk.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Originally Posted by ixs
Hi Accor Concierge,

This is not about children but I can back up the anecdote from the OP with another data point:

First: I love the ability to add breakfast to my stays during the online booking process. There are a lot of different websites which do not offer that and it's very annoying because it means a call to the hotel finding out how they handle that.

So thanks for that.

The strange thing now is, that this ability is offered even for rates which include a breakfast. Rates with included breakfast are sometimes marked as "breakfast included" on the accor page but sometimes they are not.
I've found this recently with a lot of stays in Asia that especially the higher class rooms and suites seem to include breakfast in the rate but are not clearly marked as such on the website. It's usually somewhere in the detailed room description.

I think it might be worthwhile to correct these things in your availability database. What usually happened was that the hotel was telling me that the stay I booked already contained breakfast as part of the regular room rate and there was no need to specifically book it and they would refund me the difference. That attention to detail was highly appreciated but created a lot of extra work for the hotel.

Thanks for passing that on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.