Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Accor PR:
The first location-based application to reward a hotel group’s loyalty program members

Accor launches A|Club Places, an innovative and unique application on Facebook that enables A|Club loyalty program members to earn bonus points.

Every time an A|Club member stays at one of the program’s 2,300 participating hotels and checks in the application, clients will be able to unlock badges.

These badges reward regularity, variety of destination, loyalty to one type of hotel, etc. Each badge enables members to earn A|Club points that can be redeemed as A|Club reward. vouchers for use in Accor hotels, with partners, or converted into airline miles.

A|Club Places is the first location-based application launched by an international hotel group that offers bonus points to its loyalty program members.

The launch of this application is part of Accor’s strategy to develop its presence on the Internet, on mobile phones and social networks. Sales through these direct distribution channels represent close to 29% of the Group’s total sales.

As for the Accor loyalty program, which was launched about three years ago, it has grown quickly. It has already 8.3 million members around the world and accounts for over 18% of sales. As part of Accor’s new brand strategy, the loyalty program will be renamed Le Club Accor Hotels in March 2012.
The URL is: http://www.facebook.com/leclubaccorh...56980291047774

I would have preferred FourSquare.

It did not work when I checked into the MGallery B-Lay Tong.

Last edited by starflyergold; Oct 22, 2012 at 3:19 am Reason: added info, updated URL
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm going to give this a try later today, but I believe that not all Accor properties are participating. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a list of those properties that are...

Still no mention of how many bonus points are on offer - the A|Club rep on Facebook was unable to offer up this information.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
4sq would definitely have been a better option.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Accor PR:

I believe spg on 4sq was first. So much for the PR...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Accor PR:

I could not figure out how to check-in using the application.
Do they mean to check-in using my mobile?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheShis
I could not figure out how to check-in using the application.
Do they mean to check-in using my mobile?
Yes. You need to link the A|Club Facebook application to your A|Club account by punching the number into the Facebook app. The check-ins are then made using the mobile Facebook app - you just post a location-based status update to say that you're at a particular Accor hotel.

I'm not sure if it would also work if you just updated your location using the normal web interface, as all that the A|Club places app seems to do is recognise when your status changes to show that you're at an Accor hotel. Updating my location using the mobile app, I've found that it takes around a half hour to propagate into the A|Club app.

I tried it at two different UK Novotels over the weekend (Wolverhampton and Manchester West). Both check-ins showed up in the A|Club app but are still showing as awaiting approval - it apparently takes ten days for your stay to get approved. I've got some stays in Dusseldorf and Paris coming up over the next couple of weeks, so I'll have to see how well the app works for Accor's European continental hotels.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Yes. You need to link the A|Club Facebook application to your A|Club account by punching the number into the Facebook app. The check-ins are then made using the mobile Facebook app - you just post a location-based status update to say that you're at a particular Accor hotel.

I'm not sure if it would also work if you just updated your location using the normal web interface, as all that the A|Club places app seems to do is recognise when your status changes to show that you're at an Accor hotel. Updating my location using the mobile app, I've found that it takes around a half hour to propagate into the A|Club app.

I tried it at two different UK Novotels over the weekend (Wolverhampton and Manchester West). Both check-ins showed up in the A|Club app but are still showing as awaiting approval - it apparently takes ten days for your stay to get approved. I've got some stays in Dusseldorf and Paris coming up over the next couple of weeks, so I'll have to see how well the app works for Accor's European continental hotels.
Thanks. I hope this works out for you.
The thing is, that sometimes there are multiple listings to Accor properties when using check-in. Let's see if this works.
Thanks again! ))
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by TheShis
Thanks. I hope this works out for you.
The thing is, that sometimes there are multiple listings to Accor properties when using check-in. Let's see if this works.
Thanks. I'll be interested to see how many points one actually gets for using this (it seems to be a big secret at the moment!)

I did notice that there were multiple entries available when attempting to check-in. For example, in Manchester I could have checked in to "Novotel Hotel" or "Novotel Manchester West". I think this comes about because you are able to post 'free form' location updates to Facebook, which then get absorbed into the directory and suggested to subsequent visitors.

I would suggest that anyone using A|Club places is best off choosing the location that sounds most like the official hotel name. You can check you've got the right one by clicking through the place name on your wall, after posting your update. The places with 'official status' have a bit of spiel about the business.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I tried this at a Novotel in Bangkok where I was staying for the last few days. None of the places I tried showed up in my list, so maybe that property doesn't participate. Who knows.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I received this but decided that it's not worth to use this.

As this requires a physical check-in to the hotel unlike topguest where I earn points just checking in on social media.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:54 am

So far, I've tried it at the following hotels. All have registered correctly in A|Club Places:

Novotel Wolverhampton
Novotel Manchester West
Mercure Düsseldorf City Center

The hardest one so far was Düsseldorf - tried three different entries in the list before I found the right one!

None of them have generated any points so far. Still stuck at "Awaiting".

I'm staying at MGallery St. Ermin's in London tonight, so will try it there.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:26 am

So, unfortunately, this didn't work at MGallery St. Ermin's. This was despite me being very careful to make sure that I chose the place "owned" by Accor on Facebook for my check-in.

I have just received my first bonus points from A|Club places though. I've just had an email congratulating me on earning my first badge: the "Welcomer" (sic) badge. The reward attached to this accolade? 50 A|Club points. I'm hoping that other badges will carry more significant rewards.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold
I've tried to check in at following hotels in Bangkok and nothing worked so far.
-Novotel Platinum
-Pullman Bangkok King Power
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: ALL Platinum
Just tried to "install" the "App". Am I stupid or won't I see the App on iOS like iPhone or iPodTouch?
I have the feeling that this is a bit complicated for a lot of potential users. The install-link on the bottom of A-Club's pressinfo is redirected to a standard A-Club Facebook mobile site on iOS devices ...
So is this the way it should be done?:
After a first install on e.g. a notebook I only use the App to check if points have been been given? BUT I use a mobile device to really check-in via Facebook ("Where am I?"-function)? If WiFi is charged in a certain hotel and I do not intend to get into roaming costs or have a WiFi-only device with me, I will have to pay for using this A-Club Places toy?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 3:28 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
50 A|Club points. I'm hoping that other badges will carry more significant rewards.
Hi Southwesterner,

if you would please give me the dates of your stay, the name of the hotel and your A|Club card number, I will pass this information on to the proper department within the Accor Group to ensure that your points will be properly awarded. Accorhotels is aware of the unofficial hotel pages issue and is currently working to remove these pages from Facebook.

The 50 points, while seeming rather token in nature, I can assure you that some of the other badges are worth much, much more in terms of points awarded.

Cheers,

Christopher

Originally Posted by frechen
Just tried to "install" the "App". Am I stupid or won't I see the App on iOS like iPhone or iPodTouch?
Hi freshen,

If you prefer not to use hotel WiFi and already have internet access via your mobile phone operator, you will be able to take advantage of A|Club Places benefits without any additional charges. As you noted, you have to use your mobile phone to do your Facebook check-ins through the Facebook mobile app but need to connect via a computer to check your A|Club Places account, as Facebook doesn't yet allow access to third-party apps via a mobile device.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Christopher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.