Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing shares from New Zealand? I am interesting in either 50 shares or a "nominativ" share.

I would be grateful for any help received
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
No, there is no Accor stock in US exchanges. US exchanges trade ADRs of Accor stock which is a depository receipt held by a trust. I don't think it will work.
Does anyone have experience on whether ADR's will work (or not).

how else can an american buy shares?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:40 pm

ADR are not stocks, therefore it would not work

try E-trade, it seems to me that they can trade stock from everywhere

i used to own US stocks from my former employer (a US company) while working in Europe thanks to E-trade and many of my US colleagues also had european stocks with this broker
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by bbmatt
Does anyone have experience on whether ADR's will work (or not).

how else can an american buy shares?
Ask your bank to open European stock markets on your account. You might need to pay more fees.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 1:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
A much-viewed blog covered this a few days ago (here), so don't be surprised if the requirements change (although it's possibly something that can't be altered without a shareholder vote).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
A much-viewed blog covered this a few days ago (here), so don't be surprised if the requirements change (although it's possibly something that can't be altered without a shareholder vote).
Sent my application in yesterday, let's see if it still works (52 stocks, so just about over the minimum)

Edit: after 2 working days nothing yet. Anyone who applied recently, how long was the wait? Will be staying at an accor property next week, hoping they change my status in time

Last edited by zehbra; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:36 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zehbra
Sent my application in yesterday, let's see if it still works (52 stocks, so just about over the minimum)

Edit: after 2 working days nothing yet. Anyone who applied recently, how long was the wait? Will be staying at an accor property next week, hoping they change my status in time
Mine took about 7 days to change. Purchased stock last week.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:33 am

If you buy 50 stocks and you have to sent the conformation. Where can you send it too?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EB86
If you buy 50 stocks and you have to sent the conformation. Where can you send it too?
As mentioned earlier in the thread you need to fill out the form at http://www.accor.com/fr/finance/espa.../adhesion.html, then email your evidence to '[email protected]'.

thedavebloke

Last edited by onemoretrip; Sep 3, 2014 at 9:47 am Reason: rephrasing
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by thedavebloke
As mentioned earlier in the thread you need to fill out the form at http://www.accor.com/fr/finance/espa.../adhesion.html, then email your evidence to '[email protected]'.

thedavebloke
Thanks, I really should be bothered to check for myself. Sorry about that.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thedavebloke
Mine took about 7 days to change. Purchased stock last week.
Thanks, good to know! I'm a little more impatient, so i wrote them an email again on tuesday, informing them kindly that I plan to stay in accor properties next week and that it would be rather great if they could hurry up... It worked it seems status changed 8 hours after I sent the email (so 3 working days in total).

Also, quick question for people who've reached Platinum the "normal" way: what's the last digit of your membership numbers? I noticed with status changes, the last digit changes; My membership number is a 2 now, is that normal plat or a special indicator of CdA?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:25 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
I noticed with status changes, the last digit changes; My membership number is a 2 now, is that normal plat or a special indicator of CdA?
This short thread from 2011 has answers.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks! But that doesn't seem to hold true anymore... I started out with a 7 (Classic) and then a 5 (silver). Now I'm a 2 (Platinum / CdA)..
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:33 am

I have emailed them and filled out the form. Let's wait and see.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Also, quick question for people who've reached Platinum the "normal" way: what's the last digit of your membership numbers? I noticed with status changes, the last digit changes; My membership number is a 2 now, is that normal plat or a special indicator of CdA?
Thanks! But that doesn't seem to hold true anymore... I started out with a 7 (Classic) and then a 5 (silver). Now I'm a 2 (Platinum / CdA)..
7 for me (plat)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.