Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:05 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Accor's own English language "How to become a shareholder" page may answer some (but doubtless not all) of the questions people have.

Buying a single share and asking Accor for Platinum status strikes me as rather high risk behaviour: if lots of people do it then it's only a matter of time before Accor tweaks the Club des Actionnaires rules.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So can I confirm that buying a (1) single au nominatif share will be enough for plat?
Absolutely.
I have just used my platinum card recently at Sofitel So Bangkok and got all the benefits. Really pleased about it !
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Good to know! And keep in the arsenal. I made plat last year through hard work (stays)... But if they won't change this, it will be good for future references (or just to get one now for safety
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Recommend to buy 50 shares, esp if you do not have direct access to french brokers

I would recommend to buy 50 shares, if you do not have direct access to French brokers.

I am personally a shareholder of Accor myself, but being based outside France, the transfer is way too difficult if you do not have direct access to French brokers.

It is a good investment btw, I think the share value has risen almost 50% from the time I bought it, and I do get some dividends yearly. Of course I wish Accor will continue to perform and roll out better benefits for Elite to get bigger market share from the big american hotel chain rivals.

Those who are based in Asia and able to visit SIN regularly can PM me, as I am able to help you purchase it from SIN.
(However, if you require au nominatif - for those trying for 1 Accor Share only, you may have to find a direct french broker.)
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just as a data point, I bought 50 shares and emailed [email protected] with confirmation of my purchase. I didn't get a reply, so I emailed again a couple of days later. About 10 days later in total, my account is now Platinum. I haven't gotten my physical card yet (I'm in the US).

So far, so good. Thanks to all for the help on this thread.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by b8brooks
Just as a data point, I bought 50 shares and emailed [email protected] with confirmation of my purchase. I didn't get a reply, so I emailed again a couple of days later. About 10 days later in total, my account is now Platinum. I haven't gotten my physical card yet (I'm in the US).

So far, so good. Thanks to all for the help on this thread.
Out of curiosity, did you buy AC.PA, ACRFY or ACRFF?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Out of curiosity, did you buy AC.PA, ACRFY or ACRFF?
AC.PA, 50 shares.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b8brooks
AC.PA, 50 shares.
Thanks. I have a question into [email protected] about whether the American Depository Receipts (ADRs, symbols ACRFY and ACRFF) count. It does look like one of my brokerage accounts would let me buy AC.PA, though.

ACRFY is trading at less than $10 a share, BTW.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:49 pm

ACRFY are not shares but derivatives, you need to buy shares

Accor shares recently dropped, so did European markets, so it is way more affordable and the company is doing well, so in the end, it is a good investment
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:41 am
IMH

I have a question into [email protected] about whether the American Depository Receipts (ADRs, symbols ACRFY and ACRFF) count.
ADRs aren't shares so one wouldn't/shouldn't expect them to qualify. Asking Accor is high-risk behaviour IMO.

It does look like one of my brokerage accounts would let me buy AC.PA
A family member in the US bought 100 AC shares through a Fidelity brokerage account. The fees came to just over 30 USD.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enzo0511
ACRFY are not shares but derivatives, you need to buy shares
Yeah, figured it might be the case. It looks like ACRFY trades at 1/5th the price of ACRFF, so I guess it's like a 1/5th of a share?

ACRFF seems to be the same price as AC.PA. Both ACRFY and ACRFF are listed on the OTC pink sheets (which probably means liquidity is kinda "eh") and appear to be either unsponsored ADRs or sponsored level 1 ADRs.

Originally Posted by IMH
ADRs aren't shares so one wouldn't/shouldn't expect them to qualify. Asking Accor is high-risk behaviour IMO.
I would think "hey, I want to buy your stock" is a behaviour most publicly traded companies wish to encourage. I doubt giving an American who maybe travels overseas once or twice a year a couple of upgrades or breakfasts is a huge problem. It's not all that easy to stay in Accor properties in North America- a total of 23 properties- less than half Accor's presence in just Thailand (51).

Originally Posted by IMH
A family member in the US bought 100 AC shares through a Fidelity brokerage account. The fees came to just over 30 USD.
Yeah, it will be them or E*Trade if I go through with it.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 17, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old May 3, 2014, 5:26 am

No reponse from [email protected]

I bought 50 shares in last March and submitted the application and proof of ownership. I have not received any response from Accor although I sent them several follow-up emails, and it makes me quite upset... Does any of you have the same experience?
Old May 3, 2014, 5:42 am

Usually, when posting for the first time, it is customary to say hello

and finish a question by saying thank you in order to expect a response
Old May 3, 2014, 6:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the Accor forum bonohbonoh

And while we are on the FT rules we also have rules asking members to be welcoming http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#welcoming

Snark will not be tolerated on FT!

Usually, when posting for the first time, it is customary to say hello

and finish a question by saying thank you in order to expect a response
Like this?

yes, iphone apps are almost always updated faster than on android

all accorhotels and branded apps have these features

i hope they will use Passbook soon with automatic update like SPG
Old May 3, 2014, 6:58 am
IMH

Welcome to FlyerTalk, bonohbonoh. You'll find most people here are mostly friendly, most of the time.

Originally Posted by bonohbonoh
I bought 50 shares in last March and submitted the application and proof of ownership. I have not received any response from Accor [...]
My own experience is that they can take between three hours and three weeks to answer emails. Dealing with emails from individuals writing (often in English) about the club des actionnaires is only a small part of what the Accor investor relations office does. Bear in mind that the company's annual shareholder meeting was held last week (29 April), so people will have been run off their feet. They'll have been closed for the public holidays too (Easter and 1 May).

My advice would be wait until after the next long weekend (8 May is another holiday in France: le jour de la libration) before writing again if you still haven't heard anything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.