Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks for that, jhempy.

Had you contacted LCAH (or Shareholder Relations) about this, or are they just working their way through CdA accounts?
I only have sent a proof of ownership of shares via the online form some time ago.
Everything seems to be correct as I already can print out my new plat card.
Hope they will ad some new perks for plat!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:25 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jhempy
Hope they will ad some new perks for plat!
That would be nice, although many of us would be sufficiently happy if they started consistently honouring the existing benefits...
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:22 am

Is it normal that after submitting your application it takes weeks to upgrade your account to Gold?

I received a reply on 21MAR that they received my application and that it will take up to 3 weeks. As of today, I received neither a new card nor was my account upgraded. I already sent reminder 1 week ago but no reaction until now.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Reifel
Is it normal that after submitting your application it takes weeks to upgrade your account to Gold?

I received a reply on 21MAR that they received my application and that it will take up to 3 weeks. As of today, I received neither a new card nor was my account upgraded. I already sent reminder 1 week ago but no reaction until now.
Usually it just takes a few days, BUT it seems like the whole support system has come to a stop in the past few weeks.. replies take very very long.. many here have been waiting for answers for a few weeks! Good luck..
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by Reifel

Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:04 am
IMH

My status seems to have vanished completely...

I wanted to register for the May "exceptional bonus". I logged in and can see my reservations, but no reference to status or points. Instead, I'm invited to join LCAH in order to register for the offer. (That link, of course, only brings an error message.)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:17 am
IMH

Originally Posted by IMH
My status seems to have vanished completely...
Waiting an hour cleared that one up, fortunately.

But still nothing from Shareholder Relations, three weeks after my first email and a week after a friendly nudge.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
Waiting an hour cleared that one up, fortunately.

But still nothing from Shareholder Relations, three weeks after my first email and a week after a friendly nudge.
I suggest writing an email to Accor's managing director : [email protected]

I read this story this morning : someone requesting a status match with Etihad was so tired of getting no answer that he decided to write directly to James Hogan, Etihad's CEO. He got an answer within 15 minutes and his status was upgraded in the next few hours.

Sebastien Bazin speaks a lot in the french media, saying how important social networks are. He should know how we are treated !
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:28 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I suggest writing an email to Accor's managing director
Thanks, but I'd rather keep that in reserve for when there's a bigger problem. (Fast forward to June: "Dear M Bazin, my account has been downgraded to Gold because I only earned 24,500 points in the past three months...")
Old May 7, 2015, 6:38 am
IMH

Membership of the Shareholders Club as at the end of each year, taken from Accor's annual reports:

2001: 3,000
2002: 5,000
2003: 5,500
2004: 6,600
2005: 7,000
2006: 7,300
2007: 7,600
2008: 7,800
2009: "nearly 8,000"
2010: "over 8,000"
2011: "more than 8,000"
2012: 8,143
2013: 8,591
2014: 10,050

Last edited by IMH; May 7, 2015 at 9:03 am Reason: completed list 2001-2014
Old May 9, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I wonder how many shareholders will submit their proof or the downgrade to gold, my bet is 50% of the 10.000.
Reaching 10k platinum shareholders they must react to reduce this number....
Checking my 365 days Accor activities I just noticed I spent 29 nights, one night short of gold status. Thus I don't need to be shareholder if I target gold, just hit a nearby Accor property tonight.

I also noticed today that my last Accor stay of this week did not get me the x4 platinum points promotion, shareholders are excluded, thus only got the 3x.
I also was not upgraded at the Baraquda Pattaya where I just stayed.

As a conclusion I will sell my shares with a 100% profit and stay 30 nights at Accor properties if I fancy gold.
I might as well decide to choose amongst the thousands of non-Accor properties for my future stays. I have two more bookings for 2x3 nights at Baraquda for May and June.
I will cancel these bookings today and widen my hotel horizon for my next trips.
I hope this will satisfy Accor.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tartempion
I wonder how many shareholders will submit their proof or the downgrade to gold, my bet is 50% of the 10.000.
Reaching 10k platinum shareholders they must react to reduce this number....
Checking my 365 days Accor activities I just noticed I spent 29 nights, one night short of gold status. Thus I don't need to be shareholder if I target gold, just hit a nearby Accor property tonight.

I also noticed today that my last Accor stay of this week did not get me the x4 platinum points promotion, shareholders are excluded, thus only got the 3x.
I also was not upgraded at the Baraquda Pattaya where I just stayed.

As a conclusion I will sell my shares with a 100% profit and stay 30 nights at Accor properties if I fancy gold.
I might as well decide to choose amongst the thousands of non-Accor properties for my future stays. I have two more bookings for 2x3 nights at Baraquda for May and June.
I will cancel these bookings today and widen my hotel horizon for my next trips.
I hope this will satisfy Accor.

Still fall short of 30 nights in the year. Anyway in my case I am by far likely to qualify on my points for platinum, so I am tempted to sell my shares now.

I think I am up to 40,000 points earnt now for the past 6 months.

A reduction in plats should provide long term benifits for those that remain.

Last edited by tris06; May 9, 2015 at 10:41 am
Old May 18, 2015, 12:59 am

is it still worth to join the club? the lounge access was the main draw for me. am just wondering if there are other perks that i am overlooking for gold members
Old May 18, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by orson_y
is it still worth to join the club? the lounge access was the main draw for me. am just wondering if there are other perks that i am overlooking for gold members
If you do it by the 1 registered share route I think it's worth it to have, effectively, lifetime gold in return for the ~60 EUR and inconvenience it would cost you. However, you can also buy gold status for 90 EUR via the IBIS business card.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: BA, A3, AF
Has anyone been downgraded yet? I am still Plat after the 3rd of June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.