Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:44 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
Today [...] my status shows as Club des Actionnaires.
Two and a half weeks later, the new Platinum card has reached the US. I can't recall an airline or hotel group getting a card out faster than that.

It appears to be a standard Platinum card but doesn't show an expiry date. That's nice in one way but I can also imagine it causing problems -- front desk staff will need to check their online systems to confirm validity, rather than just glancing at the card.

All liable to change with the transition to Le Club Accorhotels, of course...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:58 pm
IMH

A family member who also owns some Accor shares but wasn't previously an A|Club member signed up earlier this month. Her new Platinum card has now arrived and differs from my card in a couple of details. A small text box containing the words "Club des Actionnaires Accor" is located on the back next to the customer service numbers (which were also missing from the reverse of my card).
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by IMH
A family member who also owns some Accor shares but wasn't previously an A|Club member signed up earlier this month. Her new Platinum card has now arrived and differs from my card in a couple of details. A small text box containing the words "Club des Actionnaires Accor" is located on the back next to the customer service numbers (which were also missing from the reverse of my card).
Bought some 51 Accor Shares today and filled out the online application form in French for the Accor Shareholder club and submitted it online.

Now I will just wait for their e-mail and submitting the proof of 50 shares .
Hoping I will get Platinum status .
Let you know if its working.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:43 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
Bought some 51 Accor Shares today and filled out the online application form in French for the Accor Shareholder club and submitted it online.

Now I will just wait for their e-mail and submitting the proof of 50 shares .
Hoping I will get Platinum status .
Let you know if its working.
WOW that was really fast excellent Customer service, today in the morning I received the e-mail asking me to send a proof of my accor shares Holding as an e-mail or by post.
I sended a copy of my Accor shares in my brokerage account bought yesterday
as an PDF attachment and now my online account says A-club de accionnaires on the virtual card
online, but no sign or word of Platinum. So may be this is the very exclusive Level of accorA club membership.
Now hopefully I will get my new card as soon as possible before my first stay.
Thank you Accor and you have won a new loyal Customer to your brand.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:20 pm

Hi,

I'm new to share buying.. which share group do i buy into? there's listings such as ACCP:IX and AC:BQ and so on... pls help. PM me if its alright.

Thanks.

Rgds
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by SQ327
Hi,

I'm new to share buying.. which share group do i buy into? there's listings such as ACCP:IX and AC:BQ and so on... pls help. PM me if its alright.

Thanks.

Rgds
Just tell your broker that you will buy the accor shares in Paris on the euronext boerse.
My total commison for the 51 shares was about $35 but I have bought online in europe.
by the way got a new e-mail saying that i will arrive my new card in 2 weeks.
Also booked a Suite in the mercure Hotel Quito/ecuador for 71$ using my new account really painless application for their shareholders club. so try it,good luck
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:35 am
IMH

To identify Accor common stock: the International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) is FR0000120404. It is listed in Paris as AC (see e.g. AC.PA).
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:17 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I shall get in touch with my broker.

Just a few more questions...how will renewal process work? Will one need to keep showing proof that the shares are still there?

Last edited by SQ327; Nov 21, 2011 at 8:51 pm
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:58 am

After 15 days my new card arrived, it is a regular a-club platinum card but with no expiration date, only on the back of the card you can see a sign of club des accionair.as it has no expiration this is fantastic and i guess there is no need of renew.Only bad thing is that my new accor shares are down 21% in less than 3 weeks.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:12 am
IMH

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
Only bad thing is that my new accor shares are down 21% in less than 3 weeks.
This can be seen as positive: you're less likely to be tempted to sell them.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:30 pm

problems signing up for club des actionnaire

Recently I've bought some Accor shares and signed up online for the club des actionnaires 4 weeks ago. I haven't got any reaction, so after 1 week I signed up again, but again no reaction. Then I tried to email them and NO reaction. Tried to sign up via an other PC and email address, still no reaction
They give free Plat promos to nearly everyone but do not for their shareholders .
What can I do to get any reaction form Accor?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Good luck with that. I couldn't even get to the stage of buying the shares. After calling Societe Generale (as instructed on their site) and giving my information, I still haven't received the forms after 4 or 5 months. If I want to buy them from Hong Kong, I'd need to pay 180 euros as the minimum fee so it's not worth buying them. And now i've missed the boat as they've gone up in price!! French banks....terrible customer service. I've spent many hours finding out how to buy Accor shares and I'm not going to spend any more time!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jhempy
Recently I've bought some Accor shares and signed up online for the club des actionnaires 4 weeks ago. I haven't got any reaction, so after 1 week I signed up again, but again no reaction. Then I tried to email them and NO reaction. Tried to sign up via an other PC and email address, still no reaction
They give free Plat promos to nearly everyone but do not for their shareholders .
What can I do to get any reaction form Accor?
How many are "some"?

There is a minimum limit I'm made believe you have to purchase before be able to get your card...

Otherwise, you could call them instead of wasting time mailing as you would get a response there and then.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by Plancktos
Went ahead and bought 50 shares of Accor and got a Club des Actionnaires account approved in one day (after submitting the trade statement). Accor shares are up by about 1€ so I am even making 50€ profit...
Does it have to be 50 shares of AC.PA on the Paris Exchange? Or can you purchase 50 shares of another listing (i.e. ACRFY which I think are ADRs)? I am not sure I know how to purchase stock on the Paris exchange through my existing brokerage account?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:06 am

Wink my recent experience

I'm in France. Took me almost 2 weeks to open account via Internet at local brooker. Then I bought 1 (yes one) share of Accor, 2E fee. Had to call the brooker then to ask to put this share in some special "mode" (they call it here "Au nominatif administré"). Otherways you have to buy 50shares of Accor.

Once done, I went on monday to Accor site http://www.accor.com/fr/finance/espa.../adhesion.html and I completed simple form (even if you dont speak french you should be able to do it).
However no response after 2-3 days and no confirmation email.
So I sent them also an email (to comfi[at]accor.com). And voila, in 24hours I got a response saying that my new card is on the way!

BTW english version of Accor site does not have this form to become member of this shareholders club!

So Yes, if you can get an account opened here in France you can have this platinum card for 2E fee to buy 1 share + 25E value of one share

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 26, 2012 at 11:28 am Reason: removed live email to avoid spam robots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.