Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL hotels walkable from Nice airport (NCE)

Old May 3, 2023, 1:17 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum

I have a layover at NCE and a search shows a Novotel, ibis Styles and ibis Budget all near the airport. Is it possible to walk to these rather than use a taxi/bus? Flying with AF, so I guess using Terminal 2.

Last edited by siw; May 3, 2023 at 4:38 am
Old May 3, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Yes, easily walkable. No need to pay for expensive taxi.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:57 am
siw
Original Poster

Thank you.

I assume I cannot walk from Terminal 2, so is there a free T2 to T1 transfer bus and then walk from T1 to Novotel via the road underpass?
Old May 3, 2023, 7:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by siw
Thank you.

I assume I cannot walk from Terminal 2, so is there a free T2 to T1 transfer bus and then walk from T1 to Novotel via the road underpass?
There is a tram line right outside the terminal, very easy and convenient. I believe it is free between the terminals.
Old May 3, 2023, 7:59 am
siw
Original Poster

A free tram is perfect. Then I can walk to/from the Novotel.

Thanks

Update: Called ALL CS to book the Novotel hotel. The agent phoned the hotel reception regarding walking from the airport to the hotel. The reply: Terminal 1 OK to walk, if Terminal 2 then call and they will send the free stuttle van (not sure if that is only becasue I said my hotel check-in time will be 10pm-11pm),

Last edited by siw; May 3, 2023 at 12:11 pm Reason: Update
Old May 3, 2023, 4:32 pm

Google maps shows a 15 to 20 minute walk from T2 to the Novotel. NCE is fairly small.
Old May 4, 2023, 12:34 am
siw
Original Poster

I could not see a pedestrian walkway from Terminal 2 so assumed no walking from there. As I only have 1 backpack walking will be easy.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:02 am

The tram offers free transfers between T1, T2 and Grand Arénas.

https://www.nice.aeroport.fr/en/dire...blic-transport
siw likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:00 am

hello, let me answer you regarding your request, I live in Nice and I confirm that to go to this hotel, you have several options such as the bus, the taxi or an airport transfer company, for the bus I recommend www.lignedazur.fr for taxis www.taxis06100.fr and for transfers www.niceairporttransfer.fr, I hope I have helped with your request. Have a good day
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nikaia06
hello, let me answer you regarding your request, I live in Nice and I confirm that to go to this hotel, you have several options such as the bus, the taxi or an airport transfer company, for the bus I recommend www.lignedazur.fr for taxis www.taxis06100.fr and for transfers www.niceairporttransfer.fr, I hope I have helped with your request. Have a good day
Hmm... that's not very good advice I'm afraid. As noted by others, the best way is to just either walk or take the tramway (lines 2 or 3) which is free from Grand Arenas to both terminals. Tramway runs roughly from 4.30am to 0.30am so given Nice curfew it should be available pretty much for any flight (though admittedly you could wait 20-30 minutes if your flight arrives after 11pm). Taking a taxi or private transfer for such a short distance would be completely ridiculous and I can't think of any of the Lignes d'Azur busses that would make sense to go from any of those hotels to either terminal.

Walking is possible to both terminals (very easy to T1, for T2 you need to know your way but it is actually feasible if you want, but unlikely to be worth it given how convenient the tramway is.
NickB likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hmm... that's not very good advice I'm afraid.
Indeed, and, moreover, this thread is almost one year old.
orbitmic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.