Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Accor | Le Club Accorhotels
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 25, 10, 8:33 am   #1
Moderator, Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: TK*G, A3*G, EI Gold Circle Prestige, BA Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Hilton Gold
Sofitel in third place in US “Upper Upscale Tier” survey

Accor PR:

Quote:
PARIS, April 22, 2010 – Sofitel Luxury Hotels received third place in the “Upper Upscale Tier” category Business Travel News’ 2010 U.S. Hotel Chain Survey. One of the industry’s most important indicators of business travel satisfaction, the survey revealed a significant jump for the hotel group which placed eleventh in 2009. Sofitel scored an overall 4.01 on a five-point scale for satisfaction with corporate travel buyers, separating the hotel group from first place by only .02 points.

Sofitel Luxury Hotels COO, Robert Gaymer-Jones cites the hotel group’s commitment to improving quality and brand consistency for this year’s top marks, which include highest in category ratings for commission payment systems and in-room business amenities.

“Business travelers choose Sofitel for our ability to deliver an excellent, quality experience that never loses sight of the importance of the aesthetic to the individual. It may be our French roots, but we believe this is the essence of luxury and we’ve taken great care to improve the Sofitel experience on all fronts, from improved employee training systems and
enhanced bedding in the rooms to ambient touches in common areas including lighting, music and fragrances.”

In addition to this impressive ranking, Sofitel Luxury Hotels has been the recipient of 25 international awards since January 2010, a testament to the hotel group’s continued growth and success.
Currently, Sofitel Luxury Hotels has twenty hotels under development worldwide with ten openings scheduled for this year alone, including new flagships in Austria, Cambodia, Mauritius Island and the GCC countries.
Whatever the PR blurb says you can still do much better for your business travellers, especially for A-Club elites.

FYI:
The top 5 2010 upper upscale ranking is:
1. Le Meridien
2. Intercontinental
3. Sofitel
3. JW Marriott
5. Renaissance

Full details of the survey are available here

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 25, 10 at 2:19 pm..
starflyergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 10, 1:21 pm   #2

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Finnair Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, SBB/CFF GA
I, for one, am glad to see Sofitel on the top five list tbh. In all fairness I'd rather stay at Sofitel than IC as I seriously think I get more for my hard earned cash with Sofitel than Intercontinental.

I have been fortunately enough to have stayed at the top three hotels over the last couple of years and yes, Le Meridien is great, but I personally think Sofitel is not far behind...

And yes, you're right Starflyergold that A-Club elites should maybe get that little extra, but I was from far disappointed of what my gold card brought me in both Cambodia and Saigon (as you read from my reviews earlier)... Maybe some more recognition at Novotel and maybe even Mercure (two of my other favorites) would not be bad...