Free accor a club gold membership

Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Simmo
You could even go a step further and email them and let them know you're coming and what benefits you should receive at their property.
Done. I checked the A-Club site and a Gold member gets a free upgrade (if available) and late check out.

I emailed them to let them know my arrrival date and what was expected as a Gold member (nicely of course). Got a read receipt but no reply yet.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:00 am

So many people got their Gold Status through this code. And this code was transferred to several Chinese Forum. So Gold is Nothing now.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yarrowfell
Done. I checked the A-Club site and a Gold member gets a free upgrade (if available) and late check out.

I emailed them to let them know my arrrival date and what was expected as a Gold member (nicely of course). Got a read receipt but no reply yet.
Did you send this to A-Club or directly to the hotel?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bigsharing
So Gold is Nothing now.
How is that?

You still get more acceleration points. So there might be millions of new Gold Card holders, but until you reach 2,000 points (for the voucher redemption) it's more or less worthless and to get there you actually have to spend money and time in an Accor hotel...
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AA, MM, DC, SU
Oh, this promo is still working now!
Great!
Thnks U!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
Promo is still working for me as well. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Hm, it doesnt like my other email address so I think the promo card has been linked to specific email addresses.

No, wait, it accepts a very different email address - must have recognised my other email addys.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, so I signed up and I'm now Gold.

I probably stay in Accor hotels a half dozen times a year (which is probably a lot for an American. ). I have some rezzies coming up. Like I'm booked into a "standard" room at a Mercure in Madrid. I give them my gold number. Will I actually get a noticable room upgrade? Anything else?

Similar question for China. I'm booked in a Novotel in a superior room. Next category up is the executive floor. Will I likely score an upgrade to that?

If so, Gold will be good. If not, I guess I'm no worse off.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
OK, so I signed up and I'm now Gold.

I probably stay in Accor hotels a half dozen times a year (which is probably a lot for an American. ). I have some rezzies coming up. Like I'm booked into a "standard" room at a Mercure in Madrid. I give them my gold number. Will I actually get a noticable room upgrade? Anything else?

Similar question for China. I'm booked in a Novotel in a superior room. Next category up is the executive floor. Will I likely score an upgrade to that?

If so, Gold will be good. If not, I guess I'm no worse off.
Sorry to disappoint but Elite benefits such as upgrades don't extend to Mercure or Novotel. They only apply to Sofitel, Pullman and Mgallery hotels. However it is not unheard of that "lower" chains try to accommodate elite customers but they don't have to according to the programme rules. You will get the points bonus of course.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Has anyone received the actual gold card after any stay, and the extra points that go with it?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, SK Diamond
Originally Posted by josmon10
Has anyone received the actual gold card after any stay, and the extra points that go with it?
Yes!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Cupart
Did you send this to A-Club or directly to the hotel?
Direct to the hotel. We flew back in today from KL after a 6 night stay at the Novotel. Showed them a print out of my Gold status and got upgraded from an Executive room (21st floor) to a Executive room on the Executive level (24th floor). Being on the executive floor gives you access to level 28 (Free Alcohol/finger food in the evening and breakfast in the morning).

1st day we headed up and had a free glass of wine and food in the evening. 2nd day we headed up in the morning and were told as we entered we were not allowed access as we were a "upgrade guest".

So apart from a room on a higher floor (exactly the same room) there was no benefit
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
1st day we headed up and had a free glass of wine and food in the evening. 2nd day we headed up in the morning and were told as we entered we were not allowed access as we were a "upgrade guest".
The terms state that they must upgrade you to the next category room, if available. Maybe your high floor room was a little larger and had the Hermes bath amenities?

I have heard other non-Accor hotels upgrading people to the Exec Floor and not allowing them access to the lounge. That, in my opinion, is abslolutely terrible!

Its like an airline upgrading you to first class, but feeding you from Economy!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G

So apart from a room on a higher floor (exactly the same room) there was no benefit
If this was a Sofitel, you didnt get the welcome drink voucher and a the free gift (something like a fruit basket/plate)???
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL
I called to try to merge 2 accounts, one I had previously created and one I just created with this instant Gold promotion, they said I wasn't allowed to have more than one account and the Gold account would be deleted

Ah well, serves me right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.