Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Disneyworld Passes

Disneyworld Passes

Old Dec 17, 1998, 11:37 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Disneyworld Passes

Does anyone know who has the best awards (least miles needed) for a 4 or 5 day Disneyworld pass.

Has anyone ever used an award this way. Is it worth it.

Thanks

Old Dec 18, 1998, 6:57 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
I looked into this for my upcoming (Jan 2) family disneyworld outing. Amex has one of the few points-for-packages deals, but it is a 3-day all-inclusive (requires 165,000 points) and one cannot transfer miles INTO the AMEX program...So I just took the 4 free 1st class seats, an SC6 award from Hhonors (4 free nights at a classic hotel) and will bite the bullet on the park passes. Since the hilton is on the disney "campus" we will taxi to the hotel and shuttle-bus from there to the parks, mitigating the need for a rental car (which, according to this board is either very difficult or very simple to get in Orlando)...

Whoa, ok, just looked, you CAN get 6 day park passes for 45,000 points adult or 38,000 points for a kid. But who could stay SANE after six days of disney????
Old Dec 18, 1998, 8:20 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Have you considered getting a Magic Kingdom Club Gold card?

Some employers offer it for free, or you can pay an annual membership of $60 (or $50 if you tell them you're a Disney Corp shareholder).

You get 5% off park admissions, 10% off purchases at all Disney Stores nationwide, and a bunch of other discounts at WDW, Disneyland and travel clubs.

If you have small kids and live near malls, it pays for itself very quickly.

I believe they take phone applications at 1-800-56Disney.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.