Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

A FUN RUN !

A FUN RUN !

Old Jun 14, 2000, 9:52 am
Original Poster

A FUN RUN !

What a great four and a half days. My 1MM run was 6/9 to 6/13: BNA-MCO-FLL--MIA-CCS-BOG-UIO-LIM-CUZ-LIM-SJO-SAL-GUA-MGA-MIA--FLL-MCO-BNA. 15 Flights, 23 trips through airports, 13 cab rides, 3 train rides, 5 bus rides, and lots of walking.

All on-ground and in-air services were excellent with the lone exception of one short flight that was about like a typical UA domestic flight (without the surly FAs). The Latin Pass member airlines'in-air services are at the high level available in the USA a generation ago.

My "day off" was the most exciting and longest (17 hours from hotel check-out in LIM to check-in in CUZ). It included the train and bus trip to Machu Picchu and was well worth the time and effort.

Many thanks to all posters for the advice and help in planning, particularly Schutzee and STO_FT.

Wearing a little home-made Latin Pass helped in meeting two other MMers in airports. One had the same itinerary as mine for about half the run so we traveled together.

The only real negatives were those constant airport departure taxes.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: No preference
what was the mileage yield? ... and i would just like to say that nashville's bonus miles have been a blessing. I'm from there too.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
what was the mileage yield?
You do realize that post was over 10 years ago, don't you?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:52 pm

Talking

this just made my day, haha
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You do realize that post was over 10 years ago, don't you?
I am shamed ...
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:22 am

Not to worry. Lots of FlyerTalkers have fond memories of the Latin Run, and you probably brought those back. I can see folks now saying, "Ahhhh, those were the days!"
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Indeed, nostalgia for the LatinPass 1 million mile bonus is always worthwhile.

Too bad LatinPass became GlobalPass, devalued miles, lost all their airline partners. May she rest in peace.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 1:12 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I put my LatinPass miles to good use. Ahhh, good times.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
wow, this sounds awesome. I wish I had been around for this one, unfortunately I was only 13 at the time so I don't think I even knew what a FF mile was haha
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
What a great four and a half days. My 1MM run was 6/9 to 6/13: BNA-MCO-FLL--MIA-CCS-BOG-UIO-LIM-CUZ-LIM-SJO-SAL-GUA-MGA-MIA--FLL-MCO-BNA.
It really had me puzzled until this came along:

You do realize that post was over 10 years ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.