Community
Wiki Posts
Search

converting Dividend Miles to ????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:24 am
Original Poster

converting Dividend Miles to ????

I have 30K+ Usairways Dividend Miles, but I never fly Usairways any more. Is there any way to convert them into Delta Skymiles or HH points? If not, is it possible to combine them for use with Delta Skymiles for a continental U.S to Europe carrier? Any ideas welcome...

------------------
Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:30 am

No conversion, no combining, sorry...

And welcome to Flyertalk, tiarocci!
Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Do you ever fly United? Starting 11/1 you can credit your United flights with Dividend Miles.. top off your account for a 40k award.

------------------
More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Oct 23, 2002, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I do occasionally...can you actually transfer the miles to United, or do you have to use them on a United flight? Will Delta take United points in November as well? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: AA LTG EXP, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tiarocci:
I do occasionally...can you actually transfer the miles to United, or do you have to use them on a United flight? Will Delta take United points in November as well? Thanks.</font>
You will be able to book award tickets from US good on UA

http://www.usairways.com/about/press/us_ua_faq.htm
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Mileage redemption doesn't happen until 11/1/02 + 180 days, or somewhere around April 29, 30, or May 1 - depending on how they count the 180 days. At least that's how the language in the link above reads.

I'm like Tiarocci. Used to fly US all the time, have a balance of 150,000 Dividend miles, and want to get 'em out as fast as possible. On the day the open this up, I will be on the phone trying to get J/F tickets to Hawaii for my miles.

One other note: I can't find any language in the announcement about pooling miles. i.e., taking your 30K and adding 20K United miles for a 50K award. I'm guessing that you can't do this, even though you could for a brief time with AA and US miles.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 11:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:
One other note: I can't find any language in the announcement about pooling miles. i.e., taking your 30K and adding 20K United miles for a 50K award. I'm guessing that you can't do this, even though you could for a brief time with AA and US miles.</font>
That's right, you won't be able to pool miles between US and UA programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.