Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Bomb Threat at Rock Center

Old Sep 13, 2001, 10:50 am
Original Poster

We have just been told that there is a bomb threat in my building, and told to evacuate "if we do not feel comfortable here" Everyone is looking around to see if anyone else is leaving. I fear that I will be fired if I leave, but am going. Will check in with you all later. god be with everyone.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 10:58 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You'll be fired if you leave because there is a bomb threat??? That's not a company you want to work for.

Good luck and may you be typing at us again soon, safe and sound.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 11:31 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
we just had a bomb scare and they were great - evacuated the building and swept the building fully with fire dept, dogs etc. we are nbow back but very shaken. I have worked in 2 high rises here in SF and they have each had a number of scares throughout the years and I have nEVER been made to feel it is silly to leave or that there would be repurcussions if I did.

Old Sep 13, 2001, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

OK here I am checking in, I don't think anyone from my company left, but when I got to the first floor, I found that other companies in the building such as GE and NBC had evacuated. I do think that this is the right thing to do, better to wait outside until it is all clear than to take a chance. Later I heard (out on the street) that the bomb threat had been canceled, but isn't that what they told many at the WTC ... "go back upstairs, we have it under control"? Also I read there was a threat today at Grand Central Station. These are probably copy cat threats, but these days I think it is better to be safe than sorry. Anyway I am now home with the cats Northwest, Spirit and Continental.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.